Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
early days of 2014 :glare:

Since the main variable here is time, we can compare early days of 2014 with Day time, for example, I consider waking up before 11 A.M. early, so between 0.01 A.M and 11.00 A.M would be considered early, that's 45% of a day's time. In a year time, 45% would mean 164 Days, or roughly 5 months and 1/5.

My conclusion is, 2.0 firmware could be released from 1.Jan to 15.May, and it would still be considered early days of 2014.

I'm sorry, I'll have more sleep time today.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Since the main variable here is time, we can compare early days of 2014 with Day time, for example, I consider waking up before 11 A.M. early, so between 0.01 A.M and 11.00 A.M would be considered early, that's 45% of a day's time. In a year time, 45% would mean 164 Days, or roughly 5 months and 1/5.

My conclusion is, 2.0 firmware could be released from 1.Jan to 15.May, and it would still be considered early days of 2014.

interesting

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
they told about 2.0 FW "people can enjoy all the features before 2014 anyway" too, in Decembre 2013 befor of Beta 2!!! :D

boogiemantcb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is quite off-topic but it's mostly a friendly reminder, you are indeed free to speak your mind, however you constantly double post, which is actually against the rules. If you forget to say something in your previous post, edit it instead of posting another reply.

I'm quite curious as to what the Gateway team will try to do to fix all this mess and uproar going on, like it or not, their image has been damaged.
I really don't see how I was off topic. Was just updating from what gateway told me directly. I apologize for the double post. Some one asked me to post a screenshot and I didn't understand how to so it posted a really long pointless screenshot.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I really don't see how I was off topic. Was just updating from what gateway told me directly. I apologize for the double post. Some one asked me to post a screenshot and I didn't understand how to so it posted a really long pointless screenshot.

If you re-read my previous post, you'll see that I was mentioning my own off-topic by reminding you of the rules.

As for the double posts, in the past pages you've made plenty of them, like I said, it was only a friendly reminder while you're still a new user and mods aren't so strict.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll leave an advice here. You may want to load a DS game before downgrading from a bricker launcher, as there may probably be some leftovers related to it.

I'm saying this because of the following:
I stopped using the launcher days ago and as you may know, the content downloaded from the eShop from emuNAND remains visible in the real NAND.
Weeks ago I did an experiment that caused the deletion of my games and then I recovered them again; I would guess that when they were deleted, they would have been deleted as well from the real NAND, however they remained visible.
After that experiment, I downloaded more games from the eShop.

Yesterday, I decided to load a DS game, which caused the "DS Profile hack" to deactivate. After this, apparently all of the games I downloaded in emuNAND before the deletion are not showing on the real NAND anymore, the only content that remains there seems to be stuff that I downloaded after that.

Another thing that I remember is that the games that now are not showing on the real NAND and are the ones that got deleted once from EmuNAND, I recovered them in emuNAND using a backup, I didn't downloaded them from the eShop a second time.

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anytime you do anything tricky with a particularly complex piece of hardware you are asking for trouble. There be trouble here lately, so extra time should be taken to insure future trouble is at minimum. In the homebrew scene we are talking about working towards installing and running apps in user mode, which should cause little or no trouble for users. In the GW scene it is Kernel craziness where just about anything goes and a corrupted nand means a useless brick. These are like the lawless days of the American Wild West, a new frontier with a whole lot of promise and danger.

Reactions: untok

boogiemantcb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was hoping for the 2.0 update but they did come through with multirom. I swear they had another video without a menu system but it means they're close!!!

boogiemantcb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you re-read my previous post, you'll see that I was mentioning my own off-topic by reminding you of the rules.

As for the double posts, in the past pages you've made plenty of them, like I said, it was only a friendly reminder while you're still a new user and mods aren't so strict.
Oh I see what your saying about off topic. But what do you mean by double post??? I am new and want to learn the right way to not make people mad...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh I see what your saying about off topic. But what do you mean by double post??? I am new and want to learn the right way to not make people mad...

Double post is when you make two posts without having anyone else posting in between them.
Like what you just did right now:
dfe5745def3be92682aa849c17ecdd6b.png

Instead of posting twice, press the button under your post called Edit.

Reactions: misterb98

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I considered "early days" to mean anywhere from 1 to 14 days, at that point it becomes "early weeks"

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I considered "early days" to mean anywhere from 1 to 14 days, at that point it becomes "early weeks"
Yeah, we get it, they didn't have it by the time they said they would. Unless Gateway bricked your console, they don't owe you anything. Anything they do from now on is a bonus. I don't see you guys making your own flashcarts. What's taking you guys so long?

They're not giving a solid release date, most likely because they still have a good amount of testing to do. Whether or not they added brick code intentionally, they still need to make sure it's safe to use for their own customers. If you don't wanna wait to pirate, go to (insert torrenting site here) and find yourself some other way to pass the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: @Xdqwerty wrong it probably expired somewhere in 2023 most likely