Hacking 300in1 wiped!

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I bought a 300in1 game off Etsy a few months ago. I tried to add a game to it, as it came with the usb and everything g I needed. Then all of a sudden the whole thing wiped? Must of cleared the whole thing!! Does anyone know if I can start the whole thing from scratch? Or what firmware I’ll need? I’m so clueless about the whole thing (that’s why I bought a ready done one!) I have no idea where to start or what to do! Any help would be great! I’ve lost hundreds of hours of gameplay

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I bought a pre loaded R4 with 300 games on it. I tried to add one game to it as a usb game with us to do so but I ended up wiping the whole thing! I need to redo the whole thing but I have no idea where to start! I also have no idea what type of R4 it is as it has a sticker over it! I’ve lost hundreds of hours of gameplay! Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before you do anything else see if you can recover the data from the SD card
https://recuva.en.softonic.com/

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Make sure to recover to your main PC hard drive or another USB drive or something -- if you try to recover to the SD card you are trying to get data back for then you risk overwriting the data you want.

I don't know what you would have done to wipe it (possibly selected all and moved or something) but the data is still there in most cases and can be brought back.

After that if that does not work we are going to need to find out what type of R4 it is. There are any number of them and they often work in different ways/need different files.

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is what the chip looks like and what came with it! :)

Attachments

• 3C1FB113-40FE-4648-B62F-C45736F21ACC.jpeg
    3C1FB113-40FE-4648-B62F-C45736F21ACC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 243

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is what the chip looks like and what came with it! :)
could be it is nds9 happy set restickered but i doubt the website is still the same site. i don't trust the setup they provide now.
it shouldn't carry an .exe setup file for your card.
they resticker it to get passed customs.
can jou make a picture of the backside of the card mainly at the ds connection side sometimes is printed a website.
if not, could you open the case to see the chip (it's most likely click system, sometimes there is one screw hidden behind a sticker.
i checked the source: most likely r4 carts uk.
they only seem to sell from: www.r4isdhc.com

Last edited by JaapDaniels, , Reason: hope that helps
Reactions: Hazelgirl98

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is what came up! I added the English kernel? And one game! Do I need to add anything else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 250

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what came up! I added the English kernel? And one game! Do I need to add anything else?

It looks like the menu files couldn't be found. What firmware did you use?

Also, make sure you installed it correctly. In the micro sd card's root directory, there should be a file named "R4.dat" and another named "R4iMenu", or something along those lines.

Also, can you take a picture of the card's backside? They used different pcb colors for different years and models.

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is the back of the chip! I downloaded a firmware called R4i-v4-on-English.zip, extracted it.. put it on the sd with a game.. It still did nothing ‍♀️ I’m close to just giving up lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 199

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what’s on the sd at the moment. There is an r4.dat and a r4i menu :)

You need to move everything from the "R4i-V4-0b-English" folder back a level.

So just go into that folder, select everything, cut, then go back up a folder level (Alt + Left or Alt + Up, shortcuts), and paste those files.

So, your sd card should have the "R4.dat" file, the "R4iMenu" folder and whatever other folders they included.

Hazelgirl98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok so I did that and this is what I have now? Does that look right? Thank you so much for this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 242

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It’s worked!! Thank you soooo much is it the same for game boy games? :)
You mean GBA? You need a slot-2 cart to run those natively in GBA mode (like an EZFlash Omega, or an EZFlash 3-in-1 if you can still find one of those, the Omega is better though) but you can try GBARunner2, it's not perfect but it works from NDS mode.
GB(C) you'll have to download an emulator for.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E