• Views 4,444,189
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

TGPhoenixx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question: I want to play the new Japanese region locked 3DS game Dragon Quest Monsters 2. I'm fine with buying the manufacturer's cartridge however my 3DS is obviously region locked. Is there currently a working way to play another regions 3DS cartridge (not Rom) without bricking my 3DS? From what I have seen it seems there was a recent issue with the last hack and there is not currently a way to do this. Thank you!

EDIT: My 3DS firmware is version 6.5

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't think so.
Noob question: I want to play the new Japanese region locked 3DS game Dragon Quest Monsters 2. I'm fine with buying the manufacturer's cartridge however my 3DS is obviously region locked. Is there currently a working way to play another regions 3DS cartridge (not Rom) without bricking my 3DS? From what I have seen it seems there was a recent issue with the last hack and there is not currently a way to do this. Thank you!

EDIT: My 3DS firmware is version 6.5

You can't use gateway or the clone flash carts above version 4.5. The exploit is blocked from any version above that. Also, I don't think there's a way to run different region cartridges. Though many are hoping nintendo drops the region locks in the next few updates. This may help nintendo to limit others from using gateway carts. And region locking is a stupid policy anyway. It's like they're asking you to pirate the game.

TunSorar

Trophies
XP
Hello, I would have an important question about 3ds emulator. Its when it would be available to play? I just want to play yu-gi-oh! zexal clash duel carnival game (I actually have its rom on my pc but not emulator).
I hope we will see that on 2014. Sorry for my bad english

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I would have an important question about 3ds emulator. Its when it would be available to play? I just want to play yu-gi-oh! zexal clash duel carnival game (I actually have its rom on my pc but not emulator).
I hope we will see that on 2014. Sorry for my bad english
Maybe in 2019-2020 you will see a working emulator for 3ds, you just need luck.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way yet to manually remove system updates from your system (i've got an update downloaded it seems, and it asks me for it upon every reboot....i'm on 4.4 firmware, so I obviously don't want to jump up to anything more recent really)

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way yet to manually remove system updates from your system (i've got an update downloaded it seems, and it asks me for it upon every reboot....i'm on 4.4 firmware, so I obviously don't want to jump up to anything more recent really)

I think you can get rid of it by formatting your big SD card. Just make sure you backup your saves

lebara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.. I have several questions...

I have just received my GATEWAY (red and Blue Card)
I have my European 3DS 3.0.0-5E (old I know)

1- How do i update my console to 4.5 so i can use Gateway? I have mario tennis and mario kart 7. Can i load an update onto a sd card or will one of thee games suffice or will i need to purchase a game or can it be done via memory card?

2-Whats the best software to use from GATEWAY - i have read about bricked consoles but im getting confused.
I have used acecard, supercard2 and r4is n my 3ds in the past.

3- How do i backup the nand? do i need to be on a specific version of the Gateway?

I would like to use emunand but for the time being i will only be using gateway to test some roms aswell as backup my games.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi.. I have several questions...

I have just received my GATEWAY (red and Blue Card)
I have my European 3DS 3.0.0-5E (old I know)

1- How do i update my console to 4.5 so i can use Gateway? I have mario tennis and mario kart 7. Can i load an update onto a sd card or will one of thee games suffice or will i need to purchase a game or can it be done via memory card?

2-Whats the best software to use from GATEWAY - i have read about bricked consoles but im getting confused.
I have used acecard, supercard2 and r4is n my 3ds in the past.

3- How do i backup the nand? do i need to be on a specific version of the Gateway?

I would like to use emunand but for the time being i will only be using gateway to test some roms aswell as backup my games.

1. Find a 4.5 game. That's the only way.
2. 2.0b1 atm. Bricks are still uncommon (enough) though, so you could use 2.0b2 to do whatever you want then revert back to 2.0b1.
3. You can extract a NAND backup from GW EmuNAND.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you can get rid of it by formatting your big SD card. Just make sure you backup your saves
The update is not stored on SD card, but on the 3DS.
You need to format the 3DS, but it will reset a lot of things (like friend code, mii, settings, savegames, etc.). I don't know if it affects your already downloaded eShop games and application stored on SD, but I suppose they will not work until you re-download them.
Someone can confirm?

Gabbo04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm playing games with my GW since yesterday, following the guide from their website i'm writing the roms on sd card through win32 disk imager, so i've this question:

I wanna prepare another sd card with multiple roms to be ready for the "multirom feature" on final launcher 2.0, how can i do it? I dunno if win32 disk images allows writing multiple .3ds files, I should create a partition for every game, right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We don't know yet.
It will probably use a standard single partition FAT32 format, so you don't have to prepare anything.
Just drag and drop files (preferably trimmed to save space), as mentioned on their website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)