• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Dr. Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. i go to update my emunand to 8.1 (so i can back it up and revert back to 4.5) it gets close to the end and i get a error, i'm assuming cause gateway cant boot 8.1. i guess my question is do i go ahead and backup at that point? how am i sure it updated completely? does anyone else get an error when trying to update their Emunand to 8.1?

2. i go to run a diagnostic test and everything fails even though gateway is working just fine. any idea whats going on?

Any thoughts?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eh guys a question, what would it take to downgrade an emunand? and would this still work as writing back to the real nand by hardware mod? i mean i've read you can use emunand to recover your 3ds if it's your own, i know we can't downgrade real nand, but can we downgrade emunand? and hardwire this back? that would mean that we could use the to be released exploit in userlevel maybe to recreate the environment to use gateway...
maybe not an easy way... but that would do for me
You can backup emunand and write it back to the sd card using emunand tool.
However, this would still require you have the lower firmware emunand backup.
So no, there is no way to "downgrade" emunand without backups either.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
what about the term rednand? i suspect this is a sort of emunand... that's what i meant,smealum had some sort of backub called rednand... if this is about the same as emunand only in a later stadium... could this be used just like emunand, and if so... in smealums hack... would it be able to downgrade rednand to fw 4.5? if so, can we convert this rednand (working on the 3ds now running higher fw, but with an rednand downgraded to fw 4.5 thats working also on this device) to realnand bij the flashcard mod on the mainboard.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
what about the term rednand? i suspect this is a sort of emunand... that's what i meant,smealum had some sort of backub called rednand... if this is about the same as emunand only in a later stadium... could this be used just like emunand, and if so... in smealums hack... would it be able to downgrade rednand to fw 4.5? if so, can we convert this rednand (working on the 3ds now running higher fw, but with an rednand downgraded to fw 4.5 thats working also on this device) to realnand bij the flashcard mod on the mainboard.
rednand is just smealums emunand.....running in exactly the same way as the gateway emunand i.e limited to 4.x

his new exploit doesn't and cant run any sort of emunand setup

Dr. Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. i go to update my emunand to 8.1 (so i can back it up and revert back to 4.5) it gets close to the end and i get a error, i'm assuming cause gateway cant boot 8.1. i guess my question is do i go ahead and backup at that point? how am i sure it updated completely? does anyone else get an error when trying to update their Emunand to 8.1?

2. i go to run a diagnostic test and everything fails even though gateway is working just fine. any idea whats going on?

well fixed my issues, for the first problem i just tried to update to 8.1 again and finally went through. not sure what was causing the error but i finally got it updated. backed that up and then reverted back to 4.5 to wait for the new gateway release.

and for the second issue i had it was just me being a super noob, i was trying to a run dianostic test without having the red card plugged in...oops. anyway thanks everyone for your help.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to compile 3ds homebrew into .3ds from github sources?

or something you can actually run on any gateway 3ds?

Tutorial etc for noobs​

Fury216

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Evening/Morning to you all !

Lurker for many many years, way back when I actually spent a lot of time reading, and followed a few suggestions with my original DS, and ended up getting a CycloDS before they vanished (well, sorta I guess.) My original DS has finally died, and I decided to take the plunge and go for a 3DS. Not sure which flavor, but because I am an old fart, I might go with a 3DS XL. I do not know if this impacts my decision for a flashcart, but I put that tidbit out there too.

I come before you to ask some questions, offer my current situation, and hopefully receive useful and helpful feedback.

After browsing and reading a short bit, I pretty much gather that my needs would be suited well by getting either the Gateway 3DS or the MT-Card. Here's where I need some input from everyone.

I have an extensive collection of DS games. The main reason for snagging a CycloDS was to dump a multitude of em to a microSD or two, rather than carrying around a giant pack full of cartridges. Which worked well, very well. Most of the games I played were older single player games, some pokemon goodness, and a smattering of imports from Japan. I've been keeping track of a lot of pretty decent/fun/cute/odd games from Japan on the 3DS, but alas, region lock.

Basically I need this :
Ability to dump games to SDHC/MicroSD, and play from there.
Able to play import/Japanese titles, and/or dump without jumping through hoops or anything crazy.
Able to upgrade the cart's firmware as needed, without jumping through more hoops. (Should it be required as my game library increases again)

Cost isn't really any type of barrier, but I would just like to know what would be the best decision. Most notably the ability to play imported games, whether it's via rom or the original cartridge.

Thank you all for your input, and I appreciate your help!

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Evening/Morning to you all !

Lurker for many many years, way back when I actually spent a lot of time reading, and followed a few suggestions with my original DS, and ended up getting a CycloDS before they vanished (well, sorta I guess.) My original DS has finally died, and I decided to take the plunge and go for a 3DS. Not sure which flavor, but because I am an old fart, I might go with a 3DS XL. I do not know if this impacts my decision for a flashcart, but I put that tidbit out there too.

I come before you to ask some questions, offer my current situation, and hopefully receive useful and helpful feedback.

After browsing and reading a short bit, I pretty much gather that my needs would be suited well by getting either the Gateway 3DS or the MT-Card. Here's where I need some input from everyone.

I have an extensive collection of DS games. The main reason for snagging a CycloDS was to dump a multitude of em to a microSD or two, rather than carrying around a giant pack full of cartridges. Which worked well, very well. Most of the games I played were older single player games, some pokemon goodness, and a smattering of imports from Japan. I've been keeping track of a lot of pretty decent/fun/cute/odd games from Japan on the 3DS, but alas, region lock.

Basically I need this :
Ability to dump games to SDHC/MicroSD, and play from there.
Able to play import/Japanese titles, and/or dump without jumping through hoops or anything crazy.
Able to upgrade the cart's firmware as needed, without jumping through more hoops. (Should it be required as my game library increases again)

Cost isn't really any type of barrier, but I would just like to know what would be the best decision. Most notably the ability to play imported games, whether it's via rom or the original cartridge.

Thank you all for your input, and I appreciate your help!

IDK about the benefits of dumping games personally..but wouldn't it be better to just download those copies online instead of spending 50$ to do it yourself?

And Just get a 4.5 3DS ( Which most likely will be hard)
Buy Gateway 3DS - Everything is just a clone anyways

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I apologize in advance, because I am positive this has been asked at least a billion times before.

I recently snagged a 3DS that is under 4.0 firmware at a an old "mom and pop" store near me, and I'm (obviously) looking into getting a Gateway flashcard. However, I'm incredibly paranoid and don't want to end up getting a fake. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good site in the US (or that ships to the US)?

I checked the firmware list on http://3ds.essh.co, and I have both Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and Fire Emblem Awakening. Both are US copies, and I just want to absolutely positively make sure that they are OK to use to get to the 4.2-4.5 firmware range.

Finally, is there an idiot-proof guide to setting up a Gateway flashcard and doing all the emuNAND business properly? I just want to play it safe and go over everything before I get it and mess something up.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I best off creating an emuNAND partion on 2.2 even though I believe It won't work or am I best off creating it once 2.3 goes public, I'm just going to wait for the release im not in to much of a rush. I just wondered whether It made a difference because I've never created one before. Thanks.

Hi,

I apologize in advance, because I am positive this has been asked at least a billion times before.

I recently snagged a 3DS that is under 4.0 firmware at a an old "mom and pop" store near me, and I'm (obviously) looking into getting a Gateway flashcard. However, I'm incredibly paranoid and don't want to end up getting a fake. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good site in the US (or that ships to the US)?

I checked the firmware list on http://3ds.essh.co, and I have both Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and Fire Emblem Awakening. Both are US copies, and I just want to absolutely positively make sure that they are OK to use to get to the 4.2-4.5 firmware range.

Finally, is there an idiot-proof guide to setting up a Gateway flashcard and doing all the emuNAND business properly? I just want to play it safe and go over everything before I get it and mess something up.

Check Gateways site, they have a resellers section which will have a list of sites to buy GateWay from in the US. It also has a 30min or so video explaining the process of using the GateWay and emuNAND.

Smash_Brothers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, guys. I know this has been asked many times and there are multiple threads on it, but I couldn't find a answer to this exact matter.

It's about flashcards for the 3DS, but I want a flashcard that runs NDS games. I'm okay with buying the 3DS games and am kind of afraid of bricking, but if I buy a 3DS I need to be able to play some NDS games as my NDS Lite is dying. Is there such a flashcard? If I use it is bricking a possibility?

Thanks

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, guys. I know this has been asked many times and there are multiple threads on it, but I couldn't find a answer to this exact matter.

It's about flashcards for the 3DS, but I want a flashcard that runs NDS games. I'm okay with buying the 3DS games and am kind of afraid of bricking, but if I buy a 3DS I need to be able to play some NDS games as my NDS Lite is dying. Is there such a flashcard? If I use it is bricking a possibility?

Thanks

Get a dstwo best ds flashcart there is, also no chance of bricking all safe with dstwo

The dstwo can ONLY PLAY DS GAMES AND HOMEBREW NO 3DS GAMES!

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
I'm already on Gateway 2.2, to update to 2.3 I just have to extract launcher.dat to the sd card or do I need to re-do all the steps with the blue card ?
Thanks !

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've finally created an emuNAND, I've updated it and done everything I need to do to access eShop/Miiverse etc. My question is to download patches does the rom need to be a .3dz (even if ive no intention of going online) or can it be .3ds?

I'm contemplating downloading Pokemon Y and I'm just wondering whether I might aswell just make it .3dz and save myself the hassle of losing my save data if for any reason I have to get more patches go online etc, one last thing can someone explain in lamens terms how to inject headers into the roms, I've read the official thread and I still dont quite understand it unfortunately, can I just inject any header or somebody elses or does it need to be my own etc. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!