f_Eyesbleedinm_853249a.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The warning should simply say
"WARNING, shit may get real, people may go blind, accidents may happen, but the 3DS is still awesome and you still don't wanna stop playing it"

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I can't really speculate this issue until I've used a 3DS. The 3D display could very well be disorienting and potentially damaging in the long run. But then again, as others have stated, this thirty-minute warning could simply be the latest in Nintendo's "Just in case" warnings that seem to be more prevalent these days, and the display could end up to be a very unobtrusive experience. And once again, it could all depend on the individual's eyes. Who knows?

No matter what, I guarantee that the press will be all over the 3DS with its first "victim", regardless of whether or not whatever side effects they experienced are typical or not. Just like that Dateline special about child predators "chatting online" with kids on Pictochat.
dry.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SPH73 said:
Yeah, that sounds a little fishy to me. Maybe I would believe you if you actually told us who these testers worked for, or what game they are working on.

Obviously you can turn the 3D off, so its really not that much of a problem. But I've also used that system for more than 30 minutes without any problems.

i do game testing on the west coast. the companies vary but are mainstream. the people i spoke with were either coming out of testing or testing the same game and they previously tested the 3ds. i can't say more because i signed legal contracts, as in i won't name companies or people.

i think people are missing the point. its not called the DS3, its called the 3DS. 3D is what is going to push most of the early sales and it won't go well if the system causes headaches and eye problems in young children.

-another world

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
NoOneDies said:
This is all to prevent getting sued. You don't have to take breaks every half an hour, nobody is forcing you but you are doing it at your own risk.

Yeah, this is no different than the warnings that are now on cups for coffee. "Caution contents may be very hot and could burn you!"

Just covering their asses that's all it is. If your eyes end up like this
wacko.gif
it's your fault cause they warned you.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
431unknown said:
NoOneDies said:
This is all to prevent getting sued. You don't have to take breaks every half an hour, nobody is forcing you but you are doing it at your own risk.

Yeah, this is no different than the warnings that are now on cups for coffee. "Caution contents may be very hot and could burn you!"

Just covering their asses that's all it is. If your eyes end up like this
wacko.gif
it's your fault cause they warned you.
This makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, since we are "a nation of wussies", and can't take responsibility for our own actions despite clear warnings, blame for 3DS eye problems will be heaped upon Nintendo. The only saving grace for Nintendo might be that other companies will release their own stereo 3D devices and divert the blame game from them. We're counting on you, Apple. Come to think about it, nah, they'll probably just let Ninty be the guinea pig, lol.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sort of expecting this when 3DS was announced. Though 30 minutes safety warning is a bit worrysome.

Hopefully 3DS won't be stressful to play.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
And yet kids can go to the cinema and watch 90+ minute 3D films without breaks...the fuck?
hmm... never realized this till you brought it up .
just safety precautions i guess .

next 3D movie that comes out ,
you'll be getting breaks to stand up and go outside to rest your eyes every 30 mins
tongue.gif

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This kinda stories is like bullf*ck to eighteen
dry.gif

It totally depends on the person who is playing it me suppose..

Me NEVER ever got even a slight headache cus of playing 3D Vision games for days in a row..(on max)
though when my friends come over and play them for 3 minutes (on like 20% depth), they whine that it hurts their eyes
glare.gif
.. (p*ssies)

Anyhoo
yay.gif
!!!!
Luckly there is a 3D slider soooo, if you really cannot handle the 3D effects you can put it to like a minimum depth to enjoy a few slight 3D effects but not really get an eye strain, me sorry
unsure.gif

and if even that gives you an eyestrain.. you can always play it on 2D....lol
glare.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
they are playing it safe but considering the distance between the screen and the people, the 3ds screen might have a greater effect especially if u are playing a game with too much concentration and sleepiness
u gotta test it before u consider playing ti for a long time

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
There just covering heir backs. There is a similar disclaimer for 3D movies and 3DTV. The whole under 6 thing was from a medical report a bit back. I'll link it if I find it, though I think it's something to do with the distance between your eyes.
Also, didn't the big N release a similar type of warning when the GBC came out? Might be wrong there, hough there was definitely one for Virtual Boy, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, im now by episode 8 of lain