Homebrew 2500 N64 Roms to be exact

dracbat59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have asked many questions as to why people only put the original name of the ROM.
Example:
Super Mario 64 Works...

What about all the other 27 Super Mario 64 Roms? Some may be better than the rest. I have asked numerous people why don't they split thier charts into each format?
I have found over 2500 N64 Roms, and I am currently going through 460 right now so compare and contrast each one another.
I have created a site for my research, and if you have allready tried these, let me know what format (.n64, z64, or v64) and the outcome of the rom. (send to [email protected]) and I will add them to my registry.
I have only started on this website last week. But have 63 games I went through today and tested the outcomes.

http://wii64fullromset.wikispaces.com

dracbat59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know all of these sites, but the main thing is that they don't explain EXACTLY which Rom of the game it actually is.
This is what I am trying to accomplish
Find all the ROMS for that game, and compare and contrast every single Rom to each one and determine which one is the better one.
All I see on this page is Super Mario/Yes/ Playable.
This is what mine is looking like:
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [!].
Super Mario 64 (J) [!].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [b2].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [t1].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [h1C].
Super Mario 64 (U) [t3].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [b1].
Super Mario 64 (U) [h2C].
Super Mario 64 (J) [h1C].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [t2].
Super Mario 64 (U) [b2].
Super Mario 64 (U) [b1].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [o1]
Super Mario 64 (U) [h1C]
Super Mario 64 (U) [T+Rus]
tell me which one works better than the other?
(minus the hacked versions) then that will be the exact one that everyone is looking for.
It's going to be extensive, but I have come across games where they say they don't work, but roms I am going through do.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are all the same games, the only difference is the headers usually. So if one works they all work, and if one of those dont work its probably due to bad data

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dracbat59 said:
I know all of these sites, but the main thing is that they don't explain EXACTLY which Rom of the game it actually is.
This is what I am trying to accomplish
Find all the ROMS for that game, and compare and contrast every single Rom to each one and determine which one is the better one.
All I see on this page is Super Mario/Yes/ Playable.
This is what mine is looking like:
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [!].
Super Mario 64 (J) [!].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [b2].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [t1].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [h1C].
Super Mario 64 (U) [t3].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [b1].
Super Mario 64 (U) [h2C].
Super Mario 64 (J) [h1C].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [t2].
Super Mario 64 (U) [b2].
Super Mario 64 (U) [b1].
Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [o1]
Super Mario 64 (U) [h1C]
Super Mario 64 (U) [T+Rus]
tell me which one works better than the other?
(minus the hacked versions) then that will be the exact one that everyone is looking for.
It's going to be extensive, but I have come across games where they say they don't work, but roms I am going through do.
CODE[a] - Alternate
- Bad Dump
[BF] - Bung Fix
[c] - Cracked
[f] - Other Fix
- Hack
[o] - Overdump

- Pirate
[t] - Trained
[T] - Translation
(Unl) - Unlicensed
[x] - Bad Checksum
ZZZ_ - Unclassified
[!] - Verified Good Dump
(???k) - ROM Size Special Codes:
[C] - Color GameBoy
- Super GameBoy
(M#) - Multilanguage (# of Languages)
[M] - Mono Only (NeoGeo Pocket)
(PC10) - PlayChoice 10 (NES)
(1) - Japan (Genesis)
(4) - USA (Genesis)
(5) - NTSC Only (Genesis)
(8) - PAL Only (Genesis)
(BS) - BS ROMS (SNES)
(ST) - Sufami Turbo (SNES)
(NP) - Nintendo Power (SNES)
(Adam) - ADAM Version (Coleco)
(PAL) - PAL Video Country Codes:
(A) - Australian
© - Chinese
(E) - Europe
(F) - French
(FN) - Finland
(G) - German
(GR) - Greece
(HK) - Hong Kong
(I) - Italian
(J) - Japan
(K) - Korean
(NL) - Dutch
(PD) - Public Domain
(S) - Spanish
(SW) - Sweden
(U) - USA
(UK) - England
(Unk) - Unknown Country
(-) - Unknown Country

I found it googling for "rom tags"

smile.gif

dracbat59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how come when you see that users will put down that a game does not work, whereas I went through all of those and found the one that works.
1080 Works
Airboarder works
Diddy Kong Racing Works
Doom works
the only one that I saw that narrowed it down was Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Dynamic Recompiler 65-120% 3D issues. Menu layering. Sky. Yes Crashes in 1st mission. Combat simulator ok. Use (U) (v1.0) ROM.
But this chart and many others say that they do not work. It's because they have the WRONG ROM.
Thanks Davi 92 for that list. It makes it easier, but still more than one may be better than the other. I found that N64 Renamer Tool, I guess people don't care what it's called so they will just make it the actual game name and skip all that the ROM had in the filename prior.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chop said:
Plus once they update the Emu the list will be obsolete.

Um, no.... when they update the emu, the list be have to be updated to reflect the latest version, or add notations that specify which version of the emulator it was last tested on.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn man.... that sounds like a massive waste of time lol!
tongue.gif

Like YayMii said, the [!] is the best dump (for that region etc), so basically everyone should use those versions... if they don't then that's their problem.
Still, if you wanna waste your life away trying out 20-odd different versions of Mario 64 (and let's be honest, a good 'test' would involve at least an hours try per version) then by all means! I seriously do not see the point though, and like chop says, what happens when you''ve spent hours and hours of testing, then beta3 gets released? You gonna go through them all over again?!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage...