14 reported dead, 20 injured in shooting at Dark Night Rises showing.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the killer didn't kill himself and take the easy way out.
I really couldn't imagine what jailing Loughner and providing him with a defender has cost taxpayers thus far, and he isn't even close to seeing justice. I'm not saying I wish these criminals killed themselves, but it would have been a small favor to the cantankerous justice system.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really couldn't imagine what jailing Loughner and providing him with a defender has cost taxpayers thus far, and he isn't even close to seeing justice. I'm not saying I wish these criminals killed themselves, but it would have been a small favor to the cantankerous justice system.

I was speaking about this new killer (James Holmes), but I felt the same way about Loughner. Yes, it's going to cost us money, but it makes it harder for certain people to blame this on video games or movies if the justice system can question the guy.

Reactions: 1 person

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was speaking about this new killer (James Holmes), but I felt the same way about Loughner. Yes, it's going to cost us money, but it makes it harder for certain people to blame this on video games or movies if the justice system can question the guy.
I realized that, but I hadn't seen a name for the suspect of the original topic. And good point.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the reports I've read it sounds like this guy reenacted a scene from Uwe Boll's movie RAMPAGE,
sick mofo whats wrong with ppl.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most sickening thing is he shot a BABY at point blank. Seriously, you guys have the death penalty still right? USE IT.

It varies on state. A quick Google shows that Colorado only executed one man though since 1977. But with casualties this high, unless he pleads insanity (which sounds very likely considering he would like shoot a baby at point blank), I really see them breaking out the ol' needle.

Reactions: 2 people

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the reason why gun control is necessary! It is scary to know that you could go in a public place and get shot for no reason. I don´t thing that the guy had a beef with all of the persons present in that room. He was just plain crazy with a gun. It is a scary world if you can buy bullets at sales prices. I cant remember what comedian once sad that bullets should be very expensive, but he was right, you need a gun for protection you get 5 bullets for 1000 $. It is for your protection after all.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, you guys have the death penalty still right? USE IT.
I'd rather the dickhead suffer, death would be the easy way out.

This is the reason why gun control is necessary! It is scary to know that you could go in a public place and get shot for no reason. I don´t thing that the guy had a beef with all of the persons present in that room. He was just plain crazy with a gun. It is a scary world if you can buy bullets at sales prices. I cant remember what comedian once sad that bullets should be very expensive, but he was right, you need a gun for protection you get 5 bullets for 1000 $. It is for your protection after all.
Totally agree, ok while people will still get hold of bullets (we still have shootings here but nowhere near as frequent) there will still be a lot less to go around.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bullets are ridiculously easy to make. The only way to raise the cost of bullets effectively would be to raise the cost of the materials to make them. If they did that everything else would skyrocket in price.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this guy gets off with an insanity plea that's when you know the justice system is fucked. I don't care if you were insane or not in your right mind, you fucking kill someone, you deserve to die. And no matter who you are, NOBODIES life is worth more then another, you kill more then one person, you deserve worse. That's how they did it in ancient times, that's how they did it in medieval times, that's how they did it in the colonial and victorian age. That's how they should do it now.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I prefer simply outlaw all gun sales. 2nd amendment does not have the intention of giving you the rights to bear arm. Its original intention is to give states militia the rights to bear arm when states lacks federal protection. Due to poor wording, most people believe it did.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer simply outlaw all gun sales.

that is pretty funny actually.and the 2nd amendment was made so people can protect themselves from any threat, pretty much.

pretty fucked up what that guy did, but...at a batman movie showing? i kinda chuckled.

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

that is pretty funny actually.and the 2nd amendment was made so people can protect themselves from any threat, pretty much.

pretty fucked up what that guy did, but...at a batman movie showing? i kinda chuckled.
this is the last batman movie and look what happend :(

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The purpose of the second amendment is to give guns to law abiding citizens to protect themselves from people who wouldn't care about the laws anyway.

And apparently this guy's house was rigged to blow when police entered it. Freaky shit.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

I prefer simply outlaw all gun sales. 2nd amendment does not have the intention of giving you the rights to bear arm. Its original intention is to give states militia the rights to bear arm when states lacks federal protection. Due to poor wording, most people believe it did.

If it's been said once, it's been said a million times before. If you outlaw guns and the sale of guns, only the outlaws will have guns. If you outlaw bullets, people will start making their own.

There really is no simple solution that you can just say "We should do X" and it would make it all better. The only way to keep this sort of violence down is to keep certain types of people away from guns, but even a solution like that has it's problems.

Reactions: 9 people

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

This is exact clause of Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A lot of people will tell you that Second Amendment is supposed to give state militia the right to bear arm, not individual.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's tons of gun ownership in Canada and you don't see stuff like this there. If you really think guns are the problem you're missing the fact that American culture and media overemphasize crime, politics, and reality TV yet provide approximately fuck-all for the arts and humanities, national parks, and youth programs. There's currently a bill in the works that could literally kill PBS, NPR, and AmeriCorps. That means killing Sesame Street, nonprofit News radio, and one of the biggest volunteer organizations in our country.

America is a couple generations behind in culture and that is why our citizens go berserk with guns when people in other countries do not (or rather, they do it for political reasons, not just to commit a senseless crime because they're psychotic). Although the film "Bowling for Columbine" is very liberal documentary, it helps to illustrate the real problems with respect to gun control and media perception of crimes in the US.

Ultimately this attack is not the fault of a lack of gun control, it is a lack of responsibility, which isn't something that can be measured by anything beyond a background check when a permit is issued.
If guns were more tightly regulated, some people would more eagerly seek illegal/unregistered firearms, and likely, the theft of (legally-acquired) firearms from citizens would go up. I don't personally own a gun, but I've dated men who did own them and other weapons and I'm against tighter controls on them because again, legal availability is not the problem, our whole damn culture is infected with the opportunity to breed this kind of insanity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY