trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha i shouldv'e researched more when I decided to get a new flashcart, I opted for the R4i gold 3DS. not that im complaining about it, their hacking is top-notch, but now I've been reading that a lot of people are liking the SuperCard, especially since it even plays GBA games. oh well~

GBA and SNES emulations on Supercard is medicore. A lot of GBA/SNES games are playable, but all suffer graphic/sound/speed glitches that greatly distracts gaming.

I guess a lot of people don't know how to play around with some of the settings...I've played many games and have barely had any of the mentioned problems once I adjusted everything right.

Oh I did too. Setting CPU speed on full, adjusting frame skipping, etc. Still run into sound glitch, slowdown, and missing graphics during gaming. SNES emulations is better because SC team released source code, but GBA emulations is not so good.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha i shouldv'e researched more when I decided to get a new flashcart, I opted for the R4i gold 3DS. not that im complaining about it, their hacking is top-notch, but now I've been reading that a lot of people are liking the SuperCard, especially since it even plays GBA games. oh well~

GBA and SNES emulations on Supercard is medicore. A lot of GBA/SNES games are playable, but all suffer graphic/sound/speed glitches that greatly distracts gaming.

I guess a lot of people don't know how to play around with some of the settings...I've played many games and have barely had any of the mentioned problems once I adjusted everything right.

Oh I did too. Setting CPU speed on full, adjusting frame skipping, etc. Still run into sound glitch, slowdown, and missing graphics during gaming. SNES emulations is better because SC team released source code, but GBA emulations is not so good.
I don't know what you're doing wrong then. GBA for me is nearly flawless.

Reactions: 4 people

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe ak2i should wait for another two weeks before releasing 3DS 4.2 patch.
We have to wait for another 2 weeks for ak2i's patch?
Nintendo updates its system firmware more frequently than before.

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
wow when i got my Acekard2i from a retail store around 3 weeks ago i didnt even get to use it sicne the 4.2 update came and now theres already a 4.3.

When theres eventually a 4.3 update for the Acekard2i, do i just install the latest firmware or do i need to install the 4.2 fix aswell? and can these updates be made with a 3DS(XL?) only or do i actually have to go out and buy a used DS/Dsi console ? :S
no u just have to update the lastest firmware. if ur acekard 2i doesn't work on ur 3DS then yes, yes u will have to get a DS/DSi console to run the update

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I don't know what you're doing wrong then. GBA for me is nearly flawless.
Same here. All the games I play work with no graphical or sound problems at all. I'm loving the SCDS2!

MelRobayo

Trophies
XP

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again? WTH nintendo, i am so glad that the 3ds is not my only ds or i would be screwed, they never give up do they? i think flashcart makers need to make a ds flashcart that works on the fly so it can keep up with nintendo's blocks, it's kinda of looking unhopeful that if a action replay is ever released for the 3ds then you can bet your uncle that that would be blocked easily, i hate firmware updates.

Guess i'll be buying a new Flashcart soon.

Damn Nintendo and all these updates

always have a backup console to spare, i feel sorry for people who only have the 3ds xl and having to deal with this all the time, i will never trade in my dsi xl (even if i get a 3ds xl i will still keep it) because of the constant updates, i won't bother to update my dstwo this time, my 3ds is only for 3ds games anyway.

I do still have a backup DS Lite. Its still just kinda annoying having to constantly wait for updates other groups put out barely 24-48 hours later. And i dont plan to get rid of my DS Lite either

Still, just tired of back to back constant updates that literally do nothing but block flashcarts

Reactions: 1 person

machmandp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We were having a discussion regarding Ninty and the way they keep blocking flashcards and i think its actually a waste of time, i'll explain why

I will assume that most here like myself only use the cards for the games we would not like to lose playing from our DS days but no way we would we buy them as they are old
now of course most of us only have a certain amount of free cash that we can spend on 3DS games and if the Flashcards are blocked then all we are doing is either waiting for a fix or
having to buy another flash cart instead of spending it on a new 3DS game, the fact that the Carts cannot be used for the New 3DS games only supports this Theory.

so in reality all ninty are doing is wasting their own time working out how to block them and in return they are actually funding the Flash cart makers when we have to buy new ones
if they actually thought about it and if they didnt block them then there would be less purchased and the demand would actually decline.

i cant remember the last time i bothered to look at any ds games i didnt have before the 3DS and even if i looked there is no way i would buy a DS game when i could get a Dedicated 3DS game instead.

SO in all honesty i cant see why they bother

Reactions: 1 person

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://www.gamestrust.de/specials/news,nintendo-3ds-nintendo-warnt-vor-neuem-firmware-update,id20654.html

Theres a warning: If the update is done, all unauthorized things, can brik the system.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SO in all honesty i cant see why they bother

they bother anyway and it doesn't seem like they will stop anytime soon so my advice to anyone so you don't have to play the cat and mouse game all the time with nintendo is to have a second ds for just ds games and play just 3ds games on your 3ds, it's a no brainier and it's what i have been doing all along.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eeeeh.... my 3DS is at Nintendo for repair... looks like my Acekard is no longer usable for the 3DS. Makes me consider just buying a DS Lite and calling it a day.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Eeeeh.... my 3DS is at Nintendo for repair... looks like my Acekard is no longer usable for the 3DS. Makes me consider just buying a DS Lite and calling it a day.

It would be cheaper to purchase a Supercard DSONEi, you can update that cart without a DS/Lite as it comes with a USB firmware writer.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
just had the update promt on my 3ds when i opened it, cancelled it but will have to update later, i want to access 3ds demos on the eshop so that doesn't give me much choice not to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone