• Start date
  • Views 4,577,673
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Do it in Hourglass9, its much easier and noob friendly(not trying to call you a noob or offend you :) )

Thank you! Not offended at all, im new to these programs and dont know yet which order is safe(Since the guide did not say NOTHING about NAND backup when it comes to stock 2.1.) Thats about the last question i had for the moment, im pretty much all set now. I´ve gone over the process and read up alot since ill be doing this on 2 stock 2.1 ods and 1 n3ds xl.

Im experienced but rusty but yes a newbie in the 3ds scene. And I must say they should really add to the guide that you should make a backup before upgrading to 11.2 with hourglass.

I thank you all for your input and help everyone,
It´s time to letts´e gooo! :D

AshleeCoffee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie here who needs some help. I've had the Gateway for at least a year now, and I'm looking for possibilities of getting into my ROMS without having to use wifi (to open up the Gateway browser and enter Gateway mode). I have the old 3DS, gold/black Zelda one to be specific. I was doing a lot of research into the "profile exploit," but to my dismay, I noticed when I entered my regular System Settings, I'm on Version 6.2.0-12U, and I read somewhere that the profile exploit needs versions 4.0-4.5ish. Are there any other options out there for wifi-less Gateway mode boot?! I'm going to be traveling soon, and it sucks having a portable system that needs internet to access your games. =( And please explain it to me like I'm 5 if you are down to help me.

Edit: My gateway version is currently 9.7.0-25U. I don't even know how to update firmware anymore, lol

Last edited by AshleeCoffee,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Newbie here who needs some help. I've had the Gateway for at least a year now, and I'm looking for possibilities of getting into my ROMS without having to use wifi (to open up the Gateway browser and enter Gateway mode). I have the old 3DS, gold/black Zelda one to be specific. I was doing a lot of research into the "profile exploit," but to my dismay, I noticed when I entered my regular System Settings, I'm on Version 6.2.0-12U, and I read somewhere that the profile exploit needs versions 4.0-4.5ish. Are there any other options out there for wifi-less Gateway mode boot?! I'm going to be traveling soon, and it sucks having a portable system that needs internet to access your games. =( And please explain it to me like I'm 5 if you are down to help me.

Edit: My gateway version is currently 9.7.0-25U. I don't even know how to update firmware anymore, lol
3ds.guide

Last edited by rikumax25!,

DonJav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, I've done a few systransfer downgrades recently and have tried my best to keep track of NANDs but I might have mixed one up, when doing a NAND restore does the system do a check first to see if it's correct or will it just go ahead and then brick the unit?

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP! I homebrewed the New 3DS, but then I did a system transfer. Then when I try to start up my games, Pokemon Moon for example, it says the data for the game cannot be used! Please help, I have a lot of progress in the game and I really don't want to lose it!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP! I homebrewed the New 3DS, but then I did a system transfer. Then when I try to start up my games, Pokemon Moon for example, it says the data for the game cannot be used! Please help, I have a lot of progress in the game and I really don't want to lose it!
you can try using JKSM to delete the secure value. are you using custom firmware or basic homebrew?

nekoakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding Luma / Data Management.

I'm getting mixed answers if it's safe to enter data management, because I'm wanting to uninstall some legit items Ive purchased before downgrading.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'd have a noob question to ask : Is it possible, on an a9lh-powered console, to do stuff like install some games and register friend codes then "reseting" the 3DS so that it shows the "first-launch config screens" once again ?
Especially, I have a spare o3DS that I want to gift my lil' brother with on christmas and I need to prepare it so it has some games installed and his friends registered on it (because he's too young to do it by himself), but I also would like him to experience the magic of having something brand new that you open for the first time, hence why I want him to go through all the steps of setting up his console.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find it and tried to ask on /r/3dshacks but got no answers.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'd have a noob question to ask : Is it possible, on an a9lh-powered console, to do stuff like install some games and register friend codes then "reseting" the 3DS so that it shows the "first-launch config screens" once again ?
Especially, I have a spare o3DS that I want to gift my lil' brother with on christmas and I need to prepare it so it has some games installed and his friends registered on it (because he's too young to do it by himself), but I also would like him to experience the magic of having something brand new that you open for the first time, hence why I want him to go through all the steps of setting up his console.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I couldn't find it and tried to ask on /r/3dshacks but got no answers.
AFAIK, there's no way to actually do that.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AFAIK, there's no way to actually do that.
use config (nintendo ctrsdk application) to reset settings without actually formatting. all games and other settings will still appear at the end of setup.

nekoakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's old. It's completely safe to go to the Data Management settings in System Settings to delete titles.

That was from when we used to need emuNAND - and I think it only happened when emuNAND and sysNAND were linked.

Thanks! So much reading and catching up to do, as I'm late to the party.

Got another question if anyone can help me out:

Just wondering what my options are for downgrade my 2nd 3ds .

I have just downgraded and installed Luma on my JPN O3DS (A), with fourswords dsiwarehax and oot3dhax (cart).

I have a second JPN 3DS (B) on 11.1.0-34J

I'm just wondering if it's possible to:

- Nand backup (A)
- System transfer (A) to (B) and still retain the hacked fourswords save.
- Continue with the downgrade process on (B) using fourswords dsiwarehax. oot3d hack is cart so no problem there.
- (One week later transfer back / or just restore nand)

Question 2: Would I lose my installed (but not purchased) cia titles / and saves with transfer? [nand backup would probably make this irrelevant?]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Muhahahaha