Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
to support XP, just reduce the framework requirement to 4.0 instead of 4.5

There is nothing in there that requires 4.5 anyway

NB: this is compiled on Win32, so it should work for Win32 (duh)

Attachments

• 3DNUS_XP.zip
    68.9 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: cearp and Cyan

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Strange, this successfully upgrades my system from 4.5 to 9.0, problem is, I selected 9.2 :/
The download folder shows 9.2.0-20 as well.

Using the latest sysUpdate by profi200, 3dnus 1.9, and pbt cfw.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Working directly with sysNAND can be risky, there is no failsafe if something goes wrong and needs nand backup + hardware mod to fix it.
But it is possible to update, right? There are no problems with signatures and tickets and such?
I have a bunch of NAND backups should a slip up happen, all I need is the NAND mod.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MrJason005

If you must...

Take a spare sd card, format it to fat32, format emunand, use fbi or devmenu 6.20 to install your cia update to emunand and test if it boots.

If that boots, export it with emunandtool, rename it NAND.BIN and place it on root directory from internal SD Card.

Gateway can restore NAND.BIN with DPAD UP + A when entering Downgrade option.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you must...

Take a spare sd card, format it to fat32, format emunand, use fbi or devmenu 6.20 to install your cia update to emunand and test if it boots.

If that boots, export it with emunandtool, rename it NAND.BIN and place it on root directory from internal SD Card.

Gateway can restore NAND.BIN with DPAD UP + A when entering Downgrade option.
The problem is that I am trying to install Pokemon ORAS without GW to see if it is possible (Maybe I'll write a guide just for that, people really want to play those games)
So, I set up PBT, and I was planning on installing a copy of Pokemon with a legit ticket to sysNAND (so it runs on sysNAND), then I was planning on updating sysNAND to 9.0, so it would load the 7.X keys Pokemon requires AND be an exploitable firmware, so, once I'm done with everything I'll just inject my old 4.5 NAND backup.
With this method, I need to install and update via CIA. Now, I could go and try to inject my old 9.2 NAND backup, but then I'd need to mess with the NAND tickets and I have no clue on how those work at all, so I decided on using 3DNUS and update that way instead.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is that I am trying to install Pokemon ORAS without GW to see if it is possible (Maybe I'll write a guide just for that, people really want to play those games)
So, I set up PBT, and I was planning on installing a copy of Pokemon with a legit ticket to sysNAND (so it runs on sysNAND), then I was planning on updating sysNAND to 9.0, so it would load the 7.X keys Pokemon requires AND be an exploitable firmware, so, once I'm done with everything I'll just inject my old 4.5 NAND backup.
With this method, I need to install and update via CIA. Now, I could go and try to inject my old 9.2 NAND backup, but then I'd need to mess with the NAND tickets and I have no clue on how those work at all, so I decided on using 3DNUS and update that way instead.
Well, seeing as ORAS is one of the preinstalled games, gateway isn't needed at all to install or run them. FBI via ninjhax would work.

Also what are you talking about when you mention 9.2 and NAND tickets? Just restore the backup and install the game. From here it looks like you're trying to over complicate things.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, seeing as ORAS is one of the preinstalled games, gateway isn't needed at all to install or run them. FBI via ninjhax would work.

Also what are you talking about when you mention 9.2 and NAND tickets? Just restore the backup and install the game. From here it looks like you're trying to over complicate things.
Yes, but I do not own a copy of Cubic Ninja. I'm trying to test this theory of mine to run ORAS without owning anything but an SD card.
Well, about the tickets: I thought you could keep the NAND the same but switch the tickets, so it would have the same software as another NAND but still be the same NAND. I'm not really sure if that's how it works, I really have no clue.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrJason005

Pokemon ORAS doesn't work on 4.5 > Blackscreen to turn it off

Installing cia to sysNAND will update Ticket.db

You can do that with 3.2.1 Gateway - Hold B when entering Gateway Modus from
Gateway Menu and X to accept and it will load sysNAND instead of emuNAND.

Messing around with Firmware only to test it? ..........not worth it.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but I do not own a copy of Cubic Ninja. I'm trying to test this theory of mine to run ORAS without owning anything but an SD card.
Well, about the tickets: I thought you could keep the NAND the same but switch the tickets, so it would have the same software as another NAND but still be the same NAND. I'm not really sure if that's how it works, I really have no clue.
Ah, yeah that would be kind of a roadblock. You should be able to install it on 4.5 using CFW and update to 9.2 easy enough. Not sure if PBT/palantine butchers tickets or anything that would complicate things for you but probably not.

If you can install it to an emuNAND then rxTool's ticket.db dumper/injector would work for installing it to sysNAND, provided they are linked. Install game to emunand, dump ticket.db from emunand, inject ticket.db into sysnand, reboot and play.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ah, yeah that would be kind of a roadblock. You should be able to install it on 4.5 using CFW and update to 9.2 easy enough. Not sure if PBT/palantine butchers tickets or anything that would complicate things for you but probably not.

If you can install it to an emuNAND then rxTool's ticket.db dumper/injector would work for installing it to sysNAND, provided they are linked. Install game to emunand, dump ticket.db from emunand, inject ticket.db into sysnand, reboot and play.
My sysNAND is 4.5 though, that's the problem :unsure:
Can I update my sysNAND with 3DNUS-provided CIAs for a firmware update to 9.0?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My sysNAND is 4.5 though, that's the problem :unsure:
Can I update my sysNAND with 3DNUS-provided CIAs for a firmware update to 9.0?
You could, yeah.
  • Install the game to emunand using palantine.
  • Update emunand using the 3DNUS CIAs and see if it boots.
  • If it does boot then you could try having the gateway launcher flash it to sysnand. (I'd try it with a NAND mod to be safe though.)
  • If it bricks sysnand, you can download the firm0/1 partitions for the FW you updated to and manually add them to the NAND.bin, then reflash.
Rather than going to 9.0, I'd go to 9.2. It's more recent and contains extra features and bug fixes while still being exploitable. Also then I could PM you the 9.2 FIRM0/1.bin files should you have need of them.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You could, yeah.
  • Install the game to emunand using palantine.
  • Update emunand using the 3DNUS CIAs and see if it boots.
  • If it does boot then you could try having the gateway launcher flash it to sysnand. (I'd try it with a NAND mod to be safe though.)
  • If it bricks sysnand, you can download the firm0/1 partitions for the FW you updated to and manually add them to the NAND.bin, then reflash.
Rather than going to 9.0, I'd go to 9.2. It's more recent and contains extra features and bug fixes while still being exploitable. Also then I could PM you the 9.2 FIRM0/1.bin files should you have need of them.
I got complete NAND backups, I don't think I require FIRM files unless I'm missing something.
Also, why flash the game to sysNAND with GW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch