• Start date
  • Views 4,450,642
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

SerMichael

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you installed the exploit using the ds card?
Also if you ran any ds games between installing the exploit and running my-mode the exploit will of been removed you have to reinstall it any time you run a ds games

Yes, I did. The 3DS Setup, right?
No, I did not run any DS games.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 7.X 3DS. If I buy a 4.X 3DS how could I use the System Transfer feature? I don't need two 3DSs and would appreciate it if I could keep all of my old data, so I could sell off the extra 3DS.
I'm assuming both would need to be on the latest firmware for System Transfer to work. If my assumption is correct, could I use EmuNAND to system transfer all of my legit 7.X data into the EmuNAND 7.X?

Looking at the flashcart scene, it appears that now is a bad time to buy any cart right now with all the bugs on the Gateway and whatnot, so I probably won't buy a cart just yet anyway.

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey everyone,

i had 2.02b gateway firmware but due to the fear of bricking I switched back to 2.01b

I had installed the emunand 7.0 on it and now that I downgraded to 2.01b that I find out that the emunand is not working.

I think I can do without the emunand because I play roms mostly and I dont use eshop at all.

Now that the yoshis island is out I would like to play that too,but read it on another thread that if you have installed emunand before you are out of luck,

Can I delete my emunand or what should I do to make a fresh start without emunand and be able to run yoshis island?

any help would be appreciated
thanks

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming it's on the correct firmware, can I use the Gateway card on a Japanese 3DS? Or is the card regionlocked to american systems?

RocketRon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey everyone,

i had 2.02b gateway firmware but due to the fear of bricking I switched back to 2.01b

I had installed the emunand 7.0 on it and now that I downgraded to 2.01b that I find out that the emunand is not working.

I think I can do without the emunand because I play roms mostly and I dont use eshop at all.

Now that the yoshis island is out I would like to play that too,but read it on another thread that if you have installed emunand before you are out of luck,

Can I delete my emunand or what should I do to make a fresh start without emunand and be able to run yoshis island?

any help would be appreciated
thanks

Just go back to your default settings of you initial setup for the emunand. So you're running emunand 4.5 again (by example) and it will run Yoshi's new island. Don't forget to backup your current CFW 7.0.x because maybe you'll need it in the future!

morbidme

Trophies
XP
Country
That means any emu that worked in DS also should in 3DS? If that's right, you've just made my day, I can't wait to play even Spectrum roms! Thank you!!!

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, been lurking on the GW threads for a while, trying to get as much info as possible. Got my 4.5 XL & Gateways today, (Excited!) but before I get started I just had a few questions for you guys.

My XL came with the eShop installed, If I use it, will it update the firmware? I've turned off my internet connection to avoid accidentally upgrading the FW.
I've still got my old XL (FW 7.1) Can I use the system transfer to get my old games (eShop ones) SMB.3 Zelda Oracle of Seasons & Ages on to my 4.5 XL one or will that somehow update the firmware or requre newer firmware to get them? Because I'm really not that fussed about having them.
One last thing, I'm not to bothered about having all the features of the 3DS XL on 7.1 (because I have my other on proper firmware) so I doubt I'll be updating the EMUnand, Can I play all current roms on 4.5 without updating the emunand on 2.01b ( I hear 2.02b Is bad!) Or do some games require them? Im aware of the Pokemon & Animal Crossing NANDbased save issues.
If there is any games I can't play without updating the emunand or if there's any games that require 1.2 or 2.02b instead of 2.01b Is there a list anyone could point me to? I read about some weird Yoshi's Island AP with Japanese Language being displayed on 2.01b I'd hate to have to potentially risk bricking my new XL just to play Yoshi's Island!?

Thanks In advance for any help!

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, been lurking on the GW threads for a while, trying to get as much info as possible. Got my 4.5 XL & Gateways today, (Excited!) but before I get started I just had a few questions for you guys.

My XL came with the eShop installed, If I use it, will it update the firmware? I've turned off my internet connection to avoid accidentally upgrading the FW.
I've still got my old XL (FW 7.1) Can I use the system transfer to get my old games (eShop ones) SMB.3 Zelda Oracle of Seasons & Ages on to my 4.5 XL one or will that somehow update the firmware or requre newer firmware to get them? Because I'm really not that fussed about having them.
One last thing, I'm not to bothered about having all the features of the 3DS XL on 7.1 (because I have my other on proper firmware) so I doubt I'll be updating the EMUnand, Can I play all current roms on 4.5 without updating the emunand on 2.01b ( I hear 2.02b Is bad!) Or do some games require them? Im aware of the Pokemon & Animal Crossing NANDbased save issues.
If there is any games I can't play without updating the emunand or if there's any games that require 1.2 or 2.02b instead of 2.01b Is there a list anyone could point me to? I read about some weird Yoshi's Island AP with Japanese Language being displayed on 2.01b I'd hate to have to potentially risk bricking my new XL just to play Yoshi's Island!?

Thanks In advance for any help!
Just don't enter eshop with 4.5, not even with 4.5 emunand because it will certainly ask for update and if you accept it will update the real system.
Some people recommend keep a 3DS for flashcart in general and other one for your retail games but i think you can do a system transfer on emunand without problems, just understand that some eshop games like pokebank doesn't work. Also, you don't need nothing if you just want to play compatible games, all titles (except pkmn, AC: NL and another japanese one) work fine on 2.0b1 without emunand because the same causes the language error (japanese, like you said), nothing harmful except the language itself.
For bricking issues just keep away from 2.0b2, however you need him to updated emunand/eshop (everyone hopes that one use or two don't harm your portable).
Any more questions feel free to ask :lol:

Edit: Just forgot about 2.0b1 save issue, sometimes when getting out of game (you have to press home and then close to properly save the game on the sd card) you can get a system freeze and save game corruption so to be sure aways make backups when possible or use firmware 1.2 (some recent games like LOZ:ALBW, Yoshi's new island and others at same time release won't work at all)

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just don't enter eshop with 4.5, not even with 4.5 emunand because it will certainly ask for update and if you accept it will update the real system.
Some people recommend keep a 3DS for flashcart in general and other one for your retail games but i think you can do a system transfer on emunand without problems, just understand that some eshop games like pokebank doesn't work. Also, you don't need nothing if you just want to play compatible games, all titles (except pkmn, AC: NL and another japanese one) work fine on 2.0b1 without emunand because the same causes the language error (japanese, like you said), nothing harmful except the language itself.
For bricking issues just keep away from 2.0b2, however you need him to updated emunand/eshop (everyone hopes that one use or two don't harm your portable).
Any more questions feel free to ask :lol:

Edit: Just forgot about 2.0b1 save issue, sometimes when getting out of game (you have to press home and then close to properly save the game on the sd card) you can get a system freeze and save game corruption so to be sure aways make backups when possible or use firmware 1.2 (some recent games like LOZ:ALBW, Yoshi's new island and others at same time release won't work at all)

thanks for the help! :) Im following the 30min instruction video for installing gateway now, unfortunately It's saying cannot display software on the SD card, I guess I have to format the SD card to work with the 3DS, is that done by simply making sure It's FAT32? Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...