Not open for further replies.

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
gorilla said:
The directions should be changed to better show what to do with lower versions like 3.1u. They are still misleading and most people won't read this whole thread.

You don't NEED to upgrade to 3.4 from 3.1 then downgrade to 3.2. Its possible, but doing this part...

QUOTE said:
+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

Then step 2 works just fine for people doing this from 3.1 versions.

I followed the steps to upgrade from 3.1u to 3.2u..
Still, I can't run Mega Man 9 ...anyone know why ? It does work on a wii that had the 3.3 update and was downgraded to 3.2..
I haven't done the 3.3u safe update (wii shop channel fix)..
Is it missing an ios ?

D

Deleted User

You should've searched...

Megaman 9 requires certain IOS. I'm not sure what, but it does require a certain IOS. Try googling

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
it does seem to need ios37 ..thx anyway
wink.gif

Stormbringer79

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having problems with startfall, press B+1 to get to the next screen but it says failed.... exiting everytime.

Anyone have any suggestions please??

Thanks a lot

Stormbringer79

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the guide,

Installed homebrew,
Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad,
Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad,
Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete,
Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel to 3.2e,
Load Starfall with Homebrew Channe

And here is where I get stuck.

Should I try the whole process apart from the firmware downgrade again???

Thanks

Please disregard this post, I have redone the IOS downgrade and now starfall is starting up so am installing it now.

Thanks for the reply thought, nice to know there is people out there willing to help if needed.
biggrin.gif

Powerslave

Trophies
XP
Country
Worked perfectly! Great tutorial
Thank you to everyone for the various guides, but especially to EmperorOfCanada
grog.gif

Wezkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi ive recently followed this tutorial and it worked perfectly on my wii. Im now trying to do this tutorial for a friend but it doesn't seem to be working. He has 3.1 firmware so i started from step 2. When I try to load cios downgrader the wii simply resets. Is there something I have done wrong?

rednano12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here. Excellent guide. Followed it to a t and there were no problems
yaynds.gif
However, for my own reasons, I would like to completely undo all of this. Is this possible?

D

Deleted User

run cios uninstaller.

Run WAD Manager and wipe off Backup Launcher.

Delete HBC from data management.

UPDATE!

altech12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed this to a t but im haveing a problem loading games.I can load some like face breaker and mario super gallaxy
but when i load others like bat man of mario party 8.I just get a green screen for a sec then it goes black. Im using Verbatim dvd-r and have used maxell dvd-r disk.same thing happens.

aauwilldie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works great i just have one problem now went and bought drum set for rock band and a guitar it will not sync seems like nothing i use through the usb works tried it on other wii's tooo still same problem thought i got bad equipment sent it back got new and the same thing is there a fix for this THANKS

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
cant get this to work i initially installed homebrew via dummies method so on my sd card i have WM 1.3 AND WM1.3 IOS16 in apps and ios 16 , ios 16-64-257, cios 249 IN WADS . i decided to use eoc files and put them on another sd rather than mess with my other card.
Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad, OK
Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad, ERROR RETURNED 1035.......

D

Deleted User

REALDEAL said:
cant get this to work i initially installed homebrew via dummies method so on my sd card i have WM 1.3 AND WM1.3 IOS16 in apps and ios 16 , ios 16-64-257, cios 249 IN WADS . i decided to use eoc files and put them on another sd rather than mess with my other card.
Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad, OK
Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad, ERROR RETURNED 1035.......

Try WAD Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hitler would've made a decent a rapper