Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games or either ported

oot3dbigbox.jpg

or "cut section of" console/handheld games which I rather just get on a real gaming device that
gives the full experience.

resident_evil_the_mercenaries_3D_box_art_large.jpg

While not on topic at all, the joke had to be made.

>inb4 "NOT PORTS JUST REMAKES" and "IT'S MORE THAN JUST A CUT OUT SECTION OF A GAME".

I won't take this complete aside any farther though, only for comedic purposes. DERAIL DENIED.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This just proves that the Vita is not something to be taken lightly, true 3DS will sell exceptionally well in the coming months because of the waves of highly anticipated titles. Even so, Vita has sold nearly the same units as the 3DS which is something Sony should be proud of. This time their Vita means business.....this time we'll enjoy the 3DS v. Vita battles :)

Please people keep the DS and PSP aside, their marathon run is over they're old gen now, the 3DS and Vita are the now.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
guys.
wait for the next sales report
Kyary bought a Vita and posted it on her blog, now all the older males in Japan will go and buy one

so, Nintendo doomed.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
guys.
wait for the next sales report
Kyary bought a Vita and posted it on her blog, now all the older males in Japan will go and buy one

so, Nintendo doomed.
Lol I always pictured you as that Kyary girl in real life. Ah well.

Nintendo doomed? Nah, Sony and Nintendo complete each other, if one goes down other will follow suit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 321k? Damn, that's actually pretty low. What about all those stories about 700,000 units shipped? 321k is less than the 3DS, which was totally overpriced and a massive flop.

I think you have the definition of "flop" wrong.

The Virtual Boy was a flop.

The Adventures of Pluto Nash was a flop.

The 3DS is not a flop, especially with the recent price cut and actual games getting released for it that weren't ports/remakes.

EDIT: Also "selling on a loss" only really digs you into the shit when you can't sell software/accessories to fill in the gap. 3DS software recently has sold rather well.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Only 321k? Damn, that's actually pretty low. What about all those stories about 700,000 units shipped? 321k is less than the 3DS, which was totally overpriced and a massive flop.
3DS outsells the DS first year.

Before you make assumptions kiddo, learn to do some research & learn the meaning of flop.

Everyone considers the 3DS a flop. Nintendo is losing money on each unit sold. Drastic fire sale price cuts just weeks after launch are responsible for the increase in sales.

And that only makes Sony's failure look worse in comparisson. The 3DS launch price was a rip off. The Vita launch price is actually fairly reasonable. Its just too bad the Vita wont be profitable for THREE YEARS

http://jp.reuters.co...-21584220110608
Everyone? Who here in this site agrees with your assumptions? Who in the world agrees that the 3DS is a flop? Sony fanboys and those Apple fans who think that owning an iPhone means they own the gaming world.

Flop = To fail completely.

3DS is selling at a triple rate, and talking about selling at loss, Guild has put it perfectly.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Going off numbers for the first 2 days isn't enough to decide if it is a flop. Give it more time. As has been known, the 3DS sold more in its first 8 months than the DS did in its first year, but was doing rather poorly during the first few months. Take the same approach for the Vita, and don't count it as a flop.

D

Deleted User

The 3DS is not a flop, especially with the recent price cut and actual games getting released for it that weren't ports/remakes.

EDIT: Also "selling on a loss" only really digs you into the shit when you can't sell software/accessories to fill in the gap. 3DS software recently has sold rather well.
Virtual Boy was not a flop.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, it was a fail.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, it was a fail.
48-transformers-facepalm.jpg

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't know why this surprises people.

The 3DS will always sell better than the PS Vita because the casual crowd outnumber the core gamers
That's why games like angry birds sold so well

With the 3DS you have kids, girls, moms, and grandmas buying it, while the PS Vita is only bought by core gamers
So what you're saying is that Men don't buy it?
Well you're wrong...
And there are plenty of Core gamers buying Nintendo consoles.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

.................... explain

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else sick of hearing "hardcore" being used to sell a damn handheld/console? If you were a hardcore gamer you'd be out building the bleeding edge PC running the newest games at max settings, not buying a console/handheld with years old tech. Deal with it.

EDIT: And yes, Virtual Boy WAS a flop which is why there was only about 5 games for it before it was shortly discontinued. Technically the N64 falls into the "flop" category as well. :tpi:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of people were interested in the vita seven or eight months ago. however, over the past month or two, it has looked less and less appealing (rebuying psp games, overpriced proprietary format, initial lack of ps 1 support (one of the biggest reasons the psp sold as many as it did), long loading times with certain games, etc). personally, the first two seem the most problematic especially considering some psp games reach 2GB; with the new format, the cost would increase $15 on top of the cost of the psp game itself.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Is anyone else sick of hearing "hardcore" being used to sell a damn handheld/console? If you were a hardcore gamer you'd be out building the bleeding edge PC running the newest games at max settings, not buying a console/handheld with years old tech. Deal with it.

EDIT: And yes, Virtual Boy WAS a flop which is why there was only about 5 games for it before it was shortly discontinued. Technically the N64 falls into the "flop" category as well. :tpi:
The N64 wasn't a flop, there were heaps of good games for it.
Super Mario 64, Zelda OoT, Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64. There are more but I haven't listed them all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: