Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i was upgrading my cousin's wii .. i tried 2 games that work ok on mine, and on yet another cousin's wii..

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blitzxp said:
i was upgrading my cousin's wii .. i tried 2 games that work ok on mine, and on yet another cousin's wii..
It could still be media. Some wiis are more picky than others (eg my only reads tesco dvds form the 6 brands I've tried, while my friend's reads anything)

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
all right, i'll test some more discs..thanks hanikazmi..

but did i understand correctly? if i use cios downgrader no matter on what system i am, i'll upgrade/downgrade to whatever i select? if different media doesn't work, should i upgrade with cios downgrader to 3.3u and use the guides to downgrade again (all ios and cios) to 3.2u?? i'm thinking that would ensure that if i'm missing some ios or cios i'll get them ..wouldn't it ??

i can't quite understand what ios downgrader does..not cios downgrader, but ios downgrader.. any clarification would be greatly appreciated.. does it download specific ios that still have the trucha bug ??

Hibern

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, thanks for the tut.

I've just bought a Wii + Zelda. It's version 3.3E.
I've added connection to internet, it said it works.
But then i tried to update to 3.4 and it didn't seem to work, the progress bar was stuck, so i cut the internet to cancel the update.
According to what i read i need a working connection to hack my Wii.
Can i test it with WiiConnect24 ? It says that if i agree with the conditions they'll make automatic updates, so i dare not agree.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blitzxp said:

but did i understand correctly? if i use cios downgrader no matter on what system i am, i'll upgrade/downgrade to whatever i select? if different media doesn't work, should i upgrade with cios downgrader to 3.3u and use the guides to downgrade again (all ios and cios) to 3.2u?? i'm thinking that would ensure that if i'm missing some ios or cios i'll get them ..wouldn't it ??

i can't quite understand what ios downgrader does..not cios downgrader, but ios downgrader.. any clarification would be greatly appreciated.. does it download specific ios that still have the trucha bug ??
You shouldn't need to do that, but yes it will work. IOS downgrer patches the trucha bug in.com

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hibern said:
Hello, thanks for the tut.

I've just bought a Wii + Zelda. It's version 3.3E.
I've added connection to internet, it said it works.
But then i tried to update to 3.4 and it didn't seem to work, the progress bar was stuck, so i cut the internet to cancel the update.
According to what i read i need a working connection to hack my Wii.
Can i test it with WiiConnect24 ? It says that if i agree with the conditions they'll make automatic updates, so i dare not agree.

You don't need internet connection to hack your wii. And 3.4 is the last thing you need when you want to hack your wii. If your Wii asks you to update, why do you click yes/ok?

(red button "don't push" syndrome i guess)

Mday

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello friends!

Im trying to make my Wii ready for backups, but im having trouble. Alot, even. I have installed 3.4e, then the complete guide with the twilight hack, but i got a load of 1017 errors when downgrading with the IOS downgrader. After a couple of tries the errors went away, and there was nothing left to do. Whenever i choose IOS downgrader and press A to start it, it just says i need to restart. So i did. However, my firmware is still on 3.4E (according to my wii setup panel).

Now, someone said i should run the cIOS downgrader (v1.2) after that. But then i get a list of alot of versions, but no 3.2 is there! only 2.0 all the way to 2.2U. Am i being dumb here? Is this list im looking at ALL 3.2? Also, Im from europe, so its 'U' , right? What version do i have to install to make my Wii say its actually 3.2?

im so at a loss....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mday said:
Hello friends!

Im trying to make my Wii ready for backups, but im having trouble. Alot, even. I have installed 3.4e, then the complete guide with the twilight hack, but i got a load of 1017 errors when downgrading with the IOS downgrader. After a couple of tries the errors went away, and there was nothing left to do. Whenever i choose IOS downgrader and press A to start it, it just says i need to restart. So i did. However, my firmware is still on 3.4E (according to my wii setup panel).

Now, someone said i should run the cIOS downgrader (v1.2) after that. But then i get a list of alot of versions, but no 3.2 is there! only 2.0 all the way to 2.2U. Am i being dumb here? Is this list im looking at ALL 3.2? Also, Im from europe, so its 'U' , right? What version do i have to install to make my Wii say its actually 3.2?

im so at a loss....

For backup launching you can test my cIOS installer:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=126...p;#entry1674777

It is able to use IOS16, if your other IOS don't have the trucha bug. But be aware that installing channels for anything is not a good idea if you are not prepared for bad wads. The only exception of course is the Homebrew Channel. There are .dol versions of ALL applications anybody could want.

dan1el

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
now that i have downgraded to 3.2U and have the gamma launcher and starfall, can i play PAL games on my ntsc wii? some pal games are not 4.3GB in size but less, can i play those too?

Mday

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am not sure about region free games, dan1el. That said, i have zero experience with it.

Also, i was NOT aware that the cIOS downgrader had a SCROLLABLE interface! I could easily scroll down in the list using the keypad on my 'mote. I installed 3.2E perfectly, and as far as i can tell, my backuploader works!

.... now, a game to try.

D

Deleted User

Yea, you can replace it with the 002fixed.

I don't think that EoC's Gamma is 002 fixed.. But, if you're getting the package from me, then officially it doesn't come with Gamma Channel 002 Fixed.
tongue.gif

georgecoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

afif95 said:
Yea, you can replace it with the 002fixed.

I don't think that EoC's Gamma is 002 fixed.. But, if you're getting the package from me, then officially it doesn't come with Gamma Channel 002 Fixed.
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

nope, unless you want to cut 3 steps short.

And the channels have their own .dol. So the 002 fix is still not on the channels. Get 002 fix channel somewhere in here.

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
HaniKazmi said:
blitzxp said:

You shouldn't need to do that, but yes it will work. IOS downgrer patches the trucha bug in.com

I'm glad to report that it was, indeed, media quality issue...my cousin's wii IS more picky than mine..the two games that i tested were the 2 that didn't work, all my other copies on other media worked great..
sorry for incurring on that noobish error..i thought 2 tests were enough to conclude something was wrong..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EoC you are the bogs dollocks, ran through this this morning and it works like a dream

Thank you very very much

Hibern

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
You don't need internet connection to hack your wii. And 3.4 is the last thing you need when you want to hack your wii. If your Wii asks you to update, why do you click yes/ok?

(red button "don't push" syndrome i guess)
Thanks for your answer, but i don't want to hack my Wii without installing Starfall, and i think i read downgrading to 3.2 requires a connection to the Internet.
Upgrading to 3.4 was just a way to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P