• Views 4,573,898
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I have a friend's 3DS that I will attempt to downgrade through DSi exploit from firmware 11.0, my concern is that he has a game installed (Pokémon OR) but he bought it without a linked NNID, I asked him to link his NNID and he did, then I tried to enter the eShop thinking it may link his game but it asked me his password which he didn't povide to me, and I'm not sure if it was actually linked, and if I do the system transfer, would he be able to redownload the game when restoring his ID?
Thanks in advance :)

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your 2DS is brand new, it will have 6.0 on it. You will start from here to update to 9.2: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update then continue with https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew) and do all five parts (read carefully as you can skip a lot of it, it contains info for all firmware versions).

Edit: if it's the Yokai Watch edition, I think it comes with 9.9. In that case just start with Part 1 and continue from there.

To you and everybody else who responded, thanks for the info.
I ordered a Nintendo refurb unit (black/blue with MK7), so while it's probably still 6.0 (I think their refurbs are ones that havent left the factory and are problem units just off the product lines) I figured I should be prepared for otherwise.

So to clarify, I wouldn't need to buy a specific game for the hacks though?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a Nintendo refurb unit (black/blue with MK7), so while it's probably still 6.0 (I think their refurbs are ones that havent left the factory and are problem units just off the product lines) I figured I should be prepared for otherwise.

I think their refurbished systems are updated to the latest firmware. Brand new blue/black 2DS systems are on 6.0.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Unfortunately refurb units will probably be 11.0. I think the refurbed ones are ones people have sent in that don't work, and take too long to fix so Nintendo send them back a different unit, and then they spend a bit longer fixing these ones. Then when they're ready, they get sold.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PART 5

my controls will not go up/down.. only left-right. also, going to that website dukesrg my screen seems stuck on arm11.bin loading.

Everything was smooth till starting Part 5 (downgrade was last step) no errors and it rebooted fine (far as I know).

o3ds

Thanks,

ISO-Man

**** I skipped a step and did not go to rednand before downgrade... I'm screwed :)
Skylanders trap team has an update.. run it? To update my screw up or just put the 3ds on a shelf ?

Thanks,

ISO-Man

you are using o3ds there is no problem try changing arm9 and arm11 then try installing a9lh wtih browser if it crashes just press select

Fikatr, can you elaborate on what you are saying? I am not sure exactly what you want me to do.

Thanks,

ISO-Man

Last edited by ISO-Man,

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I would ask this here instead of starting a new thread.

I currently have my cfw o3ds using the full plailect guide, sometime next week I will be downgrading my n3ds xl, during the system transfer will games and homebrew installed on the o3ds be deleted or become unusable, if so whats the best way to restore it after the transfer, please tell me if the following is correct.

Just before the transfer take a nand backup and also backup the sd card from the o3ds, once I have transferred what I need to to the n3ds xl I then restore the nand back to the o3ds and use the current sd card, everything should be as it was, is that correct.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would ask this here instead of starting a new thread.

I currently have my cfw o3ds using the full plailect guide, sometime next week I will be downgrading my n3ds xl, during the system transfer will games and homebrew installed on the o3ds be deleted or become unusable, if so whats the best way to restore it after the transfer, please tell me if the following is correct.

Just before the transfer take a nand backup and also backup the sd card from the o3ds, once I have transferred what I need to to the n3ds xl I then restore the nand back to the o3ds and use the current sd card, everything should be as it was, is that correct.
I believe games should stay up

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been forever since I actually needed to emulate something so I have to ask, what's the best GBA emulator at this point? (a9lh'd n3ds) Also no I don't want to use injects, please don't suggest that.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been forever since I actually needed to emulate something so I have to ask, what's the best GBA emulator at this point? (a9lh'd n3ds) Also no I don't want to use injects, please don't suggest that.
gpsp (retroarch) and mgba, kind of.

gpsp has crashing issues if you use dynarec. mgba doesn't have dynarec so it's not always going to peform the best (but might be more accurate than gpsp).

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently following this tutorial on N3DSXL:

The problem (step #6)is after the second time I formatted redNAND in Tiny Format it just stays black after I access it through Luma. The tutorial does say it may take up to 2 minutes, but I've waiting a long time, but it's still black. The first time it took just 5 seconds. What to do?

Section IV - RedNAND Prep
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW (if you followed Part 3 of this guide, you can do this by launching Luma3DS from the HomeBrew Launcher)
  2. Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI) on RedNAND
  3. Navigate to SD then TinyFormat.cia and press A to install
  4. Press home to exit FBI, then launch TinyFormat using the home menu icon
  5. Press Y to format RedNAND
  6. Reboot back into RedNAND and complete initial setup without signing into your Nintendo Network ID
    • Be patient, this boot after format has been reported take as long as two minutes for some users!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind worked after the millionth time. my luck

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/
trying to follow this guide to build a .cia, how do i go about doing this with the Specs listed in my Signature, with like Luma and a9lh on 11.0
Check the last page or so of Decrypt9 and download the latest zip file. That can let you convert .3ds to .cia with just your 3DS. If you don't want to go that route, use Decrypt9 through your Decrypt9 Luma payload and use this:

1) Put your 3DS roms in the roms folder of zip file after extracting it.
2) Press "Create ncchinfo.bin file".
3) Move that ncchinfo.bin file to the Decrypt9 folder that should be on the root of your SD card.
4) Put your SD card back into your system and open Decrypt9 through your payload.
5) Go to XORpad Generator Options -> NCCH Padgen and let that do what it needs to do.
6) After that's done, unmount your SD card and move all of the .xorpads to the xorpad folder that was in the Simple CIA Converter zip.
7) Hit the Convert 3DS to CIA and select the folder that your ROMs are in.
8) The program will then convert them. If the program freezes or says it's unresponsive, don't panic. That's normal.
9) Put your newly generated CIAs onto your SD card and install them with FBI.

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the last page or so of Decrypt9 and download the latest zip file. That can let you convert .3ds to .cia with just your 3DS. If you don't want to go that route, use Decrypt9 through your Decrypt9 Luma payload and use this:

3) Move that ncchinfo.bin file to the Decrypt9 folder that should be on the root of your SD card.
4) Put your SD card back into your system and open Decrypt9 through your payload.
5) Go to XORpad Generator Options -> NCCH Padgen and let that do what it needs to do.
6) After that's done, unmount your SD card and move all of the .xorpads to the xorpad folder that was in the Simple CIA Converter zip.
8) The program will then convert them. If the program freezes or says it's unresponsive, don't panic. That's normal.
can you be more descriptive, what do i press in dercypt9wip
NVm

Last edited by Protatoxxxeater,

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just did the Fieldrunners exploit on my friend's 3DS and it turns out he has the same friend code as me. Is there anyway for us to play together even though we have the same FC? If we can't then is there anyway for him to get a new FC without formatting his system via system settings/tiny format?

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did the Fieldrunners exploit on my friend's 3DS and it turns out he has the same friend code as me. Is there anyway for us to play together even though we have the same FC? If we can't then is there anyway for him to get a new FC without formatting his system via system settings/tiny format?
thats how the exploit works,it would be best if he did format, you can also use this should work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you elaborate on this, what do i do in decrypt9
NVM

Last edited by Protatoxxxeater,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍 +1