3.1U to 3.2U upgrade help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spritefreak, Jan 7, 2009.

Jan 7, 2009

3.1U to 3.2U upgrade help by spritefreak at 7:30 PM (1,523 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. spritefreak
    OP

Member spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Correct me if I am wrong, but are there two ways to upgrade my version??
    1. Any Region Changer
    2. cIOS Downgrade

What are the differences and is one safer than the other?

Thanks in advance

Also...is Any Region Changer easier to install? I have been reading various threads about it and it warns about changing regions and video and game mode...all I want to do is upgrade to get my firmware to 3.2U

2. ashesburn

Member ashesburn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Any Region Changer allows you to install 3.2 firmware only.

cIOS Downgrader allows you to install any firmware.

I've tried Any Region Changer to switch from 3.2J to 3.2U. Not that hard. Any if you only wish to install 3.2U only, there shouldn't be any problems. But it does require internet connection.

I'm not sure about cIOS Downgrader though. Haven't tried it. But I think you might need internet connection too.

3. screamq3

Member screamq3 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    anyregionchanger is simple, ive used it to downgrade/upgrade many wii's all you need is wifi and anyregionchanger does it all for you [​IMG]

4. spritefreak
    OP

Member spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Once 3.2U is installed, will I need anything else to be able to use Starfall and Back Loader Gamma? (ie cIOS36 rev7)

5. screamq3

Member screamq3 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    all you need for starfall is starfall [​IMG], as for backup loader just get the latest cios files

6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    all of the aplications doing and upgrade downgrade are pretty much automatic once you tell them wich version you want on your system, if your toughts are that you need to install something and check a code hidded somewhere and then google it just to type a one digit number back on your wii then taking out the SD for doing the premodulification of the psicoxotromic schaleer, then I would say it is pretty Damn easy, that's why no one has made a video of showing you how to do it, cause it would be soooooo borring to see a guy pressing the A button like, 2 times, and then watch at the screen for 15 or less minutes, depending on your speed, while the aplication is doing is job, just to see at the end of the procces the Wii restarts himself...!!! [​IMG]