14 reported dead, 20 injured in shooting at Dark Night Rises showing.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Not trying to sound like a bastard, but... if you want to cause harm, you don't exactly choose a batman movie to cause it. Still feel sorry for everybody there though, and to all of the children especially. That would be quite the traumatising event.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
So this lunatic just bursts into a cinema, throws gas canisters then starts shooting kids for no reason?

I would post what I'd like to happen to him, but I can guarantee the mods wouldn't want that sort of language on the boards.

Seriously though, WTF? Such a senseless act. What possible motive could there be for this? Any idea what went wrong in this guy's brain yet?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
that guy must have liked the movie so badly that he wants to be an actual hero villain
Actually, that reminded me a hypothesis going on in the internet right now...
Basically, the guy(s) went to the theatre to create a real batman.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its times like this that just make me happier to pursue a career in law enforcement. To make a difference and protect people from monsters like this. I can admit, our law system is horrifyingly stupid sometimes, when it comes to the defenses a person can use (by defense i mean excuse...)

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
I prefer simply outlaw all gun sales.

that is pretty funny actually.and the 2nd amendment was made so people can protect themselves from any threat, pretty much.

This is exact clause of Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A lot of people will tell you that Second Amendment is supposed to give state militia the right to bear arm, not individual.

But you're forgetting the clause the Supreme Court issued in '08, (DoC v. Heller 554 U.S. 570) where the Second Amendment also protects an individuals right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in militia. (only for lawful purposes, like self-defense) So......

mrnintendo15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this guy gets off with an insanity plea that's when you know the justice system works okay. I don't care if you were insane or not in your right mind, you fucking kill someone, you deserve to either be sent to jail for life or put in a mental hospital. And no matter who you are, NOBODY has the right to choose whether or not someone lives or dies, you kill more then one person, you deserve worse. People were fucked up in ancient times, people were still fucked up in medieval times, People were getting better but still bad in the colonial and victorian age. That's Definaetly not how they should do it now.
fixed. I can't believe some people still believe in the death penalty.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's... horrible news. At first I thought it was a hoax that was supposed to promote the movie, but as I kept reading I realized that it's the truth. Just on the side note...

Death penalty was reinstated in Colorado on January 1, 1975. (...) Currently there are three people awaiting execution: 1) Nathan Dunlap who was condemned for shooting and killing four people at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant, 2) Sir Mario Owens who was convicted and received a jury's death determination in 2008 for the murder of a young couple, Javad Marshall-Fields and his fiancee, Vivian Wolfe who were prosecution witnesses in a murder trial involving Owens, and 3) Robert Ray who ordered the murders, committed by Sir Mario Owens, of witnesses Javad Marshall-Fields and Vivian Wolfe in his pending murder trial.
Here's your no.4, these people can't be re-socialized.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If this guy gets off with an insanity plea that's when you know the justice system works okay. I don't care if you were insane or not in your right mind, you fucking kill someone, you deserve to either be sent to jail for life or put in a mental hospital. And no matter who you are, NOBODY has the right to choose whether or not someone lives or dies, you kill more then one person, you deserve worse. People were fucked up in ancient times, people were still fucked up in medieval times, People were getting better but still bad in the colonial and victorian age. That's Definaetly not how they should do it now.
just shot at the killer head , then poof a death penalty

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is nothing that can be fixed about a criminal of this caliber, no amount of therapy will "fix" him, all it amounts to is feeding and clothing him for tax payer's money.

Reactions: 4 people

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
That is pretty funny actually.and the 2nd amendment was made so people can protect themselves from any threat, pretty much.

And yet, for all the legal guns in the US, these things always end with suicide or armed police, never some gun packin' patriot.

Dispatcer audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFuNDOQ3b-0

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While i can sort of agree i can also disagree. I think some people deserve to rot in a cell for the crimes they committed. And others, the truly evil and demented human beings, truly deserve death. We cant seriously sit here, and think that the world would be better off without certain individuals in it. Just think, do you really think bin laden would have been able to keep his life had he not been gunned down?

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is nothing to be fixed about a criminal of this caliber, no amount of therapy will "fix" him, all it amounts to is feeding and clothing him for tax payer's money.

There is nothing to be fixed about a criminal of this caliber, no amount of therapy will "fix" him, all it amounts to is feeding and clothing him for tax payer's money.
maybe he was hired for the job... or was threatened to do it.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
that guy must have liked the movie so badly that he wants to be an actual hero villain
and the killer wiil be the joker

Actually the killer would be Joe Chill.

But seriously, where this theory falls apart is Wayne's parents were killed OUTSIDE the theater, not gunned down inside. Also, Wayne's parents were mugged, being shot in the process. This incident shares no similarity besides taking place in or around a movie theater.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
maybe he was hired for the job... or was threatened to do it.
Or maybe he just killed 14 people, planted and detonated several explosive devices and now, if he goes away with an insanity plea even though the witnesses clearly state that he was calm and collected, you will feed and clothe him till the end of his life.

How come rabid dogs are put to sleep when they so much as bite someone and people simply state "I was insane at the time" and go away with the biggest atrocities?

Reactions: 4 people

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

But seriously, where this theory falls apart is Wayne's parents were killed OUTSIDE the theater, not gunned down inside. Also, Wayne's parents were mugged, being shot in the process. This incident shares no similarity besides taking place in or around a movie theater.
maybe a victim will seek for revenge...

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine

As I said it's a hypothesis (not a theory, keep in mind) from the depths of 4chan and le reddit.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1