• Views 4,462,843
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly makes you think you have Menuhax? You generally wouldn't have Luma if you had Menuhax, and vice-versa.

Start with https://3ds.guide/checking-for-cfw . Do not update the firmware on your unit before you are certain what you have!
- What makes me think I have MenuHax? Probably because I have MenuHax that boots into Luma. I have not updated in years! I'm still on 11.1.0-34U. Hence why I asked about updating my CFW.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Man, I wish Citra supported plugins; the ones developed for the Pokemon games (particularly Ultra Sun/Moon) were amazing, and their functionality hasn't been duplicated via cheats.
I also wish plugins worked on recent firmwares, come to think...

Claymore1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If the JP N3DS was region changed (JP to US), then no you can't. Alternatively, you can install your old JP 3DS and with it you can both the game and the save, so you can restore/install them on your cfw N3DS.
---
So if install CFW to my old 3DS JP can i just transfer my save file to Region Changed 3DS without eshop??

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if install CFW to my old 3DS JP can i just transfer my save file to Region Changed 3DS without eshop??
Yes, if both systems have cfw, meaning the one you dump the save from, and the one you'll restore the save to. Yes, you don't need the eShop in this process. The software that you'll be using is Checkpoint or jksm.

aTqD9V

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to view a thread on the r/3dshacks subreddit titled "A Technical Overview of the 3DS Operating System."

This is one of the most, if not the most, upvoted posts on the sub. Unfortunately, the community went private to protest Reddit's decision to kill 3rd party apps. When I try to access the specific post, I'm greeted with a message saying the mods won't consider any requests to join. (The message also implies that the community will remain private unless Reddit rolls back its API access fee decision.)

If anyone here is a member of r/3dshacks, I would greatly appreciate them for copying the post and pasting it here. I don't need the entire thread, but highly upvoted comments which correct elements of OP's main post would also be helpful (assuming there are such comments).

If there are other resources for in-depth details about the 3DS operating system, I would be grateful to anyone who referred me to them.

Thank you very much!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: aTqD9V

Halfpenny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it hard to believe this hasn't been answered, but i searched and searched and couldn't find anything, so apologies if i just missed it:

Soon after successfully installing cfw etc, I upgraded my SD card by copy/pasting into a newly formatted card. The 3ds read it perfectly. I recently upgraded again via the same method. While I was doing it windows prompted me to either skip or "try again" with a file that had been "externally modified" i believe the term was. I just clicked try again, but if was strange. Now my SD card has my theme, Ds games (installed with NDS forwarder), but none of my digital 3ds games except the ones I purchased via eShop before cfw. This would not be a problem, except the space of those games seems to still be occupying my SD card. Has anyone run into this?

Edit: i looked in FBI to see if i could find the files but nada. If i knew where 3ds games get installed on the SD card I'd be willing to delete them manually and start over

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soon after successfully installing cfw etc, I upgraded my SD card by copy/pasting into a newly formatted card. The 3ds read it perfectly. I recently upgraded again via the same method. While I was doing it windows prompted me to either skip or "try again" with a file that had been "externally modified" i believe the term was. I just clicked try again, but if was strange. Now my SD card has my theme, Ds games (installed with NDS forwarder), but none of my digital 3ds games except the ones I purchased via eShop before cfw. This would not be a problem, except the space of those games seems to still be occupying my SD card. Has anyone run into this?
This is why I always suggest copying files using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier instead of Windows.

If you still have your old SD card, then i suggest formatting your new SD card, testing the empty card with h2testw (always a good idea), and then copying all the files again, taking particular note of the ones that are problematic.

You can try running Faketik, which is used to restore tickets for apps installed via FBI (usually after a System Transfer), but even if that works, you run the risk of something else going wrong later.

Halfpenny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I'll see about using fake til. Other than that, any way I can manually delete the files?
Edit: faketik doesn't work. My only hope would be to delete it manually, if that's even possible without messing anything up. I'll remember roadkill's copier for next go round. I appreciate the info!

Last edited by Halfpenny,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! I'll see about using fake til. Other than that, any way I can manually delete the files?
I feel like you only read part of my post? That is very discouraging.

I repeat: if you still have your old SD card, then i suggest formatting your new SD card, testing the empty card with h2testw (always a good idea), and then copying all the files again, taking particular note of the ones that are problematic.

Just because it didn't work the first time doesn't mean it won't work if you try again with Unstoppable Copier. Or do you not have your old SD card anymore?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so... circumstances had me finally pick up a 128gb microSD to replace the 32gb I was using in my N3DS.

made a point to have two sd readers, put one in each, and bulk copy the data from one to the other. I made a point to wait until the copy was complete, then safely remove both drives in Windows. but now, booting from the new SD, the n3DS wants to say that it can't detect the sd card is in there. :wacko:

Halfpenny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like you only read part of my post? That is very discouraging.

I repeat: if you still have your old SD card, then i suggest formatting your new SD card, testing the empty card with h2testw (always a good idea), and then copying all the files again, taking particular note of the ones that are problematic.

Just because it didn't work the first time doesn't mean it won't work if you try again with Unstoppable Copier. Or do you not have your old SD card anymore?
I did indeed read your whole post. The only previous SD card I have is the original 4gb one. It wouldn't have helped in my predicament exactly. The other one i upgraded to i messed up in a ham-fisted early attempt to resolve this issue (basically i formatted it, used windows to try to copy everything back, it didn't work. Yes, I was dumb, it was like 2 in the morning).

So I apologize for not responding to every component of your post, but i tried everything that was relevant, then acknowledged that i could, in the future, do it in the method you mentioned. Although to be fair, i only alluded to it and didn't reference it in detail according to how you presented it.

I really appreciate your help and i can definitely see how my response, in the manner it was given, could have led you to believe that I didn't read your post carefully. In fact, i self-conciousely edited my post to include mention of some (though admittedly, not all) of the other things you mentioned.

I'm aware that this very long response might not come out how i intend so I'll just say: i intend it to come out as appreciation for your time and help, and an acknowledgement of my perhaps slightly careless response to it.
Post automatically merged:

Okay, so... circumstances had me finally pick up a 128gb microSD to replace the 32gb I was using in my N3DS.

made a point to have two sd readers, put one in each, and bulk copy the data from one to the other. I made a point to wait until the copy was complete, then safely remove both drives in Windows. but now, booting from the new SD, the n3DS wants to say that it can't detect the sd card is in there. :wacko:
You formatted the 128g to fat32 right? Windows explorer doesn't want to do that with a 128 gig, so you'd need to use another formatting tool.

If you didn't, then that's your issue. Reformatting it and copying it (apparently using Unstoppable Copier, which Kwyjor just made me aware of) should set you on your way

Last edited by Halfpenny,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1