Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,444,785
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43
D

Deleted User

If I want to delete a game installed through cia, do I have to use FBI's delete cia mode or delete title mode?
Delete title mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a problem of my own. I'm trying to build smea's HBL just to make sure it builds before I modify it, but I keep getting the following error:

Code:
boot.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /c/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/build/boot.d -g -Wall -O2 -mword-relocations -ffunction-sections -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -I/c/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/armv6k/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/3ds/include -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/include -I/c/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /c/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c -o boot.o
In file included from c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:8:0:
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/filesystem.h:6:8: error: unknown type name 'FS_Archive'
extern FS_Archive sdmcArchive;
        ^
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/filesystem.h:16:37: error: unknown type name 'FS_Archive'
int loadFile(char* path, void* dst, FS_Archive* archive, u64 maxSize);
                                     ^
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/filesystem.h:17:29: error: unknown type name 'FS_Archive'
bool fileExists(char* path, FS_Archive* archive);
                             ^
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c: In function 'bootApp':
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:101:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fsMakePath' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly(&hbFileHandle, sdmcArchive, fsMakePath(PATH_ASCII, executablePath), FS_OPEN_READ, 0);
  ^
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:101:65: error: 'PATH_ASCII' undeclared (first use in this function)
  FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly(&hbFileHandle, sdmcArchive, fsMakePath(PATH_ASCII, executablePath), FS_OPEN_READ, 0);
                                                                 ^
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:101:65: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:101:41: warning: passing argument 2 of 'FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly' makes pointer from integer without a cast
                                         ^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:25:0,
                 from c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:1:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/fs.h:140:8: note: expected 'Handle *' but argument is of type 'int'
Result FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly(Handle* handle, Handle* out, FS_archive archive, FS_path fileLowPath, u32 openflags, u32 attributes);
        ^
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:101:2: error: incompatible type for argument 4 of 'FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly'
  ^
                 from c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:1:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/fs.h:140:8: note: expected 'FS_path' but argument is of type 'int'
Result FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly(Handle* handle, Handle* out, FS_archive archive, FS_path fileLowPath, u32 openflags, u32 attributes);
        ^
c:/Users/User/Downloads/3ds_hb_menu-master/3ds_hb_menu-master/source/boot.c:101:2: error: too few arguments to function 'FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly'
  ^
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/fs.h:140:8: note: declared here
        ^
make[1]: *** [boot.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 01:42

Any ideas on what to do?

Last edited by ,

GRINSPANKER13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding exporting saves.

I've been reading up on SaveDataFiler, and read it doesn't work with newer games?
But what is savedatafiler?

Well.. savedatafiler is a Nintendo SDK tool used to extract/inject saves and while doing that, it can also decrypt them. This tool was made available in not very licit ways and so, it's not a tool that gets updated. That means that some recent save encryptions won't be decrypted by this tool.

Most of my games are installed as cia. I'd like to look into editing the saves.
My question is, what is the best save manager to use?
I'm running emuNand RX-E 10.3.0-28U with rxTools.
I prefer having the program as a cia.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to auotboot into HBL with menuhax and launch RXtools from the HBL like an app? I don't really need to directly autoboot into emunand...Is the build from the guide compatible with hax2.5?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know I'm a bit of a pain in the butt asking all these questions,sorry. I apreciate all the replys. Thanks. Edit; Is there any where I can get the back up games? Cheers.
We don't link to piracy sites here, either back your own cardtriges or look somewhere else.
Is it possible to auotboot into HBL with menuhax and launch RXtools from the HBL like an app? I don't really need to directly autoboot into emunand...Is the build from the guide compatible with hax2.5?
Yes, just setup Menuhax 2.0 as normal and use rxTools.3dsx to launch rxTools from the HBL whenever you want (the files are in your dowloaded build).

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@SweetieBelle @Voxel Studios @Quantumcat Ironhax was never available to JPN users... I know this because Ironfall Invadion has NEVER been released in JPN to begin with, I guess that's why Smea said it won't work...

I remember when Ironhax came out, I setted up Ironhax in my USA N3DS and got upset that I only got Tubehax in my JPN N3DS.

I meant ninjhax. I'd need to run the eshop version, the downloaded rom I have (JP) didn't work. I have a legit version of the EU/AU version as I have a Sysnand 4.5 3ds as well. Good to know though, thanks!

@SweetieBelle Why don't you update to 9.5 using a game rom in your Sky3ds? I think that would be the easiest solution...

Check at http://www.3dsdb.com

1)Make sure you have selected a template.

2)Make sure your backups are from retail dumped games only.

I was thinking about it... I think I might have to. I did want to know if there was any benefit of staying at that FW version. Do you know if there's any benefits, software wise?

Why don't you just update to the latest fw?
There's nothing special about 9.4 other than browserhax works
If you were on <= 9.2 I'd understand why you wouldn't want to update

I have a games that work on this version, may or may no have updates. If I update, certain things may not work the same anymore. I am just very dubious about updating >.>

Everyone, thanks for your help!!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant ninjhax. I'd need to run the eshop version, the downloaded rom I have (JP) didn't work. I have a legit version of the EU/AU version as I have a Sysnand 4.5 3ds as well. Good to know though, thanks!

I was thinking about it... I think I might have to. I did want to know if there was any benefit of staying at that FW version. Do you know if there's any benefits, software wise?

I have a games that work on this version, may or may no have updates. If I update, certain things may not work the same anymore. I am just very dubious about updating >.>

Everyone, thanks for your help!!

Don't update to the latest firmware.

Menuhax has been permanently blocked in the 10.2 update along with browserhax.

Nintendo also rolled some dirty tricks at 9.9, your web browser checks if a newer version is available and it refuses to work when it finds newer versions, some game cardtriges also include dummy browsers that will tell you to update your system and refuse to work if you don't. (This is specially bad if another web browser based exploit is found in the future).

So stay as low as possible, if you update go for the 9.5 update first, the 9.8 firmware may or may not be your highest safe goal (so still try to not get there for now).

Sky3ds can't use eShop games by the way, so if you want to run Ninjhax you have to use a rom from a RETAIL DUMPED CARDTRIDGE, I suggest you to look somewhere else for the Japanese Cubic Ninja rom, that may be the reason because I can confirm that Ninjhax 2.5 works using a Japanese N3DS and a Japanese Cubic Ninja rom in a Sky3ds.

Once you install Ninjhax you can install Menuhax from there and have the best entrypoint.

Last edited by Tony_93,

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't update to the latest firmware.

Menuhax has been permanently blocked in the 10.2 update along with browserhax.

Nintendo also rolled some dirty tricks at 9.9, your web browser checks if a newer version is available and it refuses to work when it finds newer versions, some game cardtriges also include dummy browsers that will tell you to update your system and refuse to work if you don't. (This is specially bad if another web browser based exploit is found in the future).

So stay as low as possible, if you update go for the 9.5 update first, the 9.8 firmware may or may not be your highest safe goal (so still try to not get there for now).

Sky3ds can't use eShop games by the way, so if you want to run Ninjhax you have to use a rom from a RETAIL DUMPED CARDTRIDGE, I suggest you to look somewhere else for the Japanese Cubic Ninja rom, that may be the reason because I can confirm that Ninjhax 2.5 works using a Japanese N3DS and a Japanese Cubic Ninja rom in a Sky3ds.

Once you install Ninjhax you can install Menuhax from there and have the best entrypoint.

Yeah if I update I will be going for 9.5.

I tried a retail cart dump, didn't work. Others have reported the same issue with the same firmware as well. (Rom 0370)

Because I have been asked numerous times, I am going to put it here again, so nobody asks again.. NINJHAX WILL NOT WORK ON MY CONSOLE.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah if I update I will be going for 9.5.

I tried a retail cart dump, didn't work. Others have reported the same issue with the same firmware as well. (Rom 0370)

Because I have been asked numerous times, I am going to put it here again, so nobody asks again.. NINJHAX WILL NOT WORK ON MY CONSOLE.
Have you tried a retail dumped version? You probably just have a bad rom, as Tony said.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read all of your reply. Still try a new rom as assuming you didn't dump it yourself you can't be sure there isn't something wrong with it.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: wormdood

SweetieBelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not all hacks work on Japanese consoles due to differences and availability of certain games etc. There's also a known problem with my firmware. I did google it. I asked because I had hoped that someone with a Japanese console had experience.

Thank you for the help nonetheless.. I got themehax working today after a lot of stuffing around.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS 9.4 - Original 3DS not new. Do I have software hack option or just Sky3DS? If I can do a software hack, what tutorial link do I use?

TIA,
ISO-Man

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
3DS 9.4 - Original 3DS not new. Do I have software hack option or just Sky3DS? If I can do a software hack, what tutorial link do I use?

TIA,
ISO-Man
Just Sky3DS. Wait for the Orange button one to be released. You can still use homebrew, check out the homebrew forum.

Reactions: ISO-Man

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all hacks work on Japanese consoles due to differences and availability of certain games etc. There's also a known problem with my firmware. I did google it. I asked because I had hoped that someone with a Japanese console had experience.

Thank you for the help nonetheless.. I got themehax working today after a lot of stuffing around.

So why not share how you fixed it so we can help some other users when they come with the same issue?

Reactions: wormdood

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of emulators that are available for 3DS Mode Homebrew?
I'm looking into the PowerSaves Method.
Is there acceptable emulators for 3DS Mode Homebrew on a NEW 3DS? I'd like to play some DS Games and GBA.

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit missed that xD

@Hazzer Games take mere seconds to load, Super Smash Bros and Ultimate Monster Hunter 4 take long (around 15 seconds to load) because they need more ram and are insanely demanding for what the old 3DS has.
Ok I got my 3ds updated to 4.3 with paper mario I was about to do the video but noticed he was on 9.xxxx should I ignore this? Also in the video he goes online what safeguards should I take to prevent updating?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I used apollo save tool to activate my ps3 offline so i could play a game that...