3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Red850

Red850 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2018
    United States
    I have a hacked 3ds and a (soon-to-be-)hacked 2ds.

I want to be able to play the same game, using the same save file, on both systems, switching between them at will.
    Presumably both systems could have different folders on the same SD card, and I could use JKSM to backup and restore the save file between the folders.
    That sound kinda tedious though. Is there an easier/better way of going about this?

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    What your saying is utterly tedious. but with that set up. That is how its going to be to transfer the saves between consoles.

3. MahoganyRaichu

MahoganyRaichu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Another stupid question - I want to play Pokemon Y hack and Pokemon Moon hack. Both of them require some changes to Luma folder. Will it affect luma in any bad ways? and can I have both of them installed, or I have to play one, delete, configure luma folder again and play the other?

4. MissBloodySunday

MissBloodySunday Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    Germany
    I did everything from the 3ds.hacks.guide(s) on a 4GB Card and everything working fine.
    How i can later upgrade to a 32/64 GB Card, im sure copy and past not working.

Is GodMode9>NAND Backup the Key ?

5. andy27043

andy27043 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    Netherlands
    I don't see why you can't just copy and paste it. Maybe some hidden files and folders can't copy if you dindt turned on show hidden files, folders and drivers at the folder options. But since you followed the 3ds.hacks.guide, you've problaby already done that.
    here is a video about it.

Last edited by andy27043, May 6, 2018
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Don't link video guides. This one is kind of harmless, but still.

7. MissBloodySunday

MissBloodySunday Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    Germany
    I read, dont follow Video guides because there are outdated.
    I saw this Video too and some Threads ( gbatemp. ) are from 2015/16.

8. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    you just need to make sure the NEW SD card is formatted as FAT32 with 32768 allocation size using http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
    after that copy the content of your OLD SD to a folder on your Desktop, then copy that content to your NEW SD and you should be right to go

9. Codyscouch

Codyscouch Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2018
    United States
    I have a pokemon x and y 3ds xl on firmware 11.4.0-37U, is there a way to hack it and whats the best way, really new to this

10. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Using an ntrboot capable flashcart is the easiest method. https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

11. MrLucariox

MrLucariox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2018
    Turkey
    What is a ctrtransfer? I think that it has to do something with the citra nand but, what is it exactly?

12. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It is like restoring a NAND backup but it omits the parts that will cause a console to be bricked - only the universal parts of the NAND backup.

13. EmBlaze

EmBlaze Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Canada
    I got a spare battery for my New 3DS XL. Basically I want to know how to do 2 things:
    1) Check and compare their estimated battery life. I know there is the old-fashioned way, but would really prefer this.
    2) Sync with Internet time after switching battery. And of course it's better than the old-fashioned way.

Please answer if you can in any productive way. Thank you.

14. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2015
    Mexico
    Well, I haven't hacked a 3ds in a long time, a friend asked me to hack his 3ds, so I went to read the guide and I found that I can use a blue Gateway for ntrboot, since it can't be read on my 3DS I used my DSi, however when I was about to flash it, I couldn't find Gateway on the options, anyone knows what should I do?

15. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can't use a blue Gateway for ntrboot, or at least not all of them (just the ones that are based on the AK2i I think). If your 3DS is still on 4.x firmware you can use MSET.

Last edited by Quantumcat, May 9, 2018
    Azmort likes this.
  16. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2015
    Mexico
    Oh thanks, so I misunderstood the guide then, I'm not sure what firmware my friend has, but I'm sure it's not 4.x lol I think he should be on the latest, I guess I still need to get a new flashcard then, thanks.

17. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can try flashing it as an AK2i - I don't know if it will brick the flashcart or not though. You'd want to do some research before attempting it. Or just buy a new flashcart :-p

You can also do the seedminer method if you don't want to wait for a flashcart to be shipped to you.

18. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    it's actually the Ace3DS clone versions that are flashable

Quantumcat likes this.
  19. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Thanks, I wasn't sure!

Hunter likes this.
  20. tylerxian

tylerxian GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Hi guys,

I haven't touched my 3DS in a long while and the last time I updated Luma was back in April 2016. Now I'm trying to follow Plailect's guide to upgrade to B9S.

Gone through Section 1, but stuck on Section II's "Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch SafeB9SInstaller". I tried adding the 'start_'/'y_' to the payload files as mentioned in this thread, but that didn't work. So I'm assuming it's because I'm on an old version of A9LH that it's failing for me? Is there somewhere where I can learn how to update A9LH to try this again?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice