wtf.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
zuron7 said:
I seriously think this is fake because any gaming company would have taken very stern measures to make sure their device cannot be hacked.
Or maybe Nintendo don't care about the DS games anymore.
Had you read the thread, you would have picked up on the fact that Nintendo did not add any protection over the standard DSi protection for DS games. The anti-piracy that THQ were bragging about is something that apples to 3DSmode ONLY.
And this allows for games/homebrew to run in DSmode ONLY.
QUOTE(Vigilante @ Feb 26 2011, 12:27 PM) That was incredibly fast,to fast and kinda suspecious.I wont just believe this until they give more evidence.
Oh it's real alright.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
I2aven's_Sage said:
FireGrey said:
Nintendo "The 3DS cannot be hacked"
lol

It's probably going to be along the lines of Sony's bag of tricks. You go online we ban-hammer you!!! The first page nails it w/ the auto-updates/wifi.

1. Nintendo are too merciful to ban people online.
2. Nintendo hardly make updates...

fix

Better be glad they haven start it that yet.

Antoligy said:
QUOTE(zuron7 @ Feb 26 2011, 12:25 PM) I seriously think this is fake because any gaming company would have taken very stern measures to make sure their device cannot be hacked.
Or maybe Nintendo don't care about the DS games anymore.
Had you read the thread, you would have picked up on the fact that Nintendo did not add any protection over the standard DSi protection for DS games. The anti-piracy that THQ were bragging about is something that apples to 3DSmode ONLY.
And this allows for games/homebrew to run in DSmode ONLY.
QUOTE(Vigilante @ Feb 26 2011, 12:27 PM)
That was incredibly fast,to fast and kinda suspecious.I wont just believe this until they give more evidence.
Oh it's real alright.
And dsi-mode Cyclo?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
KingVamp said:
FireGrey said:
I2aven's_Sage said:
FireGrey said:
Nintendo "The 3DS cannot be hacked"
lol

It's probably going to be along the lines of Sony's bag of tricks. You go online we ban-hammer you!!! The first page nails it w/ the auto-updates/wifi.

1. Nintendo are too merciful to ban people online.
2. Nintendo hardly make updates...
fix

Better be glad they haven start it that yet.
There is no method implemented in either DS wifi, or Wii wifi to allow for bans. That is what he based his statement on. However that doesn't mean they haven't implemented a banning system on the 3DS, after all there are no longer unique friend-odes per game, so I'm presuming it would be easier to blacklist friendcodes.
Anyway, this "hack" only allows DS games to be run, which I've already mentioned don't have banning implemented, so naturally won't get anyone banned.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Feb 26 2011, 12:32 PM)
And dsi-mode Cyclo?
From what I have been led to believe, DSiMode through the CycloDS iEvo only works with homebrew games.
But if commercial games work with it too, then yes, you will obviously be able to run DSi "enhanced" games. Once again, no banning system has been implemented with the DSi (although a firmware update could change that)

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Cartmanuk said:
If it runs on the DSi R4i wood maybe it can be cracked for the original R4 running on wood 1.26
Very unlikely, as it requires reflashing the header - something that isn't possible on an original R4.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Consodreams said:
QUOTE said:
Great, the expensive cards don't work but this one does!
It's a bit early, it's just a proof of concept but no binary has been provided. wait and see who will propose the real first hack.

Any reflashable DSi compatible carts can potentially work on the 3DS, it just so happens that this team were the first.
Costello has confirmed that the AceKard team have the AK2i working on a 3DS, and as nothing has been released from either team, they're at the same stage. Other teams are probably doing the same thing, too.

QUOTE(FireGrey @ Feb 26 2011, 01:09 PM)
I hope someone makes an emulator soon
smile.gif
Wow, do you have any idea how far away anyone is to being able to emulate the 3DS?
It needs to be fully reverse engineered, (read: hacked), and all the concepts need to be translatable... We're not gonna see anything like that for a verrrrry loong time.

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We all know this only let us play NDS games on the 3DS, but that's ok for now.
I can sell my NDS and play all the games on the 3DS and wait for a new card that can play 3DS games (if there will ever be one
wink.gif
)

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Ehh ill wait for acekard3
actually thats good name
since its 3d and its the 3rd generation of ds's.
unsure.gif

QUOTE said:
the Acekard Team has replied to my email saying that they have managed to run the Acekard 2i on the 3DS.
They said they need more testing before they can release anything though.

i just read this im sooo happY !!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk