Hacking Discussion 3.0.0 upgrade 5.10. in accordance with the tutorial is not careful. Formatting causes the black scre

luhongtao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is there any way to install the system CFW? When the 5.1.0 is installed, the machine is formatted with PC, resulting in the black screen unable to enter the system, can it reinstall the new system?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why did you format a Switch partition on the PC? I'm pretty sure the guide explicitly says NOT to do that

Also, EVERY time this dialog shows up, dismiss it by clicking CANCEL, NEVER FORMAT ANYTHING ON THE eMMC OR IT WILL BECOME UNREADABLE BY SWITCH.
2018-06-15_04-21-32_zpzIVlMDn.png

Not sure if you can do anything about it now. Hopefully someone more with more Switch experience than me (3 days) can chime in :)

Last edited by chr0m,

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Accidentally clicking on format is okay cause there's another dialog box popping up, BUT clicking yes 2 more times is very weird.
Can you boot hekate ?

Last edited by Mat37,

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to install the system CFW? When the 5.1.0 is installed, the machine is formatted with PC, resulting in the black screen unable to enter the system, can it reinstall the new system?

So you should still have a nand backup then?

Last edited by Duhasst0,

luhongtao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Accidentally clicking on format is okay cause there's another dialog box popping up, BUT clicking yes 2 more times is very weird.
Can you boot hekate ?
You can start hekate and txsos, which is to go to the black screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So you should still have a nand backup then?
Can you fix it with someone else's NAND?

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Typically no, cause usually there is console specific stuff in there, but if you followed the guide to update your fw without burning your fuses you should have a backup somewhere, if not your S.O.L. and now have a nice Linux tablet.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a lot warning you to NOT FORMAT ANYTHING... You should be able to restore stuff, but you will have to restore via hekate or something that allows you to restore a raw nand backup. I believe that the tool used in the guide can no longer mount it properly...

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too late now, sounds like he doesn't have a nand backup.

if you still have warranty, send it in and hopefully they can fix it.
Wait what???? The guide says BACKUP YOUR NAND!!!!. He must have ignored ALOT of stuff.... So user error on his part. @luhongtao Your switch is SOL imo. The only thing I could think of is possible signing someone elses decrypted nand with your biskeys :unsure:

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wait what???? The guide says BACKUP YOUR NAND!!!!. He must have ignored ALOT of stuff.... So user error on his part. @luhongtao Your switch is SOL imo. The only thing I could think of is possible signing someone elses decrypted nand with your biskeys :unsure:

yea he asked

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@luhongtao also, tbh if you could get those partitions to mount you should still have all of the updated pc made partitions... So if you can get them to mount properly I guess you could try that.... or maybe try a factory reset LOL

SquidSquadAlpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I swear every two months some user has a problem were is the made a nand backup they would have no problem. If anyone can take something a learn from this , it is to always make a nand backup.

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So this was the case with:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/31
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/34

So much for not taking a backup before doing write operations to eMMC. Not after or no at all.

What you need now is a way to restore these partitions. There's no fix for that (in public), because you must also restore console unique info.
First check which ones you formatted. They should show up FAT partitions. All these were formatted.
(The switch has fat partitions but they are encrypted, so they show up as not formatted)

Reactions: Albytrozz

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So let me get this straight... Barely read the instructions, didn't back up NAND and then somehow got past 3 prompts to format. Yep, this is definitely not his fault, let's all chip in to help fix this unforseen tragedy :wink:

luhongtao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Find the post of upgrade tutorial 5.10, according to the tutorial, it can show that the boot is logo, but the picture is stuck in the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO