• Views 4,448,417
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi guys, so like Gateway 2.2 can load homebrew i think that we can convert some of the released ram dumpers to .3ds to load in emunand and dump ram in 7.x versions.

If somebody wants to do it be free and share with the comunity :D

PD: Will Work ?

Considering HBs will be ran in usermode...

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
is it possible to break out of this usermode? what would be necessary for this?
would it be breaking what gw have implemented, or what nintendo have implemented?

If there is a way then smea will have to reconsider ssspwn :P
And it'd break Nintendo's.

Reactions: cearp

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the answer to my question is no but I'd like the answer confirmed for my own peace of mind. When using a gateway are there any differences between euro and american versions of the same game? I have some euro roms and wasn't sure if I should bother attempting to find american versions of these games.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sure the answer to my question is no but I'd like the answer confirmed for my own peace of mind. When using a gateway are there any differences between euro and american versions of the same game? I have some euro roms and wasn't sure if I should bother attempting to find american versions of these games.

Updating the game is AFAIK possible only via the region specific eShop. If you own a NTSC-U console, stick to NTSC-U releases if possible especially for multiplayer games. Otherwise there aren't that many differences apart from the possible extra languages in the PAL versions.

Reactions: Prior22

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating the game is AFAIK possible only via the region specific eShop. If you own a NTSC-U console, stick to NTSC-U releases if possible especially for multiplayer games. Otherwise there aren't that many differences apart from the possible extra languages in the PAL versions.

Alright so the key differences are game update/patch availability and extra languages. Framerate, or key gameplay issues like that, wouldn't be effected I'm assuming.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Alright so the key differences are game update/patch availability and extra languages. Framerate, or key gameplay issues like that, wouldn't be effected I'm assuming.

Pretty much yeah. If a game was censored during localisation, it's probably just as bad in the NTSC-U region as in the PAL region. The games themselves aren't in general that different, though updates may be pre-installed in certain releases (happened before on multiple platforms, but can't point out certain cases for the 3DS here).

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should be on gateway's website. there is only one gateway card, it works for everything.
you can search for the firmware versions that the 3ds consoles come on, there is honestly no point in reconfirming them. every bundle/limited edition will (99.99%) have the same firmware.

thank you =)

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Where can I download GW SplitROM GUI? Now I can't format my microSD to exFAT, thats why I only use FAT32. How to upload MGS3(4GB), for example?

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Sorry for the noob question, I play Pokemon through classic mode ( 2.1 omega ) and yesterday Nintendo released a new update ( 7.2.0 ) so my question is do I have to update my emuNAND in order to play online or not ?

paul123asdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Nintendo released 7.2.0 firmware. And I just got gateway, how can I update emunand now to play retail pokemon x? And is it true that if I play pokemon x on later official firmware I will get corrupted savefile on hacked classic mode 3ds? I could not understand why.

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Nintendo released 7.2.0 firmware. And I just got gateway, how can I update emunand now to play retail pokemon x? And is it true that if I play pokemon x on later official firmware I will get corrupted savefile on hacked classic mode 3ds? I could not understand why.

well unfortunately now you can't update your Pokemon X because e-shop is not working on 7.2.0 you'll have to play offline until GW team solve this problem and yes your save file on the official 3DS firmware won't be recognized on emunand because it's based on 6.0 encryption so non-emunand saves don't work on GW.

Reactions: paul123asdf

FaisalS97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I play a ROM (say Pokemom Y) on my 3DS Xl (which is 4.5.0 EmuNAND), will it save normally (like a retail game) with Gateway? And where are the saves stored, on the MicroSD card or the SD card?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If I play a ROM (say Pokemom Y) on my 3DS Xl (which is 4.5.0 EmuNAND), will it save normally (like a retail game) with Gateway? And where are the saves stored, on the MicroSD card or the SD card?
pokemon and animal crossing save inside the rom file(and one or 2 others), all other games save to the SD card with the games title ID with the extension .sav

FaisalS97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pokemon and animal crossing save inside the rom file(and one or 2 others), all other games save to the SD card with the games title ID with the extension .sav

Oh, okay.
Does Gateway just save the games normally now? Because in the tutorial they have on their video by iTouchStuff, he is showing an older version of Gateway (before MultiROM) that required you to exit out of the game whenever you wanted to save.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well pokemon saves perfectly normal, and other games are meant to work the same way now, but people who had their 3ds freeze said they still lost their save progress since their last save, so i would still suggest you just press home and exit.............i don't actually know what else people do, just exiting the game is a pretty normal thing to do, its not like you have to press a weird 20 button combo to save, just exit the game like i would imagine most people do, instead of just popping the cart out mid game, or force resetting the console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did he grope you as well