• Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am so close ii am so close i can taste it. Im not editing the vjoy config because last time it just uninstalled the driver. All i need is start, where in most cases, would work the same as the escape key. My problem is, when i type ESCAPE into the .ini, nothing happens. I also tried ESC.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
i am so close ii am so close i can taste it. Im not editing the vjoy config because last time it just uninstalled the driver. All i need is start, where in most cases, would work the same as the escape key. My problem is, when i type ESCAPE into the .ini, nothing happens. I also tried ESC.
Which version are you using?
I added escape (and a few others) in my unofficial updates here, as well as the ability to use the D-pad as a D-pad. If you're using 0.6 then this isn't possible.

Reactions: Deleted User

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added escape (and a few others) in my unofficial updates here, as well as the ability to use the D-pad as a D-pad. If you're using 0.6 then this isn't possible.
i love you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

actually, in the new .ini, i can barely find out where to put the controls. Can i still use my old configured one?

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me? I can't get this to work no matter what I do. I followed the directions (changing the IP, changing the port, making sure all the files are in the right places, configuring my firewall), but it's still not detecting my 3DS or any button input. The 3DS screen is black, as it should be, but the .exe doesn't detect my 3DS. I know this question has been asked multiple times, but I haven't been able to find a good answer. I'm running N3DS 10.3 FW with Ironhax.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me? I can't get this to work no matter what I do. I followed the directions (changing the IP, changing the port, making sure all the files are in the right places, configuring my firewall), but it's still not detecting my 3DS or any button input. The 3DS screen is black, as it should be, but the .exe doesn't detect my 3DS. I know this question has been asked multiple times, but I haven't been able to find a good answer. I'm running N3DS 10.3 FW with Ironhax.
Does the command prompt say 3ds connected?

D

Deleted User

Is there a way to apply keyboard buttons for each directions of Circle Pad / C-Stick? Aside from Xpadder, it requires me to pay.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
actually, in the new .ini, i can barely find out where to put the controls. Can i still use my old configured one?
No, you need to use the new one (otherwise anything that changed won't work). (If it looks like I didn't hit enter then try open it with Notepad, Wordpad, etc. It's still a bit rearranged from earlier though.)
Is there a way to apply keyboard buttons for each directions of Circle Pad / C-Stick? Aside from Xpadder, it requires me to pay.
If you're using my update you don't need any other program. Just set Circle Pad: KEYS and set all it's directions.

Last edited by ~Poke~,

phalangery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno how difficult this would be, but it would be really cool to have a way to set up multiple 'profiles' so you could quickly switch between using the 3ds as a game controller and using it to control keyboard/mouse etc. Right now I just have a couple different .ini files saved and switch them out, but that's a little cumbersome.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats best controlls for minecraft if im using old 3ds since it only has one circle pad
The touch screen defaults to mouse. X is the E key, A is SPACE, B is SHIFT. R is RCLICK and L is LCLICK. If using the newer version START is ESCAPE. Anything else is up to you tell me if i missed something. Those were my controls on gamecube controller.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dunno how difficult this would be, but it would be really cool to have a way to set up multiple 'profiles' so you could quickly switch between using the 3ds as a game controller and using it to control keyboard/mouse etc. Right now I just have a couple different .ini files saved and switch them out, but that's a little cumbersome.
I have 2 .ini, and i name one 3dsController2.ini and i switch between them.

Micheleuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Everything works like a charm, but i can't exit the application with the home button nor using Start+Select (wich was the way i exited the application before i updated).
I'm using Ironhaxx with 10.3 0-28U.
It's a bug, or i'm doing something wrong?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works like a charm, but i can't exit the application with the home button nor using Start+Select (wich was the way i exited the application before i updated).
I'm getting this too. 10.1 N3ds with OoThax.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting this too. 10.1 N3ds with OoThax.
Start+Select works for me (10.1 E n3ds menuhax). Are you using hax 2.5? (Lets you use HANS, screenshot with home button, etc.)
If so, you can use it's generic way of escaping from any homebrew (L+R+B+Down). I don't see why start+select wouldn't work though.

If you're still on hax 2.0 it might be an incompatibility with the newer ctrulib this was built on (maybe? that's all I can think of that's changed.)

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the 3DS controller with the Dolphin emulator and the buttons work but for some reason I can't get the D pad to work in order to move around. I'm trying to play Zoids Battle Legends.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start+Select works for me (10.1 E n3ds menuhax). Are you using hax 2.5? (Lets you use HANS, screenshot with home button, etc.)
If so, you can use it's generic way of escaping from any homebrew (L+R+B+Down). I don't see why start+select wouldn't work though.

If you're still on hax 2.0 it might be an incompatibility with the newer ctrulib this was built on (maybe? that's all I can think of that's changed.)
I'm on a hax 2.5 beta according to the screen it launches with. A red dot and a blue dot appear in the bottom left corner when exiting 3ds controller with start + select. L+R+B+Down works fine though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo