Hacking 2.0.0 to 5.5.0 (E/U/J) (Exploit Idea) (May WORK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancake's

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna happen, I HAVE a dev kit, and can confirm that it ONLY runs unsigned code, no decryption capabilities at all.

As for helping with this I can't but just dropping by to see what's up lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ryan, I like you, but really? This is obviously a leaked screenshot from google. The dev kits have a different OS altogether and the hardware is different internally, I can't get in to specifics, but there's no way this is running on a retail unit.....
Uhh what? Leaked screenshot from Google >.> do u want me to make videos like literally it's possible, Feed Loadiine the rpx and the rpl As it doesn't have content because it's all in the executable (rpx) of course it can run... So let me know I can make a vid or watever lol that's fine

Edit 1 (if u mean the pic that's not from my Twitter but just the save data one here, then ya that ones from the sdk example but we all new that lol)

Edit 2 : btw the hardware isn't all that different just go look at my sdk I posted on my pastebin , all the docs are there XP (and now u know how Loadiine was created ;) )

Last edited by Pancake's,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not gonna happen, I HAVE a dev kit, and can confirm that it ONLY runs unsigned code, no decryption capabilities at all.

As for helping with this I can't but just dropping by to see what's up lol.

Ryan, I like you, but really? This is obviously a leaked screenshot from google. The dev kits have a different OS altogether and the hardware is different internally, I can't get in to specifics, but there's no way this is running on a retail unit.....
I ran devkit apps on my WiiU. So I can confirm that this is real :P

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
So your solution is a letterbomb/save file exploit?

Thats great and all, but this was literally the first thing Nintendo would have secured, since its what blew open the wii. We cant even copy over savefiles without an exploit

What a dumb thread

Last edited by EmceeKerser,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you guys really did manage to get some of the dev kit apps to load, they're not going to function correctly as they're expecting a completey different setup. Go ahead and try to interact with it and use it (if it's really running on a retail unit at all, like you claim). You'll likely find that its severely broken because its expecting certains thinfs to be there that arent.

Your best bet honestlt is to create your own, legal dev environment for retail units rather than riskinf serious legal repercussions and trying to rewrite propietary closed source code to make it usable.

Noy2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well here's an idea, stay with me on this one:
The Wii U reads games through discs.
A lot of consoles have been using discs as their game memory device for quite a while now. One of the firsts to do so was the Sega CD.
The Sega CD had NO CD protection. You could just burn a game, put it in the machine and play it as if it was original.
What if we could do the same thing, but with the Wii U?
We won't even NEED a hack!

You can have that one for free*.

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well here's an idea, stay with me on this one:
The Wii U reads games through discs.
A lot of consoles have been using discs as their game memory device for quite a while now. One of the firsts to do so was the Sega CD.
The Sega CD had NO CD protection. You could just burn a game, put it in the machine and play it as if it was original.
What if we could do the same thing, but with the Wii U?
We won't even NEED a hack!

You can have that one for free*.
I don't really understand :P can you repat :)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Even if you guys really did manage to get some of the dev kit apps to load, they're not going to function correctly as they're expecting a completey different setup. Go ahead and try to interact with it and use it (if it's really running on a retail unit at all, like you claim). You'll likely find that its severely broken because its expecting certains thinfs to be there that arent.

Your best bet honestlt is to create your own, legal dev environment for retail units rather than riskinf serious legal repercussions and trying to rewrite propietary closed source code to make it usable.
They functionned up to a certain point where the console froze or threw an error message. Lol.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They functionned up to a certain point where the console froze or threw an error message. Lol.
Exactly lol

Don't rage noob.
Ppl leave @NexoCube alone, he came up with an idea that "may work" its right in the title for crying out loud. Its an idea, that's it, he's not trying to push it as being surefire.

Would it work? Very doubtful given the decent security the Wii U has compared to the Wii, but that's no reason to be nasty and trash talk him.

This is the one thing I could never tolerate in this community, is when somebody who is just starting out and trying to learn and be helpful gets ripped to shreds by everyone else here.

Instead of tearing ppl down, you should be helping him along the way. Its not like he's trolling saying "look at my exploit" where its clearly fake.

He had an idea and decided to share it, that's all....

Reactions: NexoCube

Pancake's

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well the only different is the PSCF mode side of things, because the WiiU has all SDK functions libraries inside (ask @Marionumber1 he can confirm this ^^) the thing to fix mainly is compatibility with permissions which can be fixed with IOSU as normally dev units have write permissions, CAT-Dev's Production mode I used to mimic Retail which is why Sys config tool and other dev applications can run via a .Wumad and on a NAND with an Installable image just look in the sdk :P it's all there, tho I recommend looking at the Developer.bintendo.com version as the WiiU-developer.com version is just unit rather then a Native C/C++ sdk such as Developer.Nintendo.com

Also legal dev environment... No I'm just keep using the sdk it's easier ^^ mainly cause just like the 3ds scene (Homebrew sdk is >.>) and plus Nintendy doesn't really mind as much for the unity sdk mainly cause anyone can get in afaik, just wait a little for a reply lol now Developer.nintendo.com is where of to get in u need to like fake a company and all that it's a hassle but it's worth it :3

Also Tfw no one has leaked 3.01 from dev-nintedno ;-; someone hurry up plz.
(Don't leak it here of course (not asking for wares here ;P) continue on paste in :P )

athairus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread was a pretty entertaining read. Anyone remember PSOLoad for the GC? The memories. Too bad that was 14 years ago and Nintendo's gotten a bit smarter.

Or, with a custom DNS or proxy creating an false update that is a .elf or raw C Code that will launch when starting an app (After the false update downloading, sure)

OP, you think you can make your idea work? Good luck breaking RSA (or whatever they use) and figuring out Nintendo's signing key. If you actually figure out a way to derive the private key from a public key... who will kidnap you first, the US, Russia or China? Why waste that knowledge on a video game console when you could sell that knowledge for a ludicrous amount of money?

or raw C Code that will launch when starting an app

Definite sign you don't really understand what you're talking about.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I will remain skeptical.
maybe i can convince you with a proof of concept
expl017.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.