• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys i have this error on my 3ds recently when booting my pokemon x cart and I can't seem to find any solution, I'm on luma 10.0.1

An error has occurred (errdisp)

Error type: generic

Process id: 67115840

Address: 0x00000d3a Error code: 0x000000d3

Press any button to reboot
It is a Luma3ds bug with v10.0.1 try the latest hourly build (from yesterday) https://github.com/hax0kartik/luma-hourlies

april77jp

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Thanks but now I've got another problem

Error type: generic

Process id: 39
Process name: kujira-1
Process title ID: 0x0004000000055d00

Address: 0x00357670
Error Code: 0xd900458b

Press any button to reboot

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The error coresponds to invalid Romfs or savedata hash. It could be a corrupted sd card.

Here is someone with the same error his solution is:
No, there were no errors shown. It seems that the cause was a chip not being firmly inserted. I had to disassemble my 3DS and push it down into place. No crashes since then.
Its is not a easy one but it could be the issue. I don't hope so.

Last edited by 3DSBricker,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The error coresponds to invalid Romfs or savedata hash. It could be a corrupted sd card.

Here is someone with the same error his solution is:

Its is not a easy one but it could be the issue. I don't hope so.
Well, I coincidentally used my 3DS for the first time in about a year today and I got an ErrDisp. I got it in a game while using a unsupported format (.bps) game patch, but didn´t get it when having turned it off. I haven´t bother to see whether i´d get a similar error in other games, or if simply the patch caused the error, so I am unsure wheter I´ve actually solved the problem.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the 3DS is running in native firmware [ie, not GBA VC or DS(i)Ware modes], press the { (L)-shoulder + (DOWN) d-pad + (SELECT) } button combo → Rosalina menu → Press (UP) d-pad twice → Reboot → quickly press and hold (START) → Luma3DS ChainloaderGodMode9.

Reactions: Alexander1970
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks but is it also possible inside the 3ds os?
So without reboot?
FIRM payloads are a separate class of custom firmware programs versus CIA and 3DSX homebrew apps. GodMode9 is its own operating system or firmware. Using a HOME Menu CIA forwarder would still exit or shut down the native firmware.

Edit - You press (START) in GodMode9 to exit and boot back to HOME Menu.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it would be faster right? I often need Godmode9 so from the home(brew)menu should be easier regardless if it needs to be rebooted.
Faster is debatable.

There is a learning curve that involves some muscle memory for new homebrew users when it comes to accessing Rosalina menu to reboot to GodMode9. Once you master the routine, it's almost faster than the HOME Menu forwarder every time except if your icon selector is already resting on that forwarder.

The problem with the HOME Menu forwarder method is that you're limited to launching GodMode9 from HOME Menu. It doesn't help if the icon selector is several pages away from that forwarder if you have a substantial amount of installed CIA games. Rosalina menu reboot route you can do anywhere * (ie, in the middle playing a 3DS game, in System Settings, browsing in Homebrew Launcher, while using a 3DS homebrew app).

Also, the setting up the forwarder is kinda messy. It's been a while since I experimented with the GodMode9 forwarder, but I distinctly remember having to chainload 1 or 2 additional intermediate FIRM payloads just to reach GodMode9.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like this? -snip-
Video guides are not recommended if it's to install custom firmware to a 3DS system, but there is some leeway in using them if yours is already hacked with the latest [ B9S / Luma / GM9 ]. That's the very same method as described in my post #50008. In fact, I actually learned that from him (GameInCanada) when I first started.

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone bought a 3DS and turned it off during an update. Now it won’t turn on again and/or screen(s) stay black. I offered to try and help. Any idea on how to start or is it a lost case if you turn off the 3DS during an update?

as far as I know, the 3DS does not have CFW.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone bought a 3DS and turned it off during an update. Now it won’t turn on again and/or screen(s) stay black. I offered to try and help. Any idea on how to start or is it a lost case if you turn off the 3DS during an update?

as far as I know, the 3DS does not have CFW.
Frankenfirm softbrick from incomplete system update.
  1. [3ds.hacks.guide] ntrboot + R4i Gold 3DS Plus -or- R4iSDHC series if you have another (o/n)(2/3)DS(i)(XL/LL)(phat/lite) with working DS(i) mode
  2. CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. See the Instructions.
  3. Finalizing Setup

Auronlebowski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try Soundhax method:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(soundhax)

Should work without flashcart. If Soundhax method fails, there is still the possibility to update and use Seedminer on latest version.

If you can't revive your flashcart, you can replace it with TWiLight Menu++

UPDATE:I finally reached to my friend who lent me the 3DS. And he showed me how to make it work using the FTP method and It seems to work for me without having to update the software (Since I dont have enough experience in 3DS hacks, I feared that I might mess up the console which is not mine in the first place!)
Thank you and thanks to @alexander1970 for all the help you provided!
Stay safe guys!

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, just out of curiosity but where is boot9strap installed? I know in the nand but where and in which nand? I'd expect in CTRNand because that is also where luma is installed but where? Or is it just an adjustment of the boot.img (or whatever its name might be) (sorry for my english (long live google translate with its very good translation)).

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, just out of curiosity but where is boot9strap installed? I know in the nand but where and in which nand? I'd expect in CTRNand because that is also where luma is installed but where? Or is it just an adjustment of the boot.img (or whatever its name might be) (sorry for my english (long live google translate with its very good translation)).
Have a look at this table:
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#NAND_structure

B9S is installed to FIRM0 and FIRM1

:!: Don't manually modify FIRM0 and FIRM1. Overwriting those two with garbage data will lead to 8046 BootROM error (blue screens of death)
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Bootrom#BootROM_Errors
Requires ntrboot flashcart to repair!

Have fun!

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks! I upgraded yesterday to Fastboot3ds,
First: is this good? or should i use B9S? if so how do i reinstall it?
And second: since i upgraded boot9.bin is gone i saw in another topic this:
About GodMode9 and [M:] MEMORY VIRTUAL/boot9.bin

It is missing on my O2DS with fastboot3DS too. I do not know if this is intended. On the O3DSXL and N3DSXL (both B9S) boot9.bin is there.
And according to this video: i need it.
And if i have bootrom error 8046 (by modifying the firm0) can i restore it using Godmode9? Because you always should have the firm1. Right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto