Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Someone has reported getting bricked using 2.01, but that could be completely unrelated and/or unfounded. Just as an FYI.
Based on a report from a Mexican website, that mentions some guy's "friend" getting a brick using 2.0b1. Not even a firsthand account means it isn't reliable, nor can we ask about the circumstances leading up to the brick (assuming it even happened at all).

In any case, the bricking code isn't present on b1. You can still screw things up by messing with data management or system settings in emuNAND too much.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone has reported getting bricked using 2.01, but that could be completely unrelated and/or unfounded. Just as an FYI.

Or... maybe the silver one was just closer at hand?

Sorry, my eye for detail betrays me, and I think backwards too, that doesn't help. They grabbed the silver one because it was closer doesn't help me understand what happened to the blue one.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, my eye for detail betrays me, and I think backwards too, that doesn't help. They grabbed the silver one because it was closer doesn't help me understand what happened to the blue one.
It's probably sitting in the mountain of 3DS consoles that Gateway owns. They pick one and throw it in a video. Not that complex.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably sitting in the mountain of 3DS consoles that Gateway owns. They pick one and throw it in a video. Not that complex.

They have multiple for testing of different regions. Also, Gateway is a TEAM so it makes sense that everyone in that team has at least 1. They probably test each new feature on a seperate console to avoid bugs and/or errors.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to go to a Psychiatrist to get over this separation anxiety you have for that blue 3DSXL.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Based on a report from a Mexican website, that mentions some guy's "friend" getting a brick using 2.0b1. Not even a firsthand account means it isn't reliable, nor can we ask about the circumstances leading up to the brick (assuming it even happened at all).

In any case, the bricking code isn't present on b1. You can still screw things up by messing with data management or system settings in emuNAND too much.

yeah and maybe some 2.0b2 had that issue too ... It's known that some process will write data on both the real and the emulated nand so there could always be bugs :S

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2.02b and I just changed my birthday to get bonus attack on Mario dream team. If I am not mistaken I read that It removed the exploit and gives me the whole software did not open correctly and will restart. If I am not mistaken I just have to get my blue care and re-install the exploit?
Also I am at my friends place this weekend and Left my blue card at home. is there any other way to restore it?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 2.02b and I just changed my birthday to get bonus attack on Mario dream team. If I am not mistaken I read that It removed the exploit and gives me the whole software did not open correctly and will restart. If I am not mistaken I just have to get my blue care and re-install the exploit?
Also I am at my friends place this weekend and Left my blue card at home. is there any other way to restore it?

You can use any DS flashcard that is compatible with your 3ds firmware and put the gateway .nds file on it and run it from the DS flashcard

Reactions: CIH137

ludyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone here know how to format and reallocate that space that is inutilized when we create the emunand partition? Thx in advance;

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any other apps, which write .3ds files on microSD card? I have this(diagnostics) - SD card FAIL.

what are you trying to do?? you testing the rom for testing using emunand?? its going to fail its not a real file bunch of trash. I used a game wrote it to the microsd and ran the test again and everything was fine. just use win32diskimage

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Gateway today, downloaded the beta1 fw. Been familiarizing myself with everything, but now when I try to go into profile settings from gateway mode, I'm stuck on a forever loading 3DS screen. This may prove detrimental in the future should I need to update.

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Gateway today, downloaded the beta1 fw. Been familiarizing myself with everything, but now when I try to go into profile settings from gateway mode, I'm stuck on a forever loading 3DS screen. This may prove detrimental in the future should I need to update.

2.01b is buggy just reboot the system and try again.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have multiple for testing of different regions. Also, Gateway is a TEAM so it makes sense that everyone in that team has at least 1. They probably test each new feature on a seperate console to avoid bugs and/or errors.

yup all the team memers have different color 3ds xl's but they all have the same manicurist:P

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what does it mean if you write a rom to the sd card, stick it in the red gateway, stick it into the 3DS in gateway mode, and nothing shows in the gateway slot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @cearp At a plumber convenstion. Loads of cracks!
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A plumber is either on crack or in crack or showcasing crack
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or of course, dealing with cracks (in pipes)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @linuxares the dev just ends up at 0
    it's no worse than if you pirated
    it's probably better, because not all keys on key sites are stolen
    plus piracy is not always an option
    i heard a related story for a dev actually
    from a dev*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    DRMs are getting stronger these days
    they bought their own game on a key site and checked where they came from and it turned out they were review copies he had given out by email to someone
    *all* of them
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no storefront I'm aware of (at least on pc) requires the devs to pay for the keys they generate
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    they don't lose money doing this, even if someone decide to chargeback
    so that seems to be a pretty common thing, i kinda blame the dev for that one though as they were giving out like 5 keys to someone just because they asked for multiple copies for review for whatever reason and there were multiple people doing this. he should've seen the red flags
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @The Real Jdbye Yet devs tell US that they get charged possible charge backs? Its no idea we keep this up since I have to trust the devs more than key reseller sites.
    +1
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    (the chargeback is a penalty fee from the Credit card company, apparently around 30$)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i decided to watch serial experiments lain subbed bc the audio in the latin spanish dub is in bad quality (probably bc that anime hasnt been oficially rereleased with that dub)
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Winnie the Pooh
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Winnie the Pooh