*$100 BOUNTY* Phantasy Star Universe/AOTI PS2 Widescreen Hack

ReveriePass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! Phantasy Star Universe is one of my favorite video games of all time, and I would love to have a great widescreen hack for it!

As of now, there is a widescreen patch that is built into PCSX2. However, this widescreen hack comes with a lot of issues.

-Pop-up character emotes are cropped off-screen, due to the stretched UI (I assume). (See images).
-Game's HUD is stretched, which causes issues with the map on the top right of the screen. (See images)
-When standing in certain positions, some of the game's geometry will stretch in very odd ways. (See Images)

If you can create a widescreen patch (either pncach, xdelta, elf, It doesn't matter), for Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminus, I would love to get in contact with you!

Please DM me if you're interested!

Emotes.png

Map.png

Morph.png

Reactions: monstar

ReveriePass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you find them? I’ll hop on my computer and see if they are the same as the ones bundled in with PCSX2. Thanks!
Darn, unfortunately it's the one that's bundled in with PCSX2 that includes all of the previously mentioned problems. Thank you so much, though!

Reactions: Plazorn

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, this game was pretty good. This game should be able to fucntion in wise, because PSPortable did. I wonder how PC version fares.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your better off posting this on the PCSX2 widescreen forum. Making a perfect widescreen patch takes alot of time and effort. If you look at the pnach for Persona 3 fes widescreen, there's like 40+ lines of codes there, from fixing stretched avatars, animations etc. (Took years to get to this point)

have you checked the widescreen archive? the ones included with PCSX2 might not be up to date.

ReveriePass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this game was pretty good. This game should be able to fucntion in wise, because PSPortable did. I wonder how PC version fares.
Phantasy Star Universe PC version is in 4:3. There is a widescreen hack for it, but it has the exact same problems as the PS2 widescreen hack.

PSU AOTI is native widescreen on PC!

ReveriePass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your better off posting this on the PCSX2 widescreen forum. Making a perfect widescreen patch takes alot of time and effort. If you look at the pnach for Persona 3 fes widescreen, there's like 40+ lines of codes there, from fixing stretched avatars, animations etc. (Took years to perfect)
Thank you, I appreciate you. I will do that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated