• Views 4,585,792
  • Replies 53,821
  • Likes 44

wrsg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to take the saves I exported using Checkpoint 3DS and import them using JKSM, how do I figure out the naming structure? There doesn't seem to be a logical way to figure out the title just from the game, like it could be anything e.g. Paper Mario Sticker Star could be "PAPER MARIO: Sticker Star" or "PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR"
like how do we know?

TG01

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a battery indicator mod for luma cfw? I know you can use the luma menu to see an accurate percentage but i use my 3ds mostly for vc injected games and i dont want to have to exit the game and wait on the crazy load times just to see my battery percentage. Please say some genius has made this already??

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a battery indicator mod for luma cfw? I know you can use the luma menu to see an accurate percentage but i use my 3ds mostly for vc injected games and i dont want to have to exit the game and wait on the crazy load times just to see my battery percentage. Please say some genius has made this already??
As long as you stay in 3DS mode you can access Rosalina. When rebooting into TWLFIRM or AGBFIRM there is no 3DS software running. I've no idea if there is a possible access to the accurate battery data in the secondary modes.

Not_Available

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey, everyone. What is the best way to backup and maintain game saves? I know checkpoint can do that but I've also heard that there are other software out there for this. In your opinion, what is the best and easiest way to do this?

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I have removed Pretendo off my account (only the app that switches Pretendo and the NNID) after seeing that I now get an 022-5432 Account Error when opening the eShop. I want to regain access to my normal NNID so I can re-download the games that I've had on the eShop. What should j do to fix this?

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to take the saves I exported using Checkpoint 3DS and import them using JKSM, how do I figure out the naming structure? There doesn't seem to be a logical way to figure out the title just from the game, like it could be anything e.g. Paper Mario Sticker Star could be "PAPER MARIO: Sticker Star" or "PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR"
like how do we know?
Make a backup in JKSM, it will create the folders you need. Then put your Checkpoint backup into the game's folder for JKSM replacing the fresh backup files

vawpire

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I got an sdhc dual core R4 2016 edition with the idontknowtheversion gbatemp wood edition and I can't manage to make cheats function with pokemon black or any other game. The thing is that I downloaded the usrcheat.dat file & I put it in the right place but it still wouldn't launch and idk what to do more. Any help pls?
Post automatically merged:

Hello, I got an sdhc dual core R4 2016 edition with the idontknowtheversion gbatemp wood edition and I can't manage to make cheats function with pokemon black or any other game. The thing is that I downloaded the usrcheat.dat file & I put it in the right place but it still wouldn't launch and idk what to do more. Any help pls?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it safe to sign into my Nintendo account on this thing or no? I have a bunch of legit pokemon in bank that I'd like to get into home.

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a modded 3ds.
im for sure you'll be fine as thats how i completed the nat dex for BDSP by just transferring my USUM living dex over.
As for when? it was around mid 2022 which i'm 100% sure they weren't giving online bans around then, the last thing nintendo did that would really hinder a modded 3DS user was the update that bricked consoles on an older version of luma, so as long as you're able to connect to home then you're all set

Shineheart26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any up to date guides on how to install mods onto games? I've been wanting to install mods onto games like animal crossing and tomodachi life but any guides I can find are either pretty old or for citra (I tried mod moon but couldn't figure out how to get it to work)

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any up to date guides on how to install mods onto games? I've been wanting to install mods onto games like animal crossing and tomodachi life but any guides I can find are either pretty old or for citra (I tried mod moon but couldn't figure out how to get it to work)
ive also had this question for the longest time, afaik some people just know how to do this stuff as there's no specific community for modding 3ds games unless you wanna count the CTGP7 discord which you can just sum that up to it being MK7.

but yeah alot of guides are particularly ancient, trust me i've searched for months on end unless someone takes the initiative to updates guides for the games you're looking to mod for and or others, you're sorta kinda forced to bang a wrench on a toaster til it turns on (wing it)

(also as for your point about pokemon moon, from experience the tools are sorta bipolar, specifically garc tool & Ohana 3DS sometimes they work and other times they don't and i don't think it's compatible CTR Studio like ORAS and XY)

Last edited by Materia_tofu,
Reactions: Shineheart26

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the 3DS game for a long time, so I have a few questions on a lot of things I forgot:

1: So, is there any point to worrying about your 3DS being banned anymore? Is there anything to ban? Can it still effect your account on your other systems like the Switch if your 3DS gets banned?

2: Also, I heard that the latest versions of FBI can install 3DS files directly without having to convert them to CIA anymore? If there is still a problem with being banned, is there any risk to installing public 3DS files anymore? All my previous games were installed from CIA using cart dumps.

3: And finally, is there any way to extract the games I have installed on my 3DS into unencrypted .3ds files to load on emulators? I know that godmode9 (Or rather, Decrypt9WIP which I used in the past since it was much simpler to use it to perform a NAND backup or cart dump) can dump an un-encrypted .3ds file, but I don't want to have to dig out all of my carts and dump them again, can I just extract my installed games into a .3ds file?

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the mod, what files do you get in the mod download?

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the tomodachi life mod (which is what I'm currently stuck trying to get to work), all the files are .bin
try unpacking them via garc tool then open them up in CTR Studio that should cover the model viewing aspect of it
though i'm unsure on what exactly what you're trying to do it'd be helpful if you specified that for us.
^^ ignore this ^^

okay so i forgot texture files are a .file format my bad so feel free to correct me but you have the code.bin, banner.bin, icon.bin right? if so place those in luma/titles/title ID for the region of the respesctive game/

US: 000400000008C300
EUR: 000400000008C400
KOR: 0004000000120C00

Last edited by Materia_tofu,
Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/AJbS5PYQudQ