Hacking 1.17a12 is OUT [New Firmware]

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i have now the tool for extinfo.dat...

But how i can merge 1 code XML for example to the big extinfo.dat???

I wish to do something about the zelda ST "EU"...

Question: can we use the code for protected game in the "Cheat" file?
( take the code from extinfo.dat and copy it in the usrcheat.dat, it will work? )

Kazeking

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Many, many thanks!
smileipb2.png

Alty09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tomjkear said:
I have been occasionally checking ndstt.com site to see if they have created a new firmware for the DSTT.
Normally I am disappointed but tonight I see they have a new firmware available: "Refixed TTMenu Kernel v1.17a12, 2009-12-21 new Download"

I have just read through this entire thread... am I right in thinking that the whole password malarkey was an attempt to avoid what appears to have happened?

And apparently they're not the only ones....

QUOTER4 MicroSD/TF Adapter Flash Cart for NDS/DS Lite including delivery £2.47!! @D********me

£2.47
1149°
FOUND BY: nicksinghuk 6 days, 22 hours ago
$3.83 equals to £2.47

Manufacturer's product description:
- 2nd generation storage device (no booting tool required)
- Flush fitting slot 1 card
- Uses MicroSD card, FAT16 or 32
- Supports any MicroSD card speed with no lag in game
- Supports Clean ROM, drag and drop. Works on any OS
- Built in NoPass
- Automatically detect save type
- Save directly to MicroSD card, not to onboard chip
- Supports Moonshell and other homebrew. Open I/O interface
- User friendly skinnable interface. Touchscreen or button operation
- Supports rumble pak and memory pak
- Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser
- Supports changes of the background of Operation Interface
- Support Skin DIY by setting background and font colors on Main Menu and Game Menu manually and automatically
- Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment ( DS Lite only )
- Supports the Soft Reset.
- Supports Action Replay cheat
- moonshell 1.6 support Software Reset function( Press START key back to the R4 menu)

Just found this, should help you to play new games. (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

"This is the new custom firmware for R4 carts,using dstt latest firmware V1.17a12,Its basic but it plays all the latest roms,the only problem is the reset does`nt work.You have to turn the ds off after each game.Enjoy"

h**p://www.multiupload.com/6AJRKCR6T6

- higgzy

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/568963/r4-m...r-flash-cart-fo?

DiD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.telenet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
tomjkear said:
I have been occasionally checking ndstt.com site to see if they have created a new firmware for the DSTT.
Normally I am disappointed but tonight I see they have a new firmware available: "Refixed TTMenu Kernel v1.17a12, 2009-12-21 new Download"

I have just read through this entire thread... am I right in thinking that the whole password malarkey was an attempt to avoid what appears to have happened?
ndstt.com links the download for 1.17a12 to www.happydone.com. Checking that site, I came across some other things.
If there's one thing I can't stand it's stealing people work. So I send them this mail.
QUOTEDear Gents,

Looks like you’ve put up a nice website in relation to NDS adapters, their firmware and DIY skins with http://www.happydone.com. My congratulations for that.
Yet I think it’s not fair that you do not credit the original sources for some of the things you offer on your website.

First remark:
I’m an active member and moderator of www.ndsthemes.com. You offer DIY skins (we prefer to say themes) that do not credit the creators and are property of NDSthemes.com.
I’m sure of that, since you display preview images which are screenshots of the previewer I programmed for NDSthemes.com. The original creators names are still displayed in it.
So it would be more than justified that you credit the original creator and link the download to NDSthemes.com.

Second remark:
You offer the DSTT firmware V1.17a12 for download. I see even NDSTT.com has a link to your site, so I guess you’re in some way connected to them.
Why not credit the guys who maintain and update the firmware and place a link to their hard work?
At least you could place a link to the official place of the firmware: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195808

Many people would be grateful if you would do these suggested things. Hell, it would even save you a lot of server space.
I'm curious if I get any answer.

shank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shank said:
Thanks for the quick responses.
I do have extinfo.dat (and infolib.dat and savlib.dat) in the TTmenu folder.

I'm using an R4 with YSMenu and dstt 1.17a12 firmware, hoping to run a clean rom (unpatched or uncracked).

The number 4527 caught my eye, since I noticed my test subject of LoZ:SP was 4506. I believe 4506 is actually the clean, uncracked dump, but it does not display train controls using my setup. So, I tested the one numbered 4527 and it appears to be a precracked rom. So, in essence the new dstt firmware added support for the cracked version but not the clean version?

I think I have everything understood now and am posting to clear things up, in case this enlightens other users also.
There were two main sources of my confusion.
1. Rom numbering is not consistent. For example, there are different games released as 4527
2. Terms used in a rom community. A "clean" rom should mean an unpatched and uncracked rom. No alterations to the rom. Just a clean dump of the cart. (For example, in this case, 4506 is the "clean rom" for LoZ:SP)

4506 is the clean rom of Zelda:SP and was my test case. What tripped me up in the patch notes for the latest DSTT firmware was that they added support for 4527 the cracked version. It didnt make sense to me that they would need to add support for a version that already had the AP removed and I didnt know about both 4605 and 4527 releases, so it never occurred to me that they really only added further fixes just to get the cracked version to run.

So, in summation. 4506 was the test case I was speaking of that did not work. 4527 does indeed work with this firmware release.

Since they can only added support for a rom that has the AP removed, is it safe to say that the R4 will not be able to run clean dumps of games that use this new AP?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
jalaneme said:
does this firmware have the fake-killer disabled? or is it official firmware.
Better grab the Fake-killer disabled version here
just to be sure.

i already have that version, it would be nice if my cousin would be able to play spirit tracks with this firmware.

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Jan 10 2010, 05:00 PM)
The version posted here has the fake killer disabled.
It was posted here 2 or 3 weeks before it showed up on the DSTT page.

have you tested this firmware on a fake DSTT yourself or are you presuming it would work?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
AC/DS said:
jalaneme said:
does this firmware have the fake-killer disabled? or is it official firmware.
Better grab the Fake-killer disabled version here
just to be sure.i already have that version, it would be nice if my cousin would be able to play spirit tracks with this firmware.1.17a12 should have no problem running Spirit Tracks.
I've been using it (as YSMenu) for a month now and beat LoZ: Spirit Tracks before Christmas.

QUOTE(jalaneme @ Jan 10 2010, 02:31 PM) QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Jan 10 2010, 05:00 PM)
The version posted here has the fake killer disabled.
It was posted here 2 or 3 weeks before it showed up on the DSTT page.
have you tested this firmware on a fake DSTT yourself or are you presuming it would work?
I have not used it on a DSTT, but I have used it on my R4 with YSMenu -- not sure if that makes a difference, but if it does I know YSMenu works on DSTTs and should work on DSTT clones.
All the 'a##' firmware was "made" by ashley and his group on 2ch. They are not associated with DSTT at all so therefor would no interest in keeping the fake-killer code included. To take it a step further, ashley is upset that DSTT "stole" their firmware -- but keep in mind that they "stole" the firmware from DSTT in the first place.

red231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shank said:
shank said:
Thanks for the quick responses.
I do have extinfo.dat (and infolib.dat and savlib.dat) in the TTmenu folder.

I'm using an R4 with YSMenu and dstt 1.17a12 firmware, hoping to run a clean rom (unpatched or uncracked).

The number 4527 caught my eye, since I noticed my test subject of LoZ:SP was 4506. I believe 4506 is actually the clean, uncracked dump, but it does not display train controls using my setup. So, I tested the one numbered 4527 and it appears to be a precracked rom. So, in essence the new dstt firmware added support for the cracked version but not the clean version?

I think I have everything understood now and am posting to clear things up, in case this enlightens other users also.
There were two main sources of my confusion.
1. Rom numbering is not consistent. For example, there are different games released as 4527
2. Terms used in a rom community. A "clean" rom should mean an unpatched and uncracked rom. No alterations to the rom. Just a clean dump of the cart. (For example, in this case, 4506 is the "clean rom" for LoZ:SP)

4506 is the clean rom of Zelda:SP and was my test case. What tripped me up in the patch notes for the latest DSTT firmware was that they added support for 4527 the cracked version. It didnt make sense to me that they would need to add support for a version that already had the AP removed and I didnt know about both 4605 and 4527 releases, so it never occurred to me that they really only added further fixes just to get the cracked version to run.

So, in summation. 4506 was the test case I was speaking of that did not work. 4527 does indeed work with this firmware release.

Since they can only added support for a rom that has the AP removed, is it safe to say that the R4 will not be able to run clean dumps of games that use this new AP?

i thought it was 4527 because the dsi games were in the list of nds games. 4506 is when there are no dsi games in the list too.
i dont kno

and 4506 did work on my r4 with ysmenu.

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like this drama means I'm going to need to slightly recode my YSMenu generator to pass off the responsibility of obtaining the DSTT firmware to the users.

EDIT: The filetrip download says "[NO FAKE KILLER]", is this correct?

Betu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
huh :/ so they steal your firmwares, that's nasty >_< I looked up the firmware from ndstti.com (IDK if that's a fake page xD) the link took me to happydone.com, anyways, when I read this I knew it'd be better to thank Ashley and everyone that made this possible, I'm already playing Spirit Tracks
gbasp.gif
thx for everything

Hope you always have the "no fake killer" because even though my DSTTi Gold "seems" official (I opened it and compared it) it was still bought from DealExtreme, so I have my doubts
tongue.gif

anyways, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
I will make known the brand new update for the DSTT.
I hope that users DSTT, R4 and YSMenu enjoy this update, others will follow.
grog.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zb1tydgykhd/2.16 infolib to 4718 for DSTT and R4.zip

Updated content:
Updated: February 16, 2010
4718 - Tak 3-point edge in math learning DS (Japan)
4717 - BLEACH Bleach 3rd Phantom (Europe)
4716 - Already the nation's Next Top Model (Europe)
4715 - walk around a small naughty (Europe)
4714 - Mount than the doll Knight (U.S.)
4713 - Mount than the doll Pirates (U.S.)
4712 - Dragonball DS2 surprise! Red Ribbon Army (Japan)
Speaking of: 0661 - Yoshi Island DS
Speaking of: Dragon Quest Slime tail shock group
Speaking of: Dragon Quest 5 sky, a perfect bride Collection Chinese Version
Speaking of: Dragon Quest 6 Magic of the Chinese Version of the earth the full story
Speaking of: Sloan and Makebeier 2
Revised extinfo.dat to the February 16 edition (From the Japanese point of the update fixes, for those who break abroad! Thanks to all hackers!)
4712 - Dragonball DS2 surprise! Red Ribbon Army (Japan)
Revised savlib.dat to the December 25 edition of
4543 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Legend of Zelda: Soul track - EUR
4526 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Legend of Zelda: Soul track - USA
4526 - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Legend of Zelda: Soul track - CHN
4593 - Zelda no Densetsu: Daichi no Kiteki - The Legend of Zelda - JPN

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
emuman99 said:
Bejeweled Twist isn't working on YSMenu. Any chance of an update that will fix this?
Nobody knows. Ashley left in a huff when his updated firmware appeared (uncredited) on the DSTT site and nobody else has taken over his work. A couple of extinfo updates have appeared but these only fixed Japanese games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong