Gaming 3DS 2011 Item of the year?

YugiohX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether or not there is a psp2 next year im predicting Nintendo's new system will sell out regardless, and will the lineup they have announced so far it seems to take away interest from even the consoles. Next year or the year after a newer console will exist especially the way this are going now, and the main edge 3ds will have will be it's 3d that comes built in
grog.gif

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3DS already has more great titles then the PSP ever had
tongue.gif

So I think it will be Item of the Year.
And I heard that on Amazon it's 250 euro's. (around 300 bucks)
Better start saving up
smile.gif

YugiohX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great.....well at least we will be getting a resident evil with excellent visuals exclusive to the 3ds that can't be done on anything else for now.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the 3DS will speak for itself, once people are able to get their hands on one. I have a feeling the impact of the 3D, the graphics power, and great games will allow the system to become an instant hit. Word of mouth advertising will be enough to carry the system, so any additional marketing will be icing on the cake.

I'm already sold, because I get so much entertainment out of my DS Lite right now, that the 3DS can only be the greatest handheld ever made (IMO).

YugiohX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up on sony to do anything right anymore especially a portable psp could have been so much better, and i wouldn't even bother with it even though it can be hacked for free basically. 3ds is the only thing that has my attention at the moment as even console have lost their way, so here's hoping 3ds will be as good as Nintendo has been saying.

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, at the beginning of 2011, the psphone and the 3DS are the Items of the year.

At the end of 2011, the PSP2 is released...
Lets see what the future brings
biggrin.gif

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
the psp was such a dissapointment. Surley Sony must be able to do something better with the psp2? And the 3ds will probably be the item of the year just like you say =)

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm already so freaking hyped on this 3DS.
I just really can't wait!
I made like $210 so far selling my old video games for this baby!
tongue.gif

$90 left!
It definitely will be "the thing".
I'm so excited
laugh.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Jozef said:
??????, ????? ?? ??????!
English please, man.
We are an English speaking community.

according to google translate he said: Falling in love, buy at the start in Russian.

anyway yh should be console of the year at least, after all, it's the first 3d console which you don't even need glasses for.
although, i bet all these sony & xbox fanboys will be like: "Yh just cause it's 3d, it's just a gimmick and who wants 3d anyway?" then sony and xbox both release a console with 3d about 2 years later lol
laugh.gif
then the fanboys will be like: "but our 3d is better because... umm...."

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
That has to be the most obvious prediction you can make. Obviously the 3DS will sell out, even at the supposed $250+ price tag. It's the impact Nintendo has on the handheld market. And with this new 3D technology, it'll hit the market and sell out before anything. I highly doubt the PSP2 will be able to top the 3DS.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PSP2? Lol whatever, that junk won't sell much. The future of hand-held gaming is the 3DS, it'll rip the game market down and win everyones heart.....and money

D

Deleted_171835

ProtoKun7 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
2011 Item of the year?
It's only 2010.
Hence the speculation about what will be next year's must-have item.
After reading the title, it seemed like he was asking whether this is the 2011 item of the year.
I do suppose it's my fault for not reading the thread carefully.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
BortzANATOR said:
Jozef said:
??????, ????? ?? ??????!
English please, man.

according to google translate he said: Falling in love, buy at the start in Russian.

anyway yh should be console of the year at least, after all, it's the first 3d console which you don't even need glasses for.
although, i bet all these sony & xbox fanboys will be like: "Yh just cause it's 3d, it's just a gimmick and who wants 3d anyway?" then sony and xbox both release a console with 3d about 2 years later lol
laugh.gif

no joke
a sony fanboi on one of the 3ds trailers kept arguing with me for over a week[lal], trying to say that for ex.: analog stick is a gimmick as long as it's on 3ds but not after it's on ps or xbox
then again, another guy told that remaking zelda and starfox and things like that is total crap and nintendo should jump off a cliff blahblahblah, because nintendo doesn't care about old games, after i mentioned virtual console, suddenly he/she was silent

it's like until they don't get the new stuff, only horsepower in their boxes, it's a gimmick
and even when they get it, lots of time it fails hard [kineckt/move]

the psp2 is going to be nothing less than a more powerful version of a psp-go with touch screen
the 3ds is once again capable of many more things[motion-sensing/3d/tag/analog-stick,3d camera...] with a formidable processing power, 3d games won't look like crap anymore and games don't have to suffer because of too much limitation[dragon quest ix having 50% 2d enviroments mostly on npcs for ex.., or kingdom hearts/dementium2 spawning enemies]

if nintendo doesn't screw it up and we'll get the games we expected[and they predicted], there's a very small chance the psp will beat the N
i'd say nintendo doesn't even have to worry about the i-devices much, they are more like a moblie pda and not a gaming device with not much support from the better 3rd party developers

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wizzerzak said:
BortzANATOR said:
Jozef said:
??????, ????? ?? ??????!
English please, man.

laugh.gif

Haha Yeah!

Its like Kinect and Ps Move:

Nintendo Wii have done it, and Sony copied it xD

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
YugiohX said:
Whether or not there is a psp2 next year im predicting Nintendo's new system will sell out regardless, and will the lineup they have announced so far it seems to take away interest from even the consoles. Next year or the year after a newer console will exist especially the way this are going now, and the main edge 3ds will have will be it's 3d that comes built in
grog.gif
Well far as eighteen can tell..
IMO it will be MYYYYYYYY item of the year!!!
yay.gif
that's for sure
yay.gif
Me a 3D wh*re hahah
nyanya.gif
and a handheld freak!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(