Frostshocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Don't know if this was posted yet.

-snip youtube-
Posted it myself a few pages back it looks like there will be more and more cards appearing to get past the small block
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Aerow said:
Well since the 3DS actually has an forced auto update feature, I'm sure this will be blocked asap.

reason why i don't want to touch a 3DS because of these forced updates, i don't understand why anyone would want to buy a 3DS, i don't want to be told what i can and cannot with my handheld, all future consoles will be like this in the future.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
still hack is a hack...
ds mode is better than nothing now i can sell my dsi without worrying about finishing my unfinished games.

D

Deleted User

Yay!!
If one of the teams did manage to crack the 3DS mode, how would we dump the 3DS games? Also, they've cracked the 3DS (to an extent) before the 3DS is released over here!
What were Nintendo saying about not being able to crack the 3DS? Still, the 3DS mode will probably be a tough nut to crack...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
tyrran said:
Aerow said:
Well since the 3DS actually has an forced auto update feature, I'm sure this will be blocked asap.

Exactly right. This is the ENTIRE reason the 3DS didn't ship with the internet browser. They decided to give the pirates a month to show their hand, then drop the system update next month once the US ones get released, and create the old PSP pickle. The only thing that's more disappointing this time is that WE'VE SEEN THIS HAPPEN BEFORE, and still some group is going to get overexcited and shoot prematurely just because "omg we're first."

Additionally, and I hate to be this kid, but why the frig are we getting excited? This is one step forward, and two steps back. We can emulate DS games on the 3DS. Fantastic. But there are going to be a flood of 3DS games in the coming months, and a lot of them are quality. I'll just be depressed everytime I boot up this card and see those black bars that remind me "You're still playing a 2D game."

I wasn't surprised when my Acekard didn't load up on my 3DS, but I was also excited because it meant people would have to start working on something new. I didn't want an old car carefully disguised with spinner rims. I want a new car. Until we get a 3DS mode flash card (which is months, if not a full year, in the future) then I don't think anyone should throw money at the groups. It just encourages redundant and backwards behavior.

Man, that's a big two cents.

excatly, it's just going to be the same old boring stuff and no one will be bothered to actually do anything with 3ds mode, look at dsi mode that hasn't even be hacked properly yet, on top of that ds scene hackers are wasting their time hacking ds mode nintendo only need to press a button and all the exploits are gone, they have more control over your systems now with the 3ds it's going to get much more harder from here on.

after all, the scene hackers are making money off this so they will want to quickly makie a ds flashcart to make a quick buck before the exploit is closed, i have seen it happen in the past many times before.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow i cant believe this remember how we make fun that the first 3ds flashcard to work was gona be the R4 now it turn out it is jesus i better by some of this before the price goes out of control if the r4 can work this mean the other card can work too

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm referring to the people who are presuming that a new exploit has been found - this is just the same stuff as before.

Also jalaneme I agree with you wholeheartedly, the 3DS brings little to the table, and has even more limitations than before.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not too surprised to see this. From Nintendo's point of view the loss of revenue from people playing old DS (not even DSi) roms on the system will be more than balanced by people selling their old DS/DSi systems and buying a 3DS now that they know they can play (old) pirated games on it. This is great if you can only afford to own one system. Personally I wouldn't want to give up the huge screens on my XL, and I have sentimental reasons for keeping my Phat. Once the 3DS has a good list of killer apps I will add it to my console collection and start buying original games.

Playing DS games with black bars on the sides does not compare favourably with playing them full screen on the XL's beautiful big displays.

I think everyone should take a deep breath, count to 10 and consider the strong possibility that 3ds mode will be a very tough challenge for the hackers, remember DSi mode held out for a looooong time and still isn't fully cracked. Nintendo will have put a lot of money into R & D on the 3DS and will only start to recover that through strong software sales - consoles are historically sold at low-or-no profit for the first year or two of their production run. The 3DS hardware/software will feature the best (non-military) anti-piracy measures that Nintendo could buy.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Antoligy said:
Is it me, or are people really not getting that this is only a DSmode hack?
I feel you man.

Mini FAQ:
1) Can my flashcart run DS games on my 3DS?
Yes
2) Can any current flashcart run DS games on my 3DS?
As of now, it looks like only any reflashable flashcart that works on the DSi will be able to. The R4 DS team have confirmed their card works on the 3DS in DS mode and other teams are sure to follow suit.
3) Can my flashcart run DSi games on my 3DS?
That remains to be seen.
4) Can my flashcart run 3DS games on my 3DS?
This is the real challenge. 3DS games haven't even been dumped yet. And this probably won't happen for a long time. And it will most probably require a new generation of flashcarts. But don't quote me on that!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: