1. jDSX

jDSX GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Stupid question but lets say I installed a9lh and luma cfw and I want to swap sd cards to a bigger one, can I copy and paste all the files from my old sd card to on my new sd card assuming that everything will work fine?

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yes, but if the bigger card is 64+ GB, then you'll need to find a way to format it to FAT32 first, then copy and paste everything over to the new card. EmuNAND9 can properly format it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Oct 16, 2016
  3. jDSX

jDSX GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    What about plain old windows formatting with 32kb cluster size?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No, Windows can't natively format any SD card to FAT32.

5. ukee

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    I'm trying to help a friend of mine to install A9LH on his Japanese 3DS XL.
    The thing is, he wants to know if it's possible to change the console's language to English (since currently it's in Japanese) and he's actually letting his kid play the console but the kid doesn't know the language.

Is it possible to change the language of the console?

6. bonerectus

bonerectus Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just a question guys, how do I fix the black screen whenever I turn on my 3DS? Holding the R trigger solves the problem but I didn't have to do so before. Thanks everyone!

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    Sounds like you're trying to boot into a bricked emuNAND. Follow the latter part of the "move emuNAND" section of the guide (to remove emuNAND from your SD card - don't flash the emuNAND to the sysNAND (the earlier half)!!) and make sure Luma settings are set up as recommended in the guide (to auto-boot sysNAND not emuNAND).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
    This will help you get games to play in English (go to language emulation section). Not sure if you can make the home menu be in English without a region change.

8. Tommy531jed

Tommy531jed Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yes, just move every file to the new card abd there will be no problem as long as you have the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of th sd card.

jDSX likes this.
  9. bonerectus

bonerectus Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi @Quantumcat ! Sorry for the newb question but can you link me to exactly which guide I need to follow? Don't wanna mess things up any further with my 3DS. Thanks for the response!

Last edited by bonerectus, Oct 16, 2016
  10. eworm

eworm GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Is it in any way possible to trick Pokémon Bank into accessing a different account?
    I have two consoles, one is a A9LH+Luma N3DS and the other one is a plain homebrew-only 2DS. Both have the Bank, obviously linked to different NNID accounts, but since I'm not updating the 2DS's 11.0 firmware (naively hoping for a downgrade possibility), I can't access that Bank account. It would be really cool if even for one time only I could trick it into using the other account.

I suspect it's impossible, but I figured asking wouldn't hurt. Maybe someone could figure out a creative round-about way.

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No, it's not possible.

12. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Hi o/ !
    I've a little question (stupid ofc, but I want to be sure and to be updated for myself) for a friend.
    He has a N3DS XL, and followed the guide (in May) in order to setup RedNAND etc, but without going to OTP part, 2.1.0 and a9lh because fearing of the downgrade to 2.1.0
    Now that it's safe to install a9lh OTPless, he wants to do it. I've a question :
    Can he follows the 3rd part of the guide (so A9LH installation) with his 9.2 redNAND like before.

Edit : and oh, just, with that, he'll keep everything from his redNAND because it'll be copied to the A9LH Sysnand right ?

Thanks o/

13. Doomsy

Doomsy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If I copy my sysnand to an emunand and then proceed to change my sysnand to a different region, the emunand will still work as the previous region, right?

14. 777kidis777

777kidis777 Big Red

United States
    So what's a good cart?
    I'm looking for one that allows me to play GBA games and some old ds stuff. Too much of a weenie hut jr to cfw my 3ds.
    The cart I have right now is an R4i that I use on my DSi.
    Is the Supercard DSTWO still the thing around? Is it the answer to what I would want?

15. Reiiva

Reiiva Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello Im a noob in the 3ds hacking so I just got a new 3ds and installed A9LH+Luma3ds using plailect guide and everything went flawless following the steps letter by letter but when I try to play Smash Bros I get the black screen +restart message, I have looked everywhere and I dont really understand how to fix it.
    NOTE: New3dsXL Sys 11.0.3 A9LH+Luma3ds 6.3.1
    Please help :(

16. Cody090909

Cody090909 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a question. If I format emunand through system settings, I don't lose anything on sysnand or sd card contents, correct?

Last edited by Cody090909, Oct 16, 2016
  17. Posghetti

Posghetti Un-official ReVeluv Leader

United States
    Are you using a external boot manager?

You won't lose anything on sysNAND, but you will lose your SDCard contents (unless you pull it out after the one step)
    I would recommend you to just use TinyFormat if you need to format your emuNAND. (formats w/e NAND, but doesn't touch SDCard)

18. Cody090909

Cody090909 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  19. Reiiva

Reiiva Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

20. dotarice

dotarice GBAtemp Regular

Bahrain
    (cont. from previous posts) i am still trying to figure out the error code 003-11** i am experiencing with the n3ds ll.

i was planning to downgrade a person's 2ds today; it turns out i am having the same error code as that one too...

[​IMG]

at least i know that said 3ds is not broken... but at the same time i am still needing assistance to get through this problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,