• Likes 43

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
And also, can you fully access and play Pokemon X/Y digital download with emunand, etc?

Yes, but it's still recommended to stay away from 2.0B2 to avoid bricking. If you really want it, you can use 2.0B2 only to download Pokemon X/Y, then revert back to 2.0B1 really fast and hope you don't brick yourself.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it's still recommended to stay away from 2.0B2 to avoid bricking. If you really want it, you can use 2.0B2 only to download Pokemon X/Y, then revert back to 2.0B1 really fast and hope you don't brick yourself.
Sorry I should be clear that I'm a complete noob. Do I need Gateway to use any sort of NAND emulation or 'spoofing'? I thought only a 3DS compatible DS flashcart was necessary to spoof above 4.5 and play newer retail carts, but I wasn't sure if that included digital downloads.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry I should be clear that I'm a complete noob. Do I need Gateway to use any sort of NAND emulation or 'spoofing'? I thought only a 3DS compatible DS flashcart was necessary to spoof above 4.5 and play newer retail carts, but I wasn't sure if that included digital downloads.
Creating emunand itself should still be possible with any compatible DS flashcart.
But to use the eShop features, you need gateway firmware B2, since the game is digital, you are forced to use that to download it.
Then just replace the launcher of the B1 version once you're done downloading, so you will not risk bricks while playing.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Creating emunand itself should still be possible with any compatible DS flashcart.
But to use the eShop features, you need gateway firmware B2, since the game is digital, you are forced to use that to download it.
Then just replace the launcher of the B1 version once you're done downloading, so you will not risk bricks while playing.
Ah, so is a Gateway card necessary? Or is it just some version of Gateway firmware that needs to be loaded?

Do I need Gateway to do solderless NAND backups? And thanks huntereb and Steena for all the info.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah, so is a Gateway card necessary? Or is it just some version of Gateway firmware that needs to be loaded?

Do I need Gateway to do solderless NAND backups? And thanks huntereb and Steena for all the info.
Well if you're planning to play your downloaded pokemon game on 4.5, you will need a gateway for the moment you're actually downloading the game. I don't see any other way.
Also, if you ever update your system, your existing pokemon save will get corrupted because of firmware differences.

edit: you can still make a use of your legit game but you will need to delete the existing save file as it gets corrupted if you ever update your system. Just read that on maxconsole.

Can't help you about backups, don't know anything sorry.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it requires Gateway then I guess this deal isn't for me. Although maybe I'll take part in it if I can register my download code incase I can use it in the future if we ever get CFW or whatever. Thanks for all the info btw

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If it requires Gateway then I guess this deal isn't for me. Although maybe I'll take part in it if I can register my download code incase I can use it in the future if we ever get CFW or whatever. Thanks for all the info btw

You don't need one to use EmuNAND.
As for save data, that only applies to physical copies.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you home/close to save is it supposed to reset the 3DS after? I haven't tested a lot of games as I'm hooked on MH4 but it does this every time with MH4. Other games I've tried stay in gateway mode after home/closing the game.

edit: From reading the FAQ it's probably because of the region difference.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question about rom trimming. I remember reading something like saves before trimming a rom doesn't work after trimming that rom. Is this true and anyone tried that? Since multirom is soon to come i want to trim some of my unfinished game roms to gain more free space.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you home/close to save is it supposed to reset the 3DS after? I haven't tested a lot of games as I'm hooked on MH4 but it does this every time with MH4. Other games I've tried stay in gateway mode after home/closing the game.
edit: From reading the FAQ it's probably because of the region difference.
I don't think it's normal behavior to reset when exiting a game (even if it's another region). Did you try another game from a different region?

Quick question about rom trimming. I remember reading something like saves before trimming a rom doesn't work after trimming that rom. Is this true and anyone tried that? Since multirom is soon to come i want to trim some of my unfinished game roms to gain more free space.
It's fine to trim the "unused, excessive and never accessed" bytes AFTER the game. it will not affect the save file as it's never accessed (Except for games using CARD2, because they are actually using the space after the game as savegame storage).
Don't use the "full trim" option which alter the game's ROM by deleting the update partition.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Question: Does Raspberry Pi + 4.5 NAND backup work as a 'Downgrade' solution to accidental updates for cart users? Surely you could wipe the updated FW from the NAND and re-install 4.5.

Sorry if this has been answered before.

(+ yes I know it would be NAND specific)

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, don't know where the guide is though. Just search for it.

Epic thanks..
We_Are_Here.png

... Took your advice and found out for myself, thanks..

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I was querying WITH the Pi... It's news to me also?... I havn't heard of any non Pi/Ardruino method either.

Shorkio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Without a Raspberry Pi?

Wait. Without a raspberry pi? ( or arduino)??
Since when?

You don't need to use an arduino/Pi to downgrade to older firmware version. All you need is your NAND dump and adapter to flash NAND. More info here (for 3DS XL) and here (for normal 3DS).
You need arduino/Pi to unbrick your console if you brick it via GW/clone/something. More info about unbricking here.

(Excuse me if my answer sounds silly/weird and/or is misinformational. It's 3AM here and I'm kinda tired.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -