3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
I got in as a news staff. Lucky me I turned 21 then. Able to enter.
tongue.gif

Nah, I'll only be going to Tokyo at the end of this year.

Oh okay, that's cool. Who do you work for?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't necessarily mean 3DS is rush. We didn't even know the reason behind.

3DS was find on it own. It just selling like crazy again. This thing is not really need.

I think Devs push them for this because I didn't see a reason for them to do this.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
tongue.gif

That time I worked for a local news agent. (more like a magazine forum, it's kiddy and messy.) The E3 people were pretty reluctant to present me for entry.

I quit the job, now I'm continuing my education.

On topic: the cradle analog may actually do more good to the 3DS, now that I think of it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
tongue.gif

That time I worked for a local news agent. (more like a forum) The E3 people were pretty reluctant to present me for entry.

I quit the job, now I'm continuing my education.
I see, lucky you though.
tongue.gif

Anyway on topic, this news indicates that dual analog 3DS is on its way. Most likely
smile.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Delicious tears in the topic. lol

And there are people defending this shit. Seriously, I can't understand some people. When a lot of people said "Hey, Nintendo were very stupid in not including a second analog" Nintendo fans said "Not necessary".

Apparently, for Nintendo, developers AND most of the fans of FPS and games, it is.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Welcome to the internet Maedhros.
Haha jk.
But the fans are just all over the place.
Everyone wanted it to be released as soon as possible, but then apparently Nintendo rushed it out.
MAKE UP YOUR MINDS

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm just glad it's just an add-on. I won't want to spend another $300+ on an 'improved' console. Trade in prices here are also ridiculously low.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dingoo-fan 32 said:
99 users are reading this topic!
ohmy.gif

and learning nothing.

If this turns out to be for use only with 3rd party ports of existing console games (and 'new' 3rd party games that basically are just ports of existing console games), then that's fine because I admit it .... Nintendo's 1st party games are the reason I buy any Nintendo system. With the exception of some driving sims/games like Forza, I haven't liked the 'style' of games on playstation consoles or xbox since day-1. So, like the Mario Wheel on the Wii I'll buy it for the occasional use, and not let it get me all bothered.

But if Nintendo starts publishing their own games that require this add-on, they may lose me for good. I've got hundreds of (old) games on my to-play list.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
chris888222 said:
I'm just glad it's just an add-on. I won't want to spend another $300+ on an 'improved' console. Trade in prices here are also ridiculously low.
This is the next in the list (god, I hope not). If this shit is really adopted by developers, you can be sure as hell the next revision it'll will include a second analog + L2/R2 in it. They'll not announce anything in this TGS, because it would kill the sales of the 3DS in holydays.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Maedhros said:
chris888222 said:
This is the next in the list (god, I hope not). If this shit is really adopted by developers, you can be sure as hell the next revision it'll will include a second analog + L2/R2 in it. They'll not announce anything in this TGS, because it would kill the sales of the 3DS in holydays.
It wont kill the sales, it's Mario we are up against (Holiday Releases)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
machomuu said:
SpaceJump said:
machomuu said:
SpaceJump said:
Zerox8610 said:
chris888222 said:
Zerox8610 said:
Now.... they're adding MORE gimmicks to their consoles.
Er... whut?

Analog + R2 = gimmick?

I'm talking about 3D, the motion gaming fad in general and what ever the hell the Wii U is considered.
Not all necessarily the 3DS and such.

And I consider another attachment to add 2 buttons a bit ridiculous. Especially with the size of the thing.
Why is 3D a gimmick. It's a graphical and visual enhancement just like HD. In your logic HD would be a gimmick too.
It's a gimmick because it's not required in any game or part of the system. So yes, HD is a gimmick as well.
So you can add voice acting, lighting effects and many more things to the gimmick list as well. Seriously the word gimmick is totally overused these days.
Not when used right. Most people call things gimmicks when they attract people to said game or system. However, when referring to gaming it is what I said. So yes, they are gimmicks. You need to stop seeing it as if being a gimmick is a bad thing, it's not. You seem to be taking it as an insult.
The problem with the word gimmick is that nowadays it's used to negatively describe features of a system. Haven't heard anyone calling HD a gimmick till now. It was the same with the DS when many people thought the touch was only a gimmick, and now every system coming out including the Vita and Smartphone has one, the same is with HD and will be with 3D (smartphones with glass-free 3D just were released by LG). I call this evolution and development, some call it gimmick. Whatever...

Edit on topic: If the games supporting this cradle still support touch screen camera control, then I'll pass.
I agree, People often use it as a negative connotation, as sad as that may be. Most people just use it because they consider it small, insignificant and thus just a plain stupid attraction. That’s not how it works though. Most people use the word gimmick (in gaming) to mean an attraction in a negative sense, though that’s simply slight ignorance.

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
tigris said:
Also, lol Meowthemouse

First thing that came into my mind when I saw that retarded attachment, as if that small+big screen combo isn't stupid enough! I don't blame the companies that make this crap, I blame people who buy em.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SamAsh07 said:
Maedhros said:
chris888222 said:
It wont kill the sales, it's Mario we are up against (Holiday Releases)
Yes, it would kill the hadware sales. Just think a little man, if they announce the new revision now, why would people buy a new 3DS right now, when they can wait for the revision?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maedhros said:
Yes, it would kill the hadware sales. Just think a little man, if they announce the new revision now, why would people buy a new 3DS right now, when they can wait for the revision?
That's correct, if they can resist not playing Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart on release. Don't forget, human beings are an impatient species
wink.gif

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SpaceJump said:
Maedhros said:
That's correct, if they can resist not playing Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart on release. Don't forget, human beings are an impatient species
wink.gif

Also there is the problem with lots of hype. Even though people might not really expect anything from said games (yes I know they are Nintendo and Mario and shishl, but just an example(I like mario, don't get me wrong)), the hype makes it hard for some people to wait.. Plus that the current lineup for games isn't that spectacular compared to the DS/PSP, which at the moment have quite a big library of good games already released..

-Qtis

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Qtis said:
SpaceJump said:
Maedhros said:
wink.gif

Also there is the problem with lots of hype. Even though people might not really expect anything from said games (yes I know they are Nintendo and Mario and shishl, but just an example(I like mario, don't get me wrong)), the hype makes it hard for some people to wait.. Plus that the current lineup for games isn't that spectacular compared to the DS/PSP, which at the moment have quite a big library of good games already released..

-Qtis
Even Mario Kart and Mario Land wouldn't save people from not buying a hardware (they would still sell, for the people who already have the portable). There would be no need to buy one if the revised and better version were to be announced.

But enough of this speculation. It's not like it'll be happening anyway (or that's what I hope).

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thinking out loud here, but looking at my 3DS it looks like the thing was designed to accommodate this add-on from the beginning. The IR port on the back that nobody knew what it was for is positioned perfectly for communication with the add-on. Look at the add-on and notice it has a raised panel that mates up against the 3DS exactly where the IR port is. Now, look at the front and back of the 3DS and notice there are four rectangular notches (2 front, 2 back) that would be perfect for locking on this peripheral.

So, if Nintendo intended this thing to be used on the 3DS from the drawing board, then I'm guessing they also did not expect it to be used frequently (or to be mandatory), or else it would have been integrated into the design. If this is true, then again I'm guessing but I doubt the inevitable redesign, whenever it does come out, will be any different. Better screen maybe, better battery hopefully, but not dual analog.

That said, I'm very interested to hear how Nintendo presents this thing next week. The devil's in the details.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    What I'm putting down is you gotta be trashed first lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like if psi fucked the fish the quality of the eggs will probably come out abnormal
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had it spread on crackers, n I had Rum/Coke today. I like all fish and seafoods, but not that.
    Lol sorry Ken it was either the fish or your mom.... I picked the fish lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah still an abnormal egg came out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob smelled the same anyways
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd assume most eggs smell the same
    Lol Ken was an egg at one time!