Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I need some help with this accessory below:

I have a Nintendo 3ds LL (japanese version of the XL) and I've purchased a 拡張スライドパッド (extended slide pad) for monster hunter 4G.
I've put a new battery into it but I'm suspecting this thing doesn't work, so I need help to understand if this is the case, because it may also just be me making wrong assumption of what this thing can do.

First, when I'm in the 3ds main menu and press the ZL and ZR buttons on the pad nothing happens, I was under the impression that those 2 triggers where meant to work the same as the L & R buttons on the 3ds, was I wrong? Are those actually like an L2 and R2 on consoles? (and basically have no functions assigned to them in the 3ds menu)

Second, I don't have yet monster hunter 4G but I thought it would be retro-compatible and I planned to use it on my monster hunter 3G, but in game, both the slide pad's triggers and the stick do not respond. Is this to be expected? Do they only work with 4G? Or my pad has some other issue?

If you too have one of these, can you try this things out and let me know? ^_^

Last edited by Marcus Aseth,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I need some help with this accessory below:

I have a Nintendo 3ds LL (japanese version of the XL) and I've purchased a 拡張スライドパッド (extended slide pad) for monster hunter 4G.
I've put a new battery into it but I'm suspecting this thing doesn't work, so I need help to understand if this is the case, because it may also just be me making wrong assumption of what this thing can do.

First, when I'm in the 3ds main menu and press the ZL and ZR buttons on the pad nothing happens, I was under the impression that those 2 triggers where meant to work the same as the L & R buttons on the 3ds, was I wrong? Are those actually like an L2 and R2 on consoles? (and basically have no functions assigned to them in the 3ds menu)

Second, I don't have yet monster hunter 4G but I thought it would be retro-compatible and I planned to use it on my monster hunter 3G, but in game, both the slide pad's triggers and the stick do not respond. Is this to be expected? Do they only work with 4G? Or my pad has some other issue?

Does it communicate via ir?

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe the Monster Hunter Extended Slide Pad appears to the system as Nintendo's own Circle Pad Pro. I've got a New 3DS now and the ZL and ZR buttons do indeed work the same way as L and R on the Home Menu, but I'm pretty sure they didn't with the CPP on Old 3DS. The Circle Pad Pro needed activating before it would do anything, and the O3DS Home Menu wasn't programmed to see it.

In games that support the CPP, ZL and ZR are their own buttons. In some games they replicate L & R, or have ZL=R & ZR=L.

I have found a list of games that can use the CPP: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/75651075
MH3U is on the list, but https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65802027 says you will need to activate it in options from the main menu.

I have a Nintendo 3ds LL and I've purchased an extended slide pad for monster hunter 4G.

Reactions: Marcus Aseth

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's awesome @emcintosh, I've done as you said and enabled it from the MH3 option menu and it works indeed! :D:bow:
I would also like for it to be fully configured and work on the Home Menu, how can I activate it to do that?

Last edited by Marcus Aseth,

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Damn. And this is why I prefer emulation on a powerful PC. xD
Well, at least it works in MH3 and 4, that was the main reason for purchasing it after all, so I'm still happy :)
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can