• Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

guycof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
That means you're in Gateway mode, just insert the red card and start playing games.

That's... Odd. Sounds like a cartridge issue more than an Emunand issue. Try the ol' blowing on the cartridge trick and give it another try. It should work.
But there was not a gateway logo

awm8604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's... Odd. Sounds like a cartridge issue more than an Emunand issue. Try the ol' blowing on the cartridge trick and give it another try. It should work.

I didn't consider it could be a bad cartridge, but I tried it on another system, with up to date firmware, and the same thing happened. Just have to exchange it and hopefully that's it.

Thanks

Reactions: Huntereb

guycof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
There isn't one in 1.2, just start playing your games after it crashes and takes you back to the main menu.

But I also checked in the settings what's my version and it says 4.5.0, not GW4.5.0. Maybe that's just a feature of the new version.
Thank you so much for all the help sorry for being so clueless :)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
...also, it doesn't read my gateway card.. i wrote a file into the micro sd card.

It doesn't say "GW" in front of your version in 1.2. If it's not being read, make sure you imaged the ROM correctly using Win32 Disk Imager, don't just copy-paste it. Also, don't touch anything else after going into Gateway mode, just insert the red card and launch the game. If you launch the System Settings app, and return to the main menu, it kicks you out of Gateway mode and back into normal mode.

guycof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
It doesn't say "GW" in front of your version in 1.2. If it's not being read, make sure you imaged the ROM correctly using Win32 Disk Imager, don't just copy-paste it. Also, don't touch anything else after going into Gateway mode, just insert the red card and launch the game. If you launch the System Settings app, and return to the main menu, it kicks you out of Gateway mode and back into normal mode.

It works!! I just played some Kid Icarus- great game. Thanks for all the help.. :)
One last question- Can i play any game that doesn't require 4.5.0 and higher than that on normal mode?

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my XL 4.4 with Gateway, I just upgraded emunand to the latest 7.x firmware. When in the updated emunand, if I go to Settings or eShop, it just gets stuck on the loading screen (the screen with the red waves). What should I do? I'm using 2.0b1 launcher.

jcipher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On my XL 4.4 with Gateway, I just upgraded emunand to the latest 7.x firmware. When in the updated emunand, if I go to Settings or eShop, it just gets stuck on the loading screen (the screen with the red waves). What should I do? I'm using 2.0b1 launcher.

2.0b1 wasn't designed to work with 7.X. Either use it as is or upgrade to 2.0b2 to access eShop/Settings and downgrade after.

bigusheadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a check before doing it, the only thing you need to do to downgrade from 2.0b2 to 2.0b1 is replace the launcher.dat file and run the gateway mode as usual?

Just want to make sure.

bigusheadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tired to load my bravely default save in 1.2 and 2.0b1 the original save which was saved in 2.0b2 firmware. In both 1.2 and 2.0b1 and it has vanished, instead it only offers me the option to start a new game, I have the saves backed up so is there a way to make either firmware recognise it?

Mega ta

Edit: After looking around it seems like bravely default is the only one with issues going back and forth with gateway's updates.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A friend of mine is bringing his 3DS and I have some silly questions:
1 - Does my 3DS XL (Ver. 4.5.0-10U) receive a update by simply communicating with his 3DS (that has a higher version)?
2 - Can I play multiplayer with him, even with his 3DS being in a different version?
I ask this because I want to keep my 4.5 version.
Thanks in advance!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
A friend of mine is bringing his 3DS and I have some silly questions:
1 - Does my 3DS XL (Ver. 4.5.0-10U) receive a update by simply communicating with his 3DS (that has a higher version)?
2 - Can I play multiplayer with him, even with his 3DS being in a different version?
I ask this because I want to keep my 4.5 version.
Thanks in advance!

1. No
2. Yes (local. Careful if online)

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS XL came with stock firmware higher than 4.5.0, so I understand that I will not be able to take part in any of the exploits for the 3DS that are currently available. My question is: Is anyone actively working on finding exploits for the newer firmwares, or just focusing on cracking the 3DS wide open with what we've got right now?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS XL came with stock firmware higher than 4.5.0, so I understand that I will not be able to take part in any of the exploits for the 3DS that are currently available. My question is: Is anyone actively working on finding exploits for the newer firmwares, or just focusing on cracking the 3DS wide open with what we've got right now?
The people that are working on 3ds development are working on breaking it "wide open", as right now most people have no idea what they are doing. The 3ds scene is like a 4 week old baby.

Smealum stated attempting to find new exploits would be interesting. You could do a hardware NAND dump and then update. If there is ever a new exploit you could jump back. :P

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i just bought Pokemon Y my 3ds is in 4.4, i'm using emunand 7.1 with the gatway launcher 2.0b2
i've been using this laucher since it came out and i didn't have any issue, should i continue using it?, or should i change back to 2.0b1?
i read that 2.0b1 also have the bricking code, so what can i do to play my game?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
i've been using this laucher since it came out and i didn't have any issue, should i continue using it?, or should i change back to 2.0b1?

Switch to 2.0B1 or 1.2. Using 2.0B2 gives you the risk of destroying your console, and the only way to fix it is through soldering.

2.0B1 does not have the bricking code, it is just very buggy... I recommend 1.2 if you don't plan on playing any newer games, or 2.0B1 if you want to play the newer games.

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
2.0B1 does not have the bricking code, it is just very buggy... I recommend 1.2 if you don't plan on playing any newer games, or 2.0B1 if you want to play the newer games.

if i go back to 2.0b1, can i still use my emunand in 7.1? or i will need to format a new one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh