3DS May F@#& You Up After Half An Hour

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good. I usually played for an hour or two then on a break for few hours before I can play again. I do that all my life ever since nintendo entertainment system and I do not have any problem. Listen to Nintendo because it could save your life. Stop being an ignorant or you will regret.
smile.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Personally I think it's wise of Nintendo is covering all angels. The more the cover before the system is released, the more likely people won't have an excuse to sue.
Now if some moron stares at their screen for 6 hours and hurts their eyes, Nintendo can be like, "We warned you months in advance."

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aren't eyes made for seeing in stereoscopic 3d in the first place??? Well, it's nintendo, they love their fanboys. blind fanboys don't exactly pay $$$ now, do they??? LOL. Nah, it's just a safety warning that, frankly, will be ignored by gamers everywhere.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
That's good. I usually played for an hour or two then on a break for few hours before I can play again. I do that all my life ever since nintendo entertainment system and I do not have any problem. Listen to Nintendo because it could save your life. Stop being an ignorant or you will regret.
smile.gif
You will also explode if you do not listen to Nintendo.
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Are Nintendo just covering their backs with this one?

Absolutely, they are. They compose all sorts of extreme-case stuff like that in all of their manuals -- always have and likely always will. They can afford to. They're not worried about the almost-nonexistent media this type of find may generate. They just want to make sure they don't end up with a "hot coffee" case brought on by some intensely stupid individual.

I seriously doubt most people will have trouble playing the system for prolonged periods of time, especially considering the 3D slider allows you to adjust the amount of 3D you're subjected to.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry but does anyone ever read the warnings you see everytime you turn on a ninty console?

They're just covering their backs like they have before.

If anyone has a seizure (bit far but you never know) and the guy had being playing Mario kart 3DS for 2 hours non-stop ninty have no legal worries.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
This remind me of another system they made once before, what was it?
virtualboy.jpg
At least unlike that piece of crap up there, this one has the option to turn the 3D off.
That thing had warnings that playing for more than 15 minutes will cause eye strain. When I played on it took 10 minutes, even the awesomeness of Wario Land VB couldn't make me want to play much more.

Like others the 3D part isn't really a draw for me, its the first in the next line of Nintendo handhelds that is enough for me. They have proved how well they can do the market from GB, GBC, GBA and then DS. 3D will be neat for a little bit but most of us will just turn it off after a bit.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I already posted this but, I played Advance Wars II: Black Hole Rising for 7 and a half hours. I had been up 14 hrs prior to this. When I stopped I moved my eye slightly and it hurt like hell! And I started hallucinating. Seeing different damage percent signs everywhere I looked.

I don't know what the 3ds is capable of health wise. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Eyestrain, one of the many wonders of 3D
rolleyes.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gaydrian said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
This remind me of another system they made once before, what was it?
virtualboy.jpg
At least unlike that piece of crap up there, this one has the option to turn the 3D off.
That thing had warnings that playing for more than 15 minutes will cause eye strain. When I played on it took 10 minutes, even the awesomeness of Wario Land VB couldn't make me want to play much more.

Like others the 3D part isn't really a draw for me, its the first in the next line of Nintendo handhelds that is enough for me. They have proved how well they can do the market from GB, GBC, GBA and then DS. 3D will be neat for a little bit but most of us will just turn it off after a bit.
That I knew. Really when I first read the warning, that's the first thing to come to mind, but unlike that thing, I realised that Nintendo had more time and did a lot more work on this one, as well covered all possible problems with this system.
Personally I can't wait for 3DS to come out, it looks like it's going to really top the previous handhelds.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Trouble is, we just don't know enough about the long-term effects of these things yet. It's certainly unnatural and very bad for your eyes, but so it TV, laptops and current DS's. Just these are even worse.

Just keep taking your 30 minute breaks and you should be OK.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
QUOTE said:
And yet kids can go to the cinema and watch 90+ minute 3D films without breaks...the fuck? Are Nintendo just covering their backs with this one?
Remember, the 3DS is a video game system, and thus will be subject to a disproportionately high amount of suspicion by any parent too old to have grown up with them. People distrust things that they do not understand. Nintendo understands this, and are dutifully prepared like the ninjas they are.
ph34r.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
QUOTE said:
And yet kids can go to the cinema and watch 90+ minute 3D films without breaks...the fuck? Are Nintendo just covering their backs with this one?
Remember, the 3DS is a video game system, and thus will be subject to a disproportionately high amount of suspicion by any parent too old to have grown up with them. People distrust things that they do not understand. Nintendo understands this, and are dutifully prepared like the ninjas they are.
ph34r.gif
We've had more than 30 years of gaming in the mainstream, you'd think most would be used to them by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: