3DS continues to sell like hotcakes in Japan, sales go up

paulfalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ LOL, the truth comes out.

Eh. we all live in a pig-headed world where "If I don't like it, it means that it's an abomination that people shouldn't be allowed to play" is the mindset to the idiot masses.

I'm glad I pulled away from that. You like shooting big guns and having some five year old brats cuss you out on live chat? More power to you, my friends.

Want to have love with your virtual girlfriend? More power to you, buddy!

Now, carry on, while I'm busy raising up a massive army of furry creatures of which I've spent money on purchasing each and every last round casing for!

Reactions: 1 person

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ LOL, the truth comes out.

Eh. we all live in a pig-headed world where "If I don't like it, it means that it's an abomination that people shouldn't be allowed to play" is the mindset to the idiot masses.

I'm glad I pulled away from that. You like shooting big guns and having some five year old brats cuss you out on live chat? More power to you, my friends.

Want to have love with your virtual girlfriend? More power to you, buddy!

Now, carry on, while I'm busy raising up a massive army of furry creatures of which I've spent money on purchasing each and every last round casing for!

Too true :).

Whilst I am not going fuel the PSV vs 3DS arguement that I am sure will burn in this this thread eventually.. I am really surprised that the PSP is still selling more than the PSV. I remember the PSP started off a bit shaky too at first, but that was likely due to the confused image they were going for. Is it a portable media device? Is it a portable gaming console? Whaa, it's both?!?

I was just expecting it would've gone stronger in Japan since the PSP did get a fairly dedicated fanbase over there.. It'll be interesting to see if the release in the West changes the figures much

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope Vita sales improve drastically, if only to keep Nintendo on its toes. A little competition will help to keep nintendo from getting lazy... and maybe will convince them to include 2 FREAKING ANALOGS in the future!!! Lol :-p

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't anyone ever post sales figures for NA or EU regions? All we ever hear about are sales in Japan. Just showing one region's sales figures can really skew things and make a console or game look like its performing better or worse than it actually is.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't it kind of sad that Love Plus is selling so well?
Being a dating simulator and all...
No, not at all. Some people like me enjoy games like this and have fun and then move on to the next, then there are those who take it far (there are gamers like that in every single genre) and marry their virtual girlfriend, etc. So it's not sad at all. Plus New Love Plus is awesome! Manaka

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So it's become crystal clear that Japan is infatuated with the 3DS and disinterested in the PS Vita

And so naturally people have decided to come to the conclusion that if Japan buys things they don't like, Japan must have bad taste.

Because your opinion is fact, of course.
You're Valosing when you could be Valwinning - simply admit that only one taste is correct and everybody else doesn't know what they're talking about.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
The bad sales of the PS vita is maybe because there are no really interesting titles for it?
Sure uncharted looks good, but people probably rather play uncharted on their PS3.

Depending on what game's the PS vita get, I might have to buy the vita too... I need to find money!!!!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because quality has a direct relationship with sales.
While quality not always has a direct relation with sales, sales are the best and pretty much only measure of whether a game appeals to a given target group or doesn't. Even "games" like Just Dance have their buyers - let's face it, Guitar-Hero-DJ-Band-Dance-a-Likes are simply good party "games", no matter how you look at it. They sell because many people enjoy them. Same with Love Plus.

You can debate as to whether or not a given individual is "sad" for playing a given type of games, but you can't debate the fact that they have a loyal group of fans.

Perhaps the fact that Dating Sims are a better product then actual "dates", but when you think of it, people "like" stuff like this.

Look at Second Life - some people are crazy about this game just because they suck at their First Life. Games like this allow achieving whatever is unachievable in Real Life.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I have played the vita. it is nice.
BUT

it doesnt have any games I would want to keep, and too expensive to buy a game that will be completed in under 20 hours and have no further use for... maybe LBP: but we have that on the PS3 AND the PSP already.
Its made out of glass god dammit! People break glass, people drop shit all the time. Broken screens are horrible to repair and not cheap... so you get a portable that is delicate and not so portable...
and here's the FAIL point for me... "Almost as good graphics and power as a PS3."
almost...
so I might as well get a PS3 which is also delicate and not portable... with better graphics and sound and ...CHEAPER!
it is almost a phone. I almost want it.
almost.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
BUT

it doesnt have any games I would want to keep, and too expensive to buy a game that will be completed in under 20 hours and have no further use for... maybe LBP: but we have that on the PS3 AND the PSP already.
Its made out of glass god dammit! People break glass, people drop shit all the time. Broken screens are horrible to repair and not cheap... so you get a portable that is delicate and not so portable...
and here's the FAIL point for me... "Almost as good graphics and power as a PS3."
almost...
so I might as well get a PS3 which is also delicate and not portable... with better graphics and sound and ...CHEAPER!
almost.

It's plastic not glass, it's not any less portable/durable than any other handheld that's around, and it's just launched so games will bulk out, although the lineup is already stellar for a console at day one. It sounds like no portable games machine would be suited to your tastes though.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ, the Japanese public like buying shit.
Just because you don't like it, or most westerners at that, doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Actually the 3DS as far as I last saw and heard was selling like hot cakes out here as well and is the highest selling system to date!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
BUT

almost...
almost.

It's plastic not glass, it's not any less portable/durable than any other handheld that's around, and it's just launched so games will bulk out, although the lineup is already stellar for a console at day one. It sounds like no portable games machine would be suited to your tastes though.

didnt realise its plastic... odd... since it is a capacitive screen so needs glass for the electric current... oh well.

and yes, I JUST got a 3DS last week. it suits me fine actually.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
and yes, I JUST got a 3DS last week. it suits me fine actually.

By the exact same reasoning - Why didn't you get a Wii instead?

based on my reasoning, the vita has no games I want, is selling at a daft price, is made of glass(or your new plastic screen invention)and is not very portable at all... the ps3 has some games I like, is cheaper than the vita, more powerfull than the vita, and also is not portable.
= ps3 win.
Staying in line with our conversation.. the wii is not portable, but is well built and strong. It has a huge collection of games I like and want (yes I know a lot are shit but at least a lot are great too)
on the same reasoning I bought a 3DS because:
It is everything the Wii is not. Hardcore games, full button controls AND touch screen, 3D games, 3D movies and pics, and is supported to the max by 3rd parties.
The 3DS IS portable, totally portable, made very well, I dropped it already by accident but with no breakages or damage. I had a 3DS at launch and I sold it due to shite games choices. Having got this new one I am much happier with the system (3d video player, 3d video recorder, 3d camera, 3d games, internet, more built in games, eurosport, and game demos) and around 6 games I really really want.

The PSvita is almost good, it is a great system to hold, and look at. But it isnt 3D.
In my eyes and a lot of other consumers... not 3D = not next gen. it is just a handicapped PS3. and the ps3 is cheaper and more appealing in every way. I already have a ps3, and that wont change yet. I certainly am not tempted by the vita at all. And I tried to be.
the only 1up the vita has over ps3 is the touch screen.

Because I have a wii already (it was cheap, very cheap, with tonnes of games, also cheap) and as I mentioned I also have a PS3 and a PSP and about 4 games each.
The Wii just got a massive price drop £79 in the UK. The 3DS is cheaper than a DSi and cheaper than a DSiXL. Nintendo restructured the price to make all options affordable for the average joe.
Sony are turning into a rip off company.
I understand you are a massive sony fanboy, and congrats on that.
But the Vita is a rip off as it is right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1