14 reported dead, 20 injured in shooting at Dark Night Rises showing.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qusY2.jpg

Several people were just killed in a shooting during a midnight screening of Dark Night Rises. Police are still apparently responding.

[1] http://www.9news.com...ting-in-Aurora-
[2] MSNBC
Also here : [3] http://www.khow.com/...rticle=10283158
One more for the list of news articles: [4] http://www.koaa.com/...-movie-theatre/
Another website: [5] http://www.ibtimes.c...do-shooting.htm
10-30 people shot, Young man in camo, vest, gun masks, multiple long guns, at least 30 shots fire, 1 mag from an assault rifle... Will update as more comes up.
All edits are top down (top is newest). Will strike out as news becomes irrelevant
Edit: I'm off for the night. Someone please keep updating this. I... I don't even know what to think...
Edit: One suspect confirmed in custody!
Edit: Numbers are being thrown around 50 or 60 +...
Edit: One person is in custody and may have acted alone. At least ten reported dead 39 injured. The number will possibly go up. Check the news (link) at 3:15 for the official police report.
Edit: They are calling in Red Cross
Edit: Hospital list: 5 Denver General, 14 AIP (university hospital), 4 childrens, 3 aurora south, 2 parker, 2 swedish
Edit: [6] VIDEO news
Edit: Dispatch reports that could have been an old crown Vic that was the get away car.
Edit: Bomb Robot entering suspected car with explosive device.
Edit: Video on youtube. [7] Here
Edit: Potential vehicle found. Deploying bomb searching robot in back parking lot.
EDIT: Some people that were in here [8] http://www.9news.com...8255#f18852aed4
Edit: Smoke or teargas has gone off...
Edit: Confirmed bomb in the parking lot...

icon11.gif
Source

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was watching the coverage on 9-News Denver just now, a fucking PRANK CALLER pretending to be a Police Chief called in and got on air, mentioned Howard Stern, I can't fucking believe some people.

edit: at the time of that prank call, 9-News upped the death count to 15, now it's back down to 14 so I'm assuming the prank caller reported a fake death.

edit: police are saying they are confident it was a lone gunman.

edit: confirmed that a 3 month old child is being treated who was injured in the incident.

edit: for whatever it's worth, I heard on the news someone say the shooter is 24 years old, I don't know if that's confirmed.

edit: multiple sources confirmations vary, but KNUS (radio) reduced the counts to 12 injured and 38 injured which seems to be more of a consensus.

edit: Aurora police say 14 dead.

Witness says the shooter kicked in the door, threw gas canisters, and waited calmly for them to go off before shooting. 3 weapons total found.

The name of the shooter is James Holmes.

edit: Police said he was not resisting arrest, but is currently not cooperating with investigators. They are entering his apartment through the window, I'm guessing because they are worried for a boobie-trap which is understandable considering the massive damage he caused on his own.

edit: (changed) KNUS confirming TWELVE dead

EDIT: THE 3 MONTH OLD WAS DISCHARGED FROM THE HOSPITAL. I would imagine the child is ok, that's all I just heard.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was watching the coverage on 9-News Denver just now, a fucking PRANK CALLER pretending to be a Police Chief called in and got on air, mentioned Howard Stern, I can't fucking believe some people.
Why do I get the sick feeling he was pretending to be James Gordon?
What's next, someone impersonating a district attorney like Harvey Dent?

No, really, this is kinda odd. The prank caller, the style of shooting and bomb placement, like someone is deliberately staging all this awful shit.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a damn shame that a total waste of life felt like they had to do this to people who just wanted to watch a film and have a good time.

Reactions: 13 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a damn shame that a total waste of life felt like they had to do this to people who just wanted to watch a film and have a good time.
I've heard of many senseless attacks on business, the public and schools, but never anything like an attack on a place of entertainment.

I wouldn't call the Lincoln assassination an attack on entertainment, that location was incidental and not a senseless attack.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of many senseless attacks on business, the public and schools, but never anything like an attack on a place of entertainment.
Stadiums have long been "terrorist targets" and have occasionally suffered politically motivated attacks. At present, though, this one doesn't seem to be politically driven. It "just" seems to be a mass murder.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's hope they make an example of him, and I would prefer life sentence instead of death sentence.
I'm going to watch a the new Batman film pretty soon too, it'll be only out for 3 days at that moment, so it's kind of a similar situation where this happened.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My condolences to the families.

Shooting children is not cool man. I hope the gunman gets more than what he deserves.
Unfortunately, if the guy's a freaking psycho, he may wind up like the perpetrator of the Tucson shooting in January 2011. (The one which injured a congresswoman -- Gabrielle Giffords -- and President Obama visited Tucson expressly to make a special (memorial) address to the press about it)
http://en.wikipedia....ed_Lee_Loughner
http://en.wikipedia....Tucson_shooting

I was living 4 miles away from that shooting when it happened. One of the murder victims was a 9-year old girl. His court process is especially messed up because he succeeded in killing a Judge though.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.