• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Not under normal circumstances. It is "possible" with a hardware mod but that's it's not really practical for most people.
2. Well, your purchased games would be gone should you reformat your sd card and delete emunand. With no option to redownload them. But you can backup your emunand using emunand tool so it's all good.

Had a couple questions while I wait for my gateway to get here.

Whats the recommended SD card and micro SD card sizes? I was thinking about getting a 64gb micro SD card to hold as many games as I can get on it but as far as the SD card, what is it actually used for? Does it store saves and dumps I suppose? Also, would you only recommend class 10 cards or does it matter?
SD card is used to store gateway game saves, eshop purchased games, music/pictures (if you want), and emunand partition. 8gb is plenty considering only 1gb is needed for emunand. You also need ~1gb of free space if you want to backup your nand, but you can move that to the computer afterward and not take up space on the sd card.

I personally think class 10 is overkill. Class 4 is fine in most circumstances.

Hey guys, so I have a line on a 3DS XL along with gateway for $240. Is this a decent deal? I'm thinking of just picking this one up and then reselling my old XL, which is already above 4.5 firmware. My only concern is Smealum's SSSpwn coming out soon. Should I wait for SSSpwn to come out first and see what kind of exploits are possible, or just go with the 3DS XL + gateway for $240?
That's an okayish price. I got my 3ds with gateway for $180
I can't read the future though. So I can't tell you what SSSpwn is capable of. It probably WON'T be capable of piracy though, so...

Hello. This might sound like a stupid question, and I've been through a lot of threads and pages before asking this. I have a 3DS XL version 4.4, and I'm interested in buying a flashcard (which would you recommend?), now let's say I get a Gateway, and they release a new version making it compatible with firmwares over 4.5, would it be as a simple update that I download, or as a complete new flashcard that I'd need to buy? Thanks!
I would recommend Gateway for now. But as I said above, future sight is not one of my talents. So who knows if there'll even BE a 4.5+ compatible Gateway.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys, I just got a hold of a 4.5 3DS.
Can anyone tell me which site is considered the most reliable to order Gateways from?
Eachmall.me sells them for $60 rather than the usual $69.99, however according to some people the tracking is really bad and some people waited over 2-3 weeks for their order which might not be worth the $10 I save.
I live in Canada btw so getting import taxed is also an issue.

LittleHugh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys, i have some questions. Please dont delete my message, even if the answer exist in FAQ book, because english is not my native language, and i dont understand some that is written here. So, guys, if i will buy N3DS XL 4.1-4.5 + Gateway with the newest software (downloaded from official site) 1. will it be possible to play downloaded games online on hacked N3DS? 2. i downloaded a lot of ROMs on torrent tracker, but it is not .3ds/.3dz files! It`s just folders with some files! (screenshot) What the trick? 3. is it possible to switch normal emunand (play roms) and classic emunand (play license games). If it possible to play online Pokemon X&Y, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 on hacked 3DS it will be great! (Why im writting here? Cause in Russia Nintendo (especeally 3ds/3ds xl) is not very popular, and it`s hard to find information here)
PUTIN! VODKA! BALALAYKA!
USHANKA! BREZHNEV! BEARS!
GLORY TO RUSS`TOTZKA!
Snimo124241142-spaces.ru.jpg

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Too much text, eyes blurry.
Breaking up your questions:

EDIT: I'm assuming you're using Gateway 3DS. /edit

1. will it be possible to play downloaded games online on hacked N3DS?
Yes, but name the rom .3DZ instead of .3DS

2. i downloaded a lot of ROMs on torrent tracker, but it is not .3ds/.3dz files! It`s just folders with some files! (screenshot) What the trick?
Use a program called Winrar to open the .RAR file.
It will extract all the compressed files into one folder.

3. is it possible to switch normal emunand (play roms) and classic emunand (play license games).
If you meant if you have the choice to play roms or retail cart, the option is there.

Do note that some games that was previously played on FW >4.5 might not load.
Example is Pokemon.

EDIT:
You can also back up your ROM and SAVE from a retail cart, and continue play on Emunand /edit

If it possible to play online Pokemon X&Y, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 on hacked 3DS it will be great! (Why im writting here? Cause in Russia Nintendo (especeally 3ds/3ds xl) is not very popular, and it`s hard to find information here
For those games, in order to play online, you'll also need to have access to e-shop,
which you cannot, as FW 8 blocks Emunand as of now.

EDIT:
You need access to e-shop to get the patches, or else you can't play online.

There IS a workaround for MK7: You download the rom that comes with the 1.1 patch.

Any other tempers, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: LittleHugh

LittleHugh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
For those games, in order to play online, you'll also need to have access to e-shop,
which you cannot, as FW 8 blocks Emunand as of now.
Does it mean just wait for a new Gateway software?:sleep:
Yes, but name the rom .3DZ instead of .3DS
Just rename? That`s it?
Use a program called Winrar to open the .RAR file.
It will extract all the compressed files into one folder.
Winrar sucks :P, thank you very much)
But what is that files? (nfo - info, i know)
124e-spaces.ru.jpg

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah, right now waiting for new GW FW

Just rename? That`s it?
Actually if I remember correctly, you also need to add a header of sorts.

If it's ROMs dumped from retail carts you own, you won't need the header.

This link will teach you how to use scene dumps (basically roms) with GW: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/

But what is that files?
124e-spaces.ru.jpg

Not sure about the .sfv, but the .r00 to .r05, in above case,
is actually the compressed files split into other smaller files.

Basically it splits the file into smaller chunks, then compresses the smaller chunks.
Sometimes all of those smaller compressed chunks are also packages into another compressed chunk.

Something like that, I think XD

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Silly question here:
Through Gateway's (or smea if it has it) Region Spoofing, if I play a Japanese game on my EU console utilizing one of those methods to allow me to, and the game I have in mind has an update on the eShop, will I be able to download that update, or is it strictly JP eShop only?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Just rename? That`s it?

But what is that files? (nfo - info, i know)
124e-spaces.ru.jpg
you downloaded 199 roms, that 601-800

Silly question here:
Through Gateway's (or smea if it has it) Region Spoofing, if I play a Japanese game on my EU console utilizing one of those methods to allow me to, and the game I have in mind has an update on the eShop, will I be able to download that update, or is it strictly JP eShop only?
no the eshop is also region specific, you cant get content from other regions even though you can play the game

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly question here:

At the moment, no. No access to Eshop for haxors.

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm okay
What if the game had a download option in the game that doesnt connect to eshop, but downloads DLC, would that work?
(game in question is Inazuma Eleven GO 2: Chrono Stone)

The in game update, using no Eshop has the best chance of working. But, I doubt any games update that way. You can't access Japanese Eshop on EUR system.

Edit. Never say never

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bricked my previous 3DS and now I've received another from the retailer, I want to transfer the games from the old to the new one (can't use system transfer obviously). Does anyone have experience with the customer support on this?I have my old Serial No. and the NNID that was tied to this system.

Also will I need to be able to access the eShop? I can update to 8.1 on sysNAND to do so since I have the hardware mod to downgrade but I believe sysNAND eShop and emuNAND aren't tied right?

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Guys! I need help asap again :P This time is more crucial though. So, I found 3 Pink 3DS XL, with these serials: SEH11455xxxx, SEH11405xxxx, SEH11396xxxx. All with copyright 2013. So what are my chances? (Europe btw) I have seen in the files that a pink with SEH1146xxxx was alright. Does that mean these, which have lower serials, will be allright? I would appreciate a fast response. Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1