rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stereotypical brainwash and/or trolling comment
Just ... just stop... *facepalm*

I didn't think ISO/Android is going to dominate the handheld market anytime soon specially when they
are getting more phone features anyway.

Actually they sell because of the games. I am one those who bought an iPod Touch 4G so I can do some other stuff other than listening to music. The iDevices get exclusive games example: Dead Space, Grand Theft Auto, Sonic etc... Aren't those games also on consoles/handhelds?
Those games or either ported or "cut section of" console/handheld games which I rather just get on a real gaming device that
gives the full experience.
So they still get their even share of games now?

Plus almost anybody can program for the iOS and Android which leads to more games etc.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to also add that some of the games aren't ported, they have a new storyline and new gameplay etc... People you need to start admitting the iOS and the Android is becoming part of the gaming industry and is considered competititve with other handhelds.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to also add that some of the games aren't ported, they have a new storyline and new gameplay etc... People you need to start admitting the iOS and the Android is becoming part of the gaming industry and is considered competititve with other handhelds.
They will never be a major part though, most companies use a well known game and sell that for a quick buck. Just because everyone and their mother is going to own a smartphone doesn't mean it will be the main part of the gaming industry. It is not that profitable to just drop console support and sell your games for 5 dollars,
On-topic: I think we should be comparing the vita's sales with the psp sales.... it doubled the sales in the same amount of time. That is pretty impressive, and for everyone saying "THE 3DS DID BETTER" nintendo and sony don't own the handheld market 50/50, nintendo has a bigger slice and sony had a decent part of it all. Competition between companies is good because it forces them to try and be the best.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These numbers aren't bad per se. I'm still buying the system day one regardless but these sales numbers are rather disappointing.

Despite the fact that it launched at the same price and had a better variety of launch titles than the 3DS, it still sold less. Not to mention it was sold a week away from Christmas.

Maybe its the memory card thing I don't know, but something isn't right here.

1Player

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Poor predictable Vampy, you'll understand one day when you're old enough to buy games yourself.

---------------------------------
As for this:
I would like to also add that some of the games aren't ported, they have a new storyline and new gameplay etc... People you need to start admitting the iOS and the Android is becoming part of the gaming industry and is considered competitive with other handhelds.

99 cents app is not real gaming especially with all the commercials and in-app crap that goes on

Not to mention it was sold a week away from Christmas.

Christmas is NOT a holiday in Japan

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
3DS sold 371,326 in it's first two days and was considered to be a flop by many haters.
also it came out in Febuary or something stupid and the Vita is out now, at Christmas!
The 3DS had just as many games worth buying and playing as Vita has (2 or 3)
3DS didnt even have a proper online store or internet access.
If this was any other time of year these figures would be fine. Being that it is now the height of the holiday season I can see investors starting to leak a little wee.
Once the fanboys and early adopters own it, the sales will plummet. Once Sony reduce the price it will sell a little bit better, but not enough.
My opinion.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Poor predictable Vampy, you'll understand one day when you're old enough to buy games yourself.

As for this:
I would like to also add that some of the games aren't ported, they have a new storyline and new gameplay etc... People you need to start admitting the iOS and the Android is becoming part of the gaming industry and is considered competitive with other handhelds.

99 cents app is not real gaming especially with all the commercials and in-app crap that goes on

Not a holiday but quite a lot of influence. There's lighting in Tokyo (and even a gold Xmas tree in Ginza which I saw) and I'm sure there will be sales.

It's not a national holiday though.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country

As for this:

Not a holiday but quite a lot of influence. There's lighting in Tokyo (and even a gold Xmas tree in Ginza which I saw) and I'm sure there will be sales.

It's not a national holiday though.

True, but it IS still Christmas, and they celebrate it just as we do. They just keep working instead.

D

Deleted User

Well, if we eliminate the iPhone, the Vita's launch seems... pretty reasonable!

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Pretty good for just 2 days. o.O I think that since it's Japan, the figures are just at mediocre. That's me, though. I'm more than likely wrong.
Well, the Vita can be said to have sold more than the PSP at launch by more than 2 times.
tbh, apart from a couple of games, the PSP launch - and the two years leading - wasn't that great.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
from all the hype i was seen i was expecting it to out sell the 3DS o well

Nintendo showing us again why the are the 1st in handhelds and this is been compare to the 3DS when it was 250 dollars imagine now that is cheaper i don't think the vita will ever catch up with the 3DS

3DS sold 371K in first two days, so what?

so it sold more that is what

when I wrote it, it had just vita numbers

D

Deleted_171835

sMjPv.png

Bomba.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS sold 371,326 in it's first two days and was considered to be a flop by many haters.
also it came out in Febuary or something stupid and the Vita is out now, at Christmas!
The 3DS had just as many games worth buying and playing as Vita has (2 or 3)
3DS didnt even have a proper online store or internet access.
If this was any other time of year these figures would be fine. Being that it is now the height of the holiday season I can see investors starting to leak a little wee.
Once the fanboys and early adopters own it, the sales will plummet. Once Sony reduce the price it will sell a little bit better, but not enough.
My opinion.

It was considered a flop because of sales after that. It kinda dropped down significantly and was still rather shit in sales until the price drop. It had some small peaks with Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64 but otherwise it was still not great post launch.

Also, same people who think the Vita didn't sell "well" currently are the same people who think the PSP is a "failure" because it only sold like 50+ million units. SUCH A FLOP.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Also, same people who think the Vita didn't sell "well" currently are the same people who think the PSP is a "failure" because it only sold like 50+ million units. SUCH A FLOP.

71 million, to be exact.

>inb4 Valwin and HURR DURR DAT LESS THAN DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.