2 Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Hybridx24, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009

2 Quick Questions by Hybridx24 at 10:00 AM (773 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Hybridx24
    OP

Member Hybridx24 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Before I start, these are my Wii specs: 4.0U, cIOSr13a

1) Why do I get a green screen and then a direct restart to BootMii everytime I try to get a GC game to play by using NeoGamma with DVD's?

2) What is the "best" USB backup loader?

I've already done research on both of these and haven't found a decent answer yet.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Source: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?9,8960,8960

It looks like BootMii looks first on sd card if it should start the BootMii menu, before it checks if it should start MIOS to start a gamecube game. Try to load a gamecube card while the sd card is not inserted.

Oh and about the 2nd question: Try a few and find the one that works best for you.

PS: Don't be confused about bushing telling that BootMii would break gamecube compatbilbity. Team twizzers found a solution for this, so that with the new BC, the old boot2 is started instead of BootMii.

3. Hybridx24
    OP

Member Hybridx24 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Tried the SD card trick and didn't work, so I looked into what you wrote and noticed the part about mIOS... and then I felt real stupid. I forgot to install the cMIOS the whole time. [​IMG]

After I installed it, I tried my luck with your GC app and it worked (sorta), the beginning intro of RE1 loaded but then it just stopped. I just tried a different GC loader and it worked perfectly. So I guess I'll just switch between yours and WiiGators. Thanks again for making me feel stupid. [​IMG]