• Replies 53,788
  • Likes 43

WiiU_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to install over 300 titles? I saw some methods mentioned a few times from searching, but nothing I read was current (from 2020), so I wanted to make sure I did it the right way.

On a related note, would installing too many titles at a single time with fbi cause issues?
Haha, takes about 3 days to download 260+ish 3Ds titles, if anyone was wondering.

1.Is there somewhere to check how many titles are installed or would It be counted by hand?

2. I had one game (langrisser) install into a folder and already be unwrapped. Is this what happens when you go over the 300 title limit?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, takes about 3 days to download 260+ish 3Ds titles, if anyone was wondering.

1.Is there somewhere to check how many titles are installed or would It be counted by hand?

2. I had one game (langrisser) install into a folder and already be unwrapped. Is this what happens when you go over the 300 title limit?
No. and no. When you go over the 300 limit games will simply start dissappearing from the home screen.

ReginaldDull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you both very much!
I am content so far with beeing able to proceed the 3dsguide and find a solution to update the firmware afterwards.
I'll let you now if anything changes once the new WiFi modules has arrived and beeing installed.
Have a great day!

Good morning!
I would like to let you know, that the new wifi-card has been delivered and I installed it.
Sadly the problem persists. No access points to be found...

OO804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For a bunch of reasons I ended up with way too many r4i gold 2020 timebomb cards, they're not worth reselling on ebay, can I use them together with cfw to direct the 3ds at the r4 to load ds games and 3d movies, homebrew etc, so at least I can fill them up and quick swap and switch without messing with the internal micro sd so I can get some use out of them?

Last edited by OO804,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats usually only if 32kb does not work. my 128gb card works fine set at 32kb.

one sure fire way to tell is by using a gba inject. that's how I could with mine. the top portion of the screen will appear at the bottom of the screen like it's cut. @TurdPooCharger is the one who suggested I use 64KBs to fix the problem, which it did actually. I encountered no other issues with it.

Reactions: defunct32

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
one sure fire way to tell is by using a gba inject. that's how I could with mine. the top portion of the screen will appear at the bottom of the screen like it's cut. @TurdPooCharger is the one who suggested I use 64KBs to fix the problem, which it did actually. I encountered no other issues with it.

I ordered a 256 GB (I know it's overkill and there's a 300 game limit on the 3DS) but the 256 was going very cheap (bought locally, I'm not from the US) so I should format to FAT32, 64 KB cluster, correct?

Thanks.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In my opinion, 64kB cluster size is good for larger size SD cards, because the more cluster size the more quickly your SD card is managed by the console system (it's more easy to R/W the files stored on the SD card).

Sorry for the akward explanation, but that's the point

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my understanding is that larger files = larger cluster size, so if you were using iso files or something, you'd want to use a larger cluster size. however, in some cases, the vita for example, the wrong cluster size equates to wrong amount of free space. it doesn't do that on the switch or the 3ds though, but the 3ds will have issues or can have issues if using the wrong size.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
my understanding is that larger files = larger cluster size, so if you were using iso files or something, you'd want to use a larger cluster size. however, in some cases, the vita for example, the wrong cluster size equates to wrong amount of free space. it doesn't do that on the switch or the 3ds though, but the 3ds will have issues or can have issues if using the wrong size.
For that reason is only recommended 32kB for lower size SD cards (64GB or less) and 64kB for larger ones (128 or above).

16kB or less cluster size is never recommended

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's usually correct, but the switch makes no difference. I don't know if there are any issues with games, but the size remaining (like the vita) will be the same. I think @Draxzelex mentioned this to me as did @Hayato213 (my bff on here). they were right. it makes no difference. I'm using a 1TB micro sd on both of my switches.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I ordered a 256 GB (I know it's overkill and there's a 300 game limit on the 3DS) but the 256 was going very cheap (bought locally, I'm not from the US) so I should format to FAT32, 64 KB cluster, correct?

Thanks.
It's also recommended to perform a H2TestW analysis before to use your incoming SD card, to discard errors or a fake size.

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
that's usually correct, but the switch makes no difference. I don't know if there are any issues with games, but the size remaining (like the vita) will be the same. I think @Draxzelex mentioned this to me as did @Hayato213 (my bff on here). they were right. it makes no difference. I'm using a 1TB micro sd on both of my switches.
Yeah. But have in account that 3DS was made thinking on 32GB cards at maximum size (officialy) supported

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also recommended to perform a H2TestW analysis before to use your incoming SD card, to discard errors or a fake size.

I totally agree. I bought a second 1TB micro sd from amazon, and it came out good. I'm using about 800GBs on both of my 1TB drives with the switch, and I've had no issues with them. do not buy off of ebay, I implore you. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah. But have in account that 3DS was made thinking on 32GB cards at maximum size supported

you are correct. I think 32GBs is what Nintendo recommends as max, but we all know more are possible. ;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know but it did. you might try an injected game. part of the top screen will appear at the bottom of the bottom screen or vice versa. it's a known problem apparently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL