Hacking 3.1U to 3.2U upgrade help

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I am wrong, but are there two ways to upgrade my version??
1. Any Region Changer
2. cIOS Downgrade

What are the differences and is one safer than the other?

Thanks in advance

Also...is Any Region Changer easier to install? I have been reading various threads about it and it warns about changing regions and video and game mode...all I want to do is upgrade to get my firmware to 3.2U

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Any Region Changer allows you to install 3.2 firmware only.

cIOS Downgrader allows you to install any firmware.

I've tried Any Region Changer to switch from 3.2J to 3.2U. Not that hard. Any if you only wish to install 3.2U only, there shouldn't be any problems. But it does require internet connection.

I'm not sure about cIOS Downgrader though. Haven't tried it. But I think you might need internet connection too.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
anyregionchanger is simple, ive used it to downgrade/upgrade many wii's all you need is wifi and anyregionchanger does it all for you
smile.gif

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once 3.2U is installed, will I need anything else to be able to use Starfall and Back Loader Gamma? (ie cIOS36 rev7)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
all of the aplications doing and upgrade downgrade are pretty much automatic once you tell them wich version you want on your system, if your toughts are that you need to install something and check a code hidded somewhere and then google it just to type a one digit number back on your wii then taking out the SD for doing the premodulification of the psicoxotromic schaleer, then I would say it is pretty Damn easy, that's why no one has made a video of showing you how to do it, cause it would be soooooo borring to see a guy pressing the A button like, 2 times, and then watch at the screen for 15 or less minutes, depending on your speed, while the aplication is doing is job, just to see at the end of the procces the Wii restarts himself...!!!
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small