• Views 4,469,663
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

EternalYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's 2014. How has the scene been doing?

Would it be possible this year to get VBAGX working on the 3DS? I'm tired of waiting for Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, and GBA games in general to get to the eShop, assuming it happens at all.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just found a 3DS XL with Serial SW1032 and Copyright 2012, the seller said he was never even opened from the box. This means a good chance of having firmware 4.5 or less or not? If yes i will try to buy soon as i can :lol:

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I just found a 3DS XL with Serial SW1032 and Copyright 2012, the seller said he was never even opened from the box. This means a good chance of having firmware 4.5 or less or not? If yes i will try to buy soon as i can :lol:

Seems that way, but it would be really helpful if you could get him to open it up before buying it. If you don't want to take any risks, buy a very lightly used one on Ebay and ask the seller to check the firmware for you, BEFORE purchasing.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems that way, but it would be really helpful if you could get him to open it up before buying it. If you don't want to take any risks, buy a very lightly used one on Ebay and ask the seller to check the firmware for you, BEFORE purchasing.
Yes, i will ask to check before buying it but i just wanted to have an idea about that to know where to go.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think there's a guide on it somewhere, but recently we've learned that Serial Numbers can be untrustworthy for figuring out what firmware it comes with the unit itself...
I understand that. By any means i will check in person if it is really 4.5 firmware before buying it. Now i just want to know about that bricking issue that is happening on latest beta of gateway: It will be really 100% fixed on final version of firmware or the bricking party will continue? Even buying a genuine flashcart this really brother me because buying a 3DS in my country it's really not cheap.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
It will be really 100% fixed on final version of firmware or the bricking party will continue?

We have no idea, and Gateway themselves have been reluctant on letting their users know the truth. Your best bet is to either buy a Gateway (Or a clone like R4, depending on your budget) and not use the newest firmware released for those products until they are tested by the community here on GBATemp. You could also buy a MT Card, which has multi-ROM support, and does everything the Gateway and the clones currently do (on their safest firmware).

Since Gateway has made the current 3DS flashcard business pretty stagnant lately, you're only "safe" option is to not use flashcards right now. :P

Tranman409

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I just purchased a gateway and plan to buy a 4.4 3ds XL on craigslsit this week. I just want to avoid any risk of this brisk....do I simply not use the latest launcher.dat and I'll be safe? also what would be a safe launcher.dat to use to play Bravely Default. very excited for first time 3ds owner

http://i.imgur.com/7vHs2mG.jpg

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I just purchased a gateway and plan to buy a 4.4 3ds XL on craigslsit this week. I just want to avoid any risk of this brisk....do I simply not use the latest launcher.dat and I'll be safe? also what would be a safe launcher.dat to use to play Bravely Default. very excited for first time 3ds owner

http://i.imgur.com/7vHs2mG.jpg

You may not need to get it through CL though. I just went to my local Best Buy and picked up a red 3DS XL (after checking the serial number on the box) and got one on 4.4

Tranman409

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You may not need to get it through CL though. I just went to my local Best Buy and picked up a red 3DS XL (after checking the serial number on the box) and got one on 4.4

Ah ok its been awhile since I been to a best buy. Im sure they keep the handhelds behind a cage or something to prevent theft? Also both of us are strong lurkers :D

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah ok its been awhile since I been to a best buy. Im sure they keep the handhelds behind a cage or something to prevent theft? Also both of us are strong lurkers :D

They should be behind something like at least a glass cage. I'm sure if you told them you were looking for a specific one they wouldn't have a problem with it or if you were really uncomfortable with that just act clueless and say it's for a friend or family member who was really specific with what they wanted.

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol, I completely forgot I even had an account registered on here for a few years....

They should be behind something like at least a glass cage. I'm sure if you told them you were looking for a specific one they wouldn't have a problem with it or if you were really uncomfortable with that just act clueless and say it's for a friend or family member who was really specific with what they wanted.

Yea the 3DS's were in a glass shelf thing. They had like 3 purple normal 3DS systems but the serial numbers were higher than whatever the max is listed in the 3DS hacking FAQ.

They had Blue XL's as well but those serial numbers were harder to see. I had a clear view of the serials for a bunch of their red XL's though. I just called an employee over and asked to take a look at them. They probably wouldn't care if I asked to check the serials on the rest of the systems but I didn't really care enough to keep looking after I found mine :).

For anyone in SF looking for a <4.5 system, the BB on Geary should have a at least 3 more left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny