Hacking 2 Quick Questions

Hybridx24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I start, these are my Wii specs: 4.0U, cIOSr13a

1) Why do I get a green screen and then a direct restart to BootMii everytime I try to get a GC game to play by using NeoGamma with DVD's?

2) What is the "best" USB backup loader?

I've already done research on both of these and haven't found a decent answer yet.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hybridx24 said:
Before I start, these are my Wii specs: 4.0U, cIOSr13a

1) Why do I get a green screen and then a direct restart to BootMii everytime I try to get a GC game to play by using NeoGamma with DVD's?

2) What is the "best" USB backup loader?

I've already done research on both of these and haven't found a decent answer yet.

Bushing explained at WiiBrew how gamecube games are booted:
QUOTEFor reasons not quite clear, the System Menu does not directly load MIOS to boot a GameCube game. Instead, it launches BC, which is almost identical to boot1. The only major difference is that it sets a register which slows down the Hollywood clock speed to that of the Flipper (found in the GC).

When boot2 runs, it checks that clock speed; if it's in the slower mode, it starts MIOS instead of the System Menu.

Unless we do something to specifically prevent it, BC will load BootMii, yes. Also, new versions of BC (like those released several months ago) will refuse to load BootMii, so that will actually break GC compatibility :/
Source: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?9,8960,8960

It looks like BootMii looks first on sd card if it should start the BootMii menu, before it checks if it should start MIOS to start a gamecube game. Try to load a gamecube card while the sd card is not inserted.

Oh and about the 2nd question: Try a few and find the one that works best for you.

PS: Don't be confused about bushing telling that BootMii would break gamecube compatbilbity. Team twizzers found a solution for this, so that with the new BC, the old boot2 is started instead of BootMii.

Hybridx24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the SD card trick and didn't work, so I looked into what you wrote and noticed the part about mIOS... and then I felt real stupid. I forgot to install the cMIOS the whole time.
tongue.gif

After I installed it, I tried my luck with your GC app and it worked (sorta), the beginning intro of RE1 loaded but then it just stopped. I just tried a different GC loader and it worked perfectly. So I guess I'll just switch between yours and WiiGators. Thanks again for making me feel stupid.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1