3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. awake

awake Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Germany
    Hello people. I've read a lot and watched some YouTube videos and want to confirm what I seem to know regarding a 2DS XL hack:

According to the 3DS Hacks Guide I only need the console itself, the SD card as well as a GPU or use the service provided by the 3DS Hacks Guide, right? No second console, no flashcard?

Thanks in advance and best wishes.

2. NoiD

NoiD Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2018
    Philippines
    Ok, thanks for the assistance

3. alphakilco

alphakilco Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2017
    France
    Hello all my question is Can se play on multi if we patched à games on 3ds

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

4. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    If you are doing seedminer, yes

5. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Hey there,

so my 3dsXL is a bit older and is running on Emunand 11.2.0-35E with Cake CFW 138 on Native FIRM 10.2.X

Can i just online-upgrade my Emunand to the latest Firmware? Do i even need/should (Game Updates and stuff).

Last edited by Seelbreaker, May 12, 2018
  6. Slackot

Slackot Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Can I still use a Four Swords game even though it was already used when doing DSiWarehax once? I used it to hack a O3DS to 2DS, and then I loaded a backup of sysNAND when it got formatted so I still have the game. I’m trying to hack a N3DS.

Do I also need a NNID?

7. Slackot

Slackot Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Does it count it as a pirated copy or a legitimate copy of Four Swords?

(PS:Could somebody please try to answer my question? I’ve only got this weekend.)

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It counts as a pirated copy, it won't move when you transfer (unless the console you're talking about was the target).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is it running A9LH or menuhax? If A9LH, follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s and if menuhax, then uninstall menuhax (boot to sysNAND, change the theme), then follow https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

In both cases you should later follow https://3ds.guide/move-emunand to get rid of your emuNAND (will only cause you problems and not help anything) then follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup to get all the latest homebrew.

I don't think Cakes is compatible with the latest firmware version.

Slackot likes this.
  9. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    It's possible to make the 3DS autoboot the cartridge at startup?
    I'm speaking about a DS flashcart, not a legit 3DS Game.

10. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    There's a key combo you can hold on boot (A+B+X+Y+R) that will start the cartridge, skipping the home menu (for if the home menu isn't working). Don't know if it works on DS carts, but you can try.

11. MahoganyRaichu

MahoganyRaichu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I've installed Taiko tatsujin one from freeshop, another via FBI. Both games ask me for an update, is it safe?I've installed LumaSwicher to run DLC and nothing happens/ What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by MahoganyRaichu, May 14, 2018 at 1:04 PM
  12. Hey_everyone

Hey_everyone Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    France
    Hi, i have a 2DS on 11.4 official firmware that came with MK7 pre installed.
    I have a r4i gold 3DS plus flashcard that i would like to use to install CFW, should i update to 11.6 official firmware before trying to install the CFW or should i do it starting from 11.4 official firmware ?
    I have never accessed eshop (never even turned the wifi on, only played physical games and MK7 preinstalled from the system), should i go to the eshop (i guess they would ask me to update to 11.6 OFW before), and create a Nintendo Network ID (to save/link my MK7 pre installed copy to an account as it's currently linked to the console - if i'm not wrong) ?
    I also would like to install CFW to a 64GB microSD (into an SD adapter), should i do something to copy or transfer my MK7 preinstalled game from the 4GB SD that came in the console ?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Hey_everyone, May 13, 2018
  13. Duckling

Duckling Sorry for being dumb ;(

Mar 17, 2016
    Laos
    Can someone link me to the thread on unbricking 3ds' with magnet method?

14. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    it's not really a unbricking method with the magnet,
    it's using ntrboot to use a ctrtransfer to see if it's able to be restored with that etc

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer

so give this a try, you need to put godmode9.firm on the base of the SD card as boot.firm and boot the ntrboot compatible flashcard then do the ctr transfer

Duckling likes this.
  15. Seelbreaker

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The

Yeah i'm using menuhax with emunand.

Too bad that i have to redo the whole process and can't use emumand further.
    Due to the fact that i don't meddle with the actual nand i do like emunand way more as it also gives me an easier backup and restore possibility without fiddling with the hardware :)

But thank you very much for your response!

16. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The process for backing up and restoring emuNAND is identical to sysNAND - you're not losing anything by having sysNAND only. No need to do anything with hardware.

17. Seelbreaker

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    But while i restore the Emunand to a Partition on my sd-card the Restore-Process for the SysNand involves the physical NAND on the 3ds which i can't replace as easy as a micro-sd card ;-)

I see the emunand as a great protection Layer :)

Last edited by Seelbreaker, May 15, 2018 at 3:32 PM
  18. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Restoring a sysNAND backup won't do anything to the hardware. And if you manage to restore a corrupted backup and break sysNAND, you can just make an emuNAND. Same as if you break emuNAND by restoring a corrupted backup you could make a new emuNAND or use sysNAND. There isn't any advantage to using emuNAND, only the disadvantage of using up space on the SD card and having the risk of your data disappearing if the emuNAND partition gets corrupted (since game installs are encrypted for the NAND they are installed on) and not being able to upgrade SD cards easily.

19. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Quick question because I don't want to make a thread for something that simple. I take a lot of screenshots with Luma and wanted it to be faster, so decided to FINALLY update Luma from 8.0 to 9.0 earlier today (no counting delay means half the time needed for screenshots). Anyway, I didn't bother updating b9s, so I'm still on 1.2 (latest being 1.3). Should I do the whole b9s updating thing or not worth the trouble? I'm only concerned about stability and the changelog for 1.3 doesn't include anything I deem important, but you never know. Is it perfectly fine to stay on 1.2 still for now?

20. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No need to update, the update was only to allow more flashcarts to work with ntrboot IIRC

ThoD likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice