2015 Club Nintendo Elite Gifts are here. NA only

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by masterz87, Apr 1, 2015.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Club Nintendo Elite Gifts are here. And they're meh at best.
    https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do
    they're there yet the site is lagging like hell so you cannot really get your elite status redeemed today. I will include an archived link incase the site keeps going down.

Site included below is the archive.org link.

Archive.today alt link.

Overall the items are meh at best. I cannot believe what they have, it's even worse than last year.

The best items that they have are
    • mario kart 7
    • animal crossing new leaf(3ds)
    • nes remix 2(wii u)
    • Yoshi's New Island(3ds)
    • ultimte nes remix(3ds),
    • donkey kong tropical freeze(wii u)
    • push mo series(3ds, and wii u)
    The rest are VC games that are a complete waste for anyone even thinkign about using their platinum or gold gift on. At best the gifts are worth at tops 20-30USD.

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Europe doesn't have the "Elite" status thingy so it's more or less only US that gets it.

I want to use my final 4k points on Rainbow Curse CD or Mario Kart 8 CD. Games can be bought anywhere else.

3. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Well that's interesting to know,k and that's why I said NA only, as in north america since I know europe has stars, and australia does too I think. But I don't have any friends in other countries who do club nintendo ,the ones that own nintendo consoles never bother with the codes. Every year that they gave me an option I always did anything but a game. One year I got a deck of playing cards because I could always get the games somewehre else. Another year was just a calendar, but this year it doesn't look like I have much of a choice it's going to be some game. But at least I got the fierce deity link puzzle as my physical thing before it's all over with.

4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Dangit, I was gonna report this :rofl: Yeah, the selection is more than a little disappointing... At least the Wii games are in there, for those that don't have them

5. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I guess, but still this year's platinum's are meh at best. I actually prefer last year's platinum rewards.

6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Thats saying something @.@

7. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Wow this is just incredibly mediocre. Anyone who made it to Platinum status probably has more than half of these titles.

8. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
  9. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    no Metroid trilogy for platinum members

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  10. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Get a load of this guy, thinking Nintendo gives a crap about their fans who spend hundreds of dollars every year supporting them.

But seriously, it's always been going down hill. The first year I got platinum was the year _after_ they did that cool little mario bowser etc statue.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  11. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    any sugestions on what a platinum member could get. assume I have gateway.

12. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    I have platinum status but I have no idea what to get either. I think the one worth the most money is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze but that's not exactly an easy game to play.

13. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    As the one above said either tropical freeze or pushmo. Since NES Remix had a physical release and is retailing for ~20$ and the rest of the 3ds ones are meh,and I'd rather have a physical game than a download code for an eshop version of the real game. Plus the shitty sd card they include with 3dses is barely even a class 2 sd card if that, so load times will be a dozen times slower at best.

TBH, I am leaning towards donkey kong country tropical freeze so I can resell it for at least some cash and get some other game instead of it.