3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The

Yeah i'm using menuhax with emunand.

Too bad that i have to redo the whole process and can't use emumand further.
    Due to the fact that i don't meddle with the actual nand i do like emunand way more as it also gives me an easier backup and restore possibility without fiddling with the hardware :)

But thank you very much for your response!

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The process for backing up and restoring emuNAND is identical to sysNAND - you're not losing anything by having sysNAND only. No need to do anything with hardware.

3. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    But while i restore the Emunand to a Partition on my sd-card the Restore-Process for the SysNand involves the physical NAND on the 3ds which i can't replace as easy as a micro-sd card ;-)

I see the emunand as a great protection Layer :)

Last edited by Seelbreaker, May 15, 2018
  4. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Restoring a sysNAND backup won't do anything to the hardware. And if you manage to restore a corrupted backup and break sysNAND, you can just make an emuNAND. Same as if you break emuNAND by restoring a corrupted backup you could make a new emuNAND or use sysNAND. There isn't any advantage to using emuNAND, only the disadvantage of using up space on the SD card and having the risk of your data disappearing if the emuNAND partition gets corrupted (since game installs are encrypted for the NAND they are installed on) and not being able to upgrade SD cards easily.

5. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Quick question because I don't want to make a thread for something that simple. I take a lot of screenshots with Luma and wanted it to be faster, so decided to FINALLY update Luma from 8.0 to 9.0 earlier today (no counting delay means half the time needed for screenshots). Anyway, I didn't bother updating b9s, so I'm still on 1.2 (latest being 1.3). Should I do the whole b9s updating thing or not worth the trouble? I'm only concerned about stability and the changelog for 1.3 doesn't include anything I deem important, but you never know. Is it perfectly fine to stay on 1.2 still for now?

6. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No need to update, the update was only to allow more flashcarts to work with ntrboot IIRC

ThoD likes this.
  7. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Alrighty, thanks for the reply.

8. Sean1980

Sean1980 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I recently bought an old 3ds on system 4.something and installed Luma to play emulators. I was wondering if I open the the official shop, will it update my system version or am I safe to use it?

Last edited by Sean1980, May 16, 2018
  9. superpower48

superpower48 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2014
    United States
    So ive hacked my old 3ds xl and recently bought a galaxy New 3ds hoping it would be on 11.4 or lower i was unlucky and its at a solid 11.6. I want to hack it and ive read the guide for the 11.6 transfer hack with the using dsi ware games. if i download one of the games needed from the free shop will i be able to do the transfer method. i Also have zelda 4 swords and mario clock already on my old 3ds XL if that helps.

Also i bought a flash card 17 days ago but its still not here is their anyone i can talk to about that on nds-card.

10. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    you cannot use pirated copies of the game for transferring, as it will not get transferred since you do not own the ticket for it

and if you didnt pay the $2 for tracking from nds-card, expect your card to take upto 8 weeks

11. superpower48

superpower48 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2014
    United States
    i did pay the tracking and it says it's just in transit, i guess there isnt really anything to do about it either.
    is there a way to get a ticket i read a little bit about it but i didn't see a guide.'

and thanks for the reply.

12. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Buy it from the eShop.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you followed the guide fully you would have updated already. Go back to the guide and finish everything you missed.

13. superpower48

superpower48 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2014
    United States
    I thought all the games that use the exploit have been removed from the eshop, if not which one should i get then.

14. Hunter

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    Quantumcat likes this.
  15. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  16. sameh

sameh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    hey everyone ,
    im having a problem installing B9S to my A9LH old 3DS xl .
    now i know my 3ds is a9lh cuz it runs old cias just fine , but the new ones such as METROID samus returns keeps freezing as 3ds logo
    i did everything from this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s correctly but after i finish the the prep work & reinsert the sd card into the device & hold the start at first it give me luma configuration screen & when i restart & do it again it gives me godmod screen , i repeated the process so many times (to make sure i didn't miss something & i didn't!) & its always the same
    when i made the other guide on my other unhaked 3ds it worked fine but in this case (a9lh to b9s) i couldn't !
    what am i missing ?!
    please help !
    & thank you .

17. Hunter

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    power off the 3ds, hold select and power it on, what version of Luma does it say?

sameh likes this.
  18. sameh

sameh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    luma 3ds v9.0

19. Hunter

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    ok you have b9s then...

now update your 3ds firmware via system settings, as Metroid requires 11.3 or higher

Quantumcat and sameh like this.
  20. sameh

sameh Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    Ah! am at 11.1
    ok! then i could complete the guide or it dose not needed ?